05. Body Harvest
06. BTK [feat. Chuck Billy]
07. Wrapped In The Arms Of Rage
08. My Last Nerve
09. Numb
10. Honor Killings
11. Food For The Worms
12. Angel Of Death [Angel Witch cover] [Limited Edition bonus]
13. Protect Not Dissect [feat. Anthony "Rat" Martin] [The Varukers cover] [Japanese bonus]

Disc II [Special Edition DVD]
+ "Blood Upon The Goat" making-of footage
+ Behind-the-scenes tour footage
+ Footage from Kirk Hammett's Fear FestEVIL After Party at San Diego Comic-Con

Staff review by
tea[m]ster
Rating:
Who exactly are the "Big 4" of thrash metal is a highly debated topic among metal music veterans for what seems now all of eternity. Everyone can agree with Metallica, Megadeth and Slayer but the fourth band gets a bit tricky depending on who you ask.

Read more ››
published 27.09.2014 | Comments (29)

Found in 24 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 33   Visited by: 783 users
07.08.2014 - 22:53
Darth Revan

I think the comment to make about this one is that it needs to have less droves.
09.08.2014 - 14:02
Rating: 7
Hazelnut Nero

The artwork is made by Pär Olofsson /// Insane artsit .
13.08.2014 - 11:21
Rating: 6
raveneffect

I have the highest expectations for this one.
23.08.2014 - 00:09
Rating: 10
Death To Posers
Hate Thy King
EXXODDUSSS ATTAAACKK!!! Fuck Yeah, been waiting a long time...
----
The word gen means "illusion" or "apparition." In India, a man who uses conjury is called a genjutsushi ["a master of illusion technique"]. Everything in this world is but a marionette show. Thus we use the word gen.
25.08.2014 - 04:39
wildxmo

Oh man...I cannot wait.
24.09.2014 - 19:35
Maco
Pvt Funderground
I'm not waiting Tempo Of The Damned 2. I just hope this one is better than the previous two.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
28.09.2014 - 23:23
Zap
12. Angel Of Death [Angel Witch cover]
Thought it was a Slayer cover for a split-second until my eyes continued reading.
28.09.2014 - 23:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Zap on 28.09.2014 at 23:23

12. Angel Of Death [Angel Witch cover]
Thought it was a Slayer cover for a split-second until my eyes continued reading.

Could also have been a Thin Lizzy cover
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.09.2014 - 23:31
Zap
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.09.2014 at 23:25

Haha, yeah that would have been interesting. (and very likely pretty terrible)
28.09.2014 - 23:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Zap on 28.09.2014 at 23:31

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.09.2014 at 23:25

Haha, yeah that would have been interesting. (and very likely pretty terrible)

Vader did a pretty decent cover of it.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.09.2014 - 23:42
Zap
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 28.09.2014 at 23:33

Vader did a pretty decent cover of it.

Just checked it out, that was pretty cool indeed

Anyways, back on topic I guess:

Uhm...
Yeah, I don't have anything to say about this album yet. Gonna give it a spin eventually, but it's not streaming anywhere as far as I know, so I'll just wait until that (inevitably) happens.
10.10.2014 - 05:00
Rulatore

Sounded a lot like "The Atrocity Exhibition: Exhibit A", but with Zetro on vocals. I'm disappointed
10.10.2014 - 22:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I havnt listened exodus so much in my life but maye at this moment this is best from this band .... pure 80's sound and old school .... good album
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.10.2014 - 07:34
Darth Revan

Honestly, Zetro's vocals are probably the weakest thing about the album, the dude is aging. I honestly think the album would have benefited from someone who sings at a bit of a lower register. Dukes would have worked (and I heard this album was written with his voice in mind anyway).
11.10.2014 - 17:46
Silent Jay

Listened to the full thing earlier including the killer Angel Witch cover with Kevin Heybourne on vocals. I liked it. Not sure where I'll put it alongside the other post-Tempo (was a massive fan of Tempo of the Damned) albums yet, I'll decide after more listens, but at first listen it may just be their best. Zetros vocals are a bit weaker but from what I can tell seems to do the job well enough.
12.10.2014 - 21:05
Lit.
Account deleted
Unfortunately, I gotta agree with the above posters on that Zetro sounds real tired on this album. They should've stuck with Dukes if the album was written more towards his style.

Everything else sounds real nice though, musically. Interestingly, this time a lot of the shorter songs were mostly filler, while a lot of the longer songs were actually real good, like Body Farm, Collateral Damage and BTK (Jesus fuck, the ending).
14.10.2014 - 17:06
Neoxx07

Written by Guest on 12.10.2014 at 21:05

Unfortunately, I gotta agree with the above posters on that Zetro sounds real tired on this album. They should've stuck with Dukes if the album was written more towards his style.

Everything else sounds real nice though, musically. Interestingly, this time a lot of the shorter songs were mostly filler, while a lot of the longer songs were actually real good, like Body Farm, Collateral Damage and BTK (Jesus fuck, the ending).

He sounds better in his other band Hatriot, but is ok i think.
14.10.2014 - 18:05
Rating: 10
3 Inches of BLS

Kick ass album. The riffs are just sick!! I'm glad zetro is back
18.10.2014 - 23:51
Sword_Chant

My main gripe with this album is the vocals, the riffs and solos are really good, but the singer just isn't doing it... hopefully this will grow on me more with time.
20.10.2014 - 01:43
Rating: 8
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well I didn't listen to every track just yet. But so far Blood In Blood Out and Salt The Wound really do have that *Tempo Of The Damned* feel, probably
because of Zetro. I won't complain since I fucking love Tempo, but yeah I'll probably buy this in the following days and give it more spins
before rating it.

Also I don't know why people complain 'bout the vocals O.o
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
22.10.2014 - 09:18
Darth Revan

Written by Guib on 20.10.2014 at 01:43

Well I didn't listen to every track just yet. But so far Blood In Blood Out and Salt The Wound really do have that *Tempo Of The Damned* feel, probably
because of Zetro. I won't complain since I fucking love Tempo, but yeah I'll probably buy this in the following days and give it more spins
before rating it.

Ya know that feeling when you wake up and your throat is really fucking dry and no matter how much you drink it doesn't get better? It sounds like Zetro recorded almost every song like that, and I'm sorry for him if he did, his throat must have hurt like hell. If you compare it to "Tempo of the Damned", which I think "Blood In, Blood Out" actually manages to improve upon in some respects, you'll see that his voice sounded a lot more clear, for lack of a better word. He's not quite nails on chalkboard, but it's noticeable, especially on "Black 13".
26.10.2014 - 01:30
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Darth Revan on 22.10.2014 at 09:18

Written by Guib on 20.10.2014 at 01:43

before rating it.

Ya know that feeling when you wake up and your throat is really fucking dry and no matter how much you drink it doesn't get better? It sounds like Zetro recorded almost every song like that, and I'm sorry for him if he did, his throat must have hurt like hell. If you compare it to "Tempo of the Damned", which I think "Blood In, Blood Out" actually manages to improve upon in some respects, you'll see that his voice sounded a lot more clear, for lack of a better word. He's not quite nails on chalkboard, but it's noticeable, especially on "Black 13".

It's different from Tempo I agree but it's far from being something for me to complain about. But that's probably because I don't mind the vocals much anyways.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
20.11.2014 - 00:42
MyNameJeff

These are the elements that I wanted from Exodus so this why this is my favorite album from them:
- Zetro? Check! Bonus: Him being more agressive? (I liked Dukes) Check.
- Awesome guests? Check.
- The riffing/drumming of their last 2-3 albums? Check.
- A shorter album length? Check.
That's all I needed! Thanks Exodus!!!
26.11.2014 - 21:09
SergioBv

I'm not a fan, but enjoyed the last albums with Robert Dukes on vocals. With Zetro... hm i don't like so much, very tiresome.
Anyway, correct Thrash Metal album.
26.11.2014 - 22:30
Wingtorte

Somehow totally missed this...thank fuck the obnoxious meat head Dukes is gone. Everything they did with him was utter horseshit, so I hope Souza's return bodes well for this one. And reading some of the reviews out there so far seems its at least better than anything they released since Tempo.
30.11.2014 - 16:40
Toxik

Some really good songs like Collateral Damage, BTK, Numb and Food For The Worms.
It's an enjoyable album but I was expectiong more
EDIT: Forget that it's a rally cool album
21.12.2014 - 20:53
Rating: 9
Vikcen
Metálico
Very very good, all songs are in the line of Exodus . A Little downside for me, are the guitar's sound in the riffs, the album production is good, but i would have liked it more up front, it sounds a little low.
21.12.2014 - 23:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Terrible album even though I am a Steve Souaza fan
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.12.2014 - 00:25
Toxik

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.12.2014 at 23:12

Terrible album even though I am a Steve Souaza fan

It's a bit hard to digest
23.12.2014 - 07:54
Rating: 7
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
If above red voters put a stamp on 4s and 6s(or some more will arrive) solely on terrible vocals and negated good thrash music which maintained Exodus standard, then I guess you guys should jump off the bridge over this musical discrimination.

People drawing conclusion again over "GOOD MUSIC, TERRIBLE VOCALS" debate which tagged many good albums into average ones.

Yes, vocals were indeed below standard but then again i've been impressed over the quality music brought up by Exodus.

Hits total: 15946 | This month: 36