Release date: August 2014

01. Half Human, Half Dynamite
02. Where The Underdogs Bark
03. Hell Is Full
04. Street Judges Gavel
05. Erection Of The Egoist
06. The Devil Of Mine
07. 1980's Ladies

Filthy, obnoxious and stupid. God damn, Studfaust is pretty decent.

Over the past decade or so, we've seen so many black metallers come forward with their various attempts at paying tribute to the great Motörhead. Chrome Division, Black River, I, even recent Darkthrone records have a few nods to Lemmy and his crew. Never before have I heard the spirit of that greasy machine captured so well as it is on Where The Underdogs Bark.

An ex-member of Old Funeral and a current member of Emperor have teamed up, and done the one thing bands like Chrome Division and Black River failed to do; keep it gritty. Take the slimy riff-work from old Motörhead, a bit of the bounciness from early Misfits, delivered with the D.I.Y aggression of hardcore pioneers like Black Flag and D.O.A.. In fact, this is as much a punk album as it is metal, and the balance is perfect.

Listening to Where The Underdogs Bark is a lot like rubbing crack cocaine on your testicles behind a 7-11. It's good, wholesome fun for a short period of time, but after a while you just start to feel a little silly. Fear not, Studfaust are one step ahead of you! They've kept this "mini-LP" to a tight 20 minutes. This short-blast of an album doesn't drag, which makes digesting the dumb lyrics much easier. But then again, if you're looking for stimulating poetry, crossover is not the place you should be looking.

Do idiotic things at an accelerated pace while listening to Studfaust.

Written on 11.08.2014 by Former EIC. Now just a reviewer guy.

Comments

Comments: 4   Visited by: 83 users
12.08.2014 - 00:12
wormdrink414

1980s Ladies is the best kind of sing-along song, love that track. Also loving that erection song. Also loving the vocals in general.
12.08.2014 - 12:08
Zap
The lack of umlaut on Motörhead's name annoys me. Sorry, I had to point that out.
12.08.2014 - 17:56
D.T. Metal

Written by Zap on 12.08.2014 at 12:08

The lack of umlaut on Motörhead's name annoys me. Sorry, I had to point that out.

fixed
14.08.2014 - 08:38
Rating: 8
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by wormdrink414 on 12.08.2014 at 00:12

1980s Ladies is the best kind of sing-along song, love that track. Also loving that erection song. Also loving the vocals in general.

Indeed. The awesome vocals somehow make the idiotic lyrics seem less ridiculous.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin

Hits total: 2896 | This month: 4