Metal Storm logo
Celebrating Jon Lord - Cover Artwork, Trailer And Details Revealed

On April 4th, 2014, a group of musicians assembled at the Royal Albert Hall to pay tribute to one of the most-missed musicians of them all: Jon Lord, who passed away in 2012. Celebrating Jon Lord will be released as 1CD - The Composer, 2CD - The Rock Legend, 2DVD, Blu-ray, box set and download on September 26th, 2014 on earMUSIC. All product configurations feature individual cover artworks which have now been revealed for the first time.

earMUSIC is revealing the first images from the show in a trailer video which includes excerpts from "Burn" (with Glenn Hughes, Bruce Dickison, Ian Paice, Don Airey and Rick Wakeman), The Artwood's "Things Get Better" performed by Paul Weller, "This Time Around" performed by Glenn Hughes and of course, snippets of the grand Deep Purple finale including the songs "Uncommon Man", "Perfect Strangers" and "Hush" featuring Bruce Dickinson, Rick Wakeman, Phil Campbell, Bernie Marsden and Micky Moody. More details on the specific formats are available here.

"Divided in two parts - the first focused on the classical music compositions, so dear to Jon Lord, and the second featuring a crescendo of emotions going through some of his highlights as a rock musician - the concert gave fans a chance to relive Jon Lord's remarkable and extensive musical career, remembering music from Paice, Ashton Lord, Deep Purple, his later classical compositions and everything in between - all in aid for the charity organization The Sunflower Jam. The 83-piece Orion Orchestra performed, conducted by Paul Mann and accompanied by bands and artists such as Deep Purple, Paul Weller, Glenn Hughes, Bruce Dickinson, Rick Wakeman, Joe Brown, Miller Anderson, Steve Balsamo and many, many more."

Deep Purple drummer Ian Paice said of the show: "It was like no concert I have ever played. To a person everyone in the Hall was there for a common purpose to honour a wonderful man and a great musician. The Royal Albert Hall is fairly large venue and can be intimidating, but that evening it was more like a gathering of friends at their local, (if slightly oversized) pub than a regular show. I believe all the artists, the people in the audience and even the crew helping to make the show work, felt the difference that night."

Tracklist:

1CD - The Composer
01. Fantasia from Sarabande
02. Durham Awakes from Durham Concerto
03. All Those Years Ago (with Steve Balsamo and Micky Moody)
04. Pictured Within (with Miller Anderson)
05. Sarabande from Sarabande (with Rick Wakeman)
06. One From The Meadow (with Margo Buchanan)
07. Bourrée from Sarabande
08. Afterwards (with Jeremy Irons and Paul Mann)

2CD - The Rock Legend
CD1:
01. Things Get Better (feat. Paul Weller)
02. I Take What I Want (feat. Paul Weller and Micky Moody)
03. Silas And Jerome (feat. Phil Campbell from The Temperance Movement, Ian Paice and Bernie Marsden)
04. I'm Gonna Stop Drinking (feat. Phil Campbell from The Temperance Movement, Ian Paice and Bernie Marsden)
05. Soldier Of Fortune (feat. Steve Balsamo, Sandi Thom and Micky Moody)
06. You Keep On Moving (feat. Glenn Hughes, Bruce Dickinson, Ian Paice, Don Airey and Micky Moody)
07. Burn (feat. Glenn Hughes, Bruce Dickinson, Ian Paice, Don Airey and Rick Wakeman)

CD2 Deep Purple celebrating Jon Lord:
01. Uncommon Man
02. Above And Beyond
03. Lazy
04. When A Blind Man Cries
05. Perfect Strangers
06. Black Night
07. Hush (feat. Bruce Dickinson, Rick Wakeman, Phil Campbell, Bernie Marsden and Micky Moody)

The DVD and Blu-ray includes the above tracks as well as an over 60-minute documentary Two Worlds.

Source: ear-music.net
Band profile: Deep Purple
Posted: 02.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 1   Visited by: 10 users
06.08.2014 - 07:54
mikeprado30
Eternal respect to Jon!
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!

Hits total: 2813 | This month: 3