Metal Storm logo
Opeth - Announce Tour With In Flames And Red Fang

Two Swedish heavyweights, Opeth and In Flames, will join forces on a North American co-headlining tour with support from Red Fang. Both Swedish bands have new albums to present. The trek is set to get underway on December 3rd at the Riviera Theatre in Chicago, and traverse North America through the end of the month. Are you planning to attend these shows? Not a lot of shows were announced, so grab the opportunity!

Limited VIP tickets will be available on August 13th exclusively through Artist Arena with general public on sale starting Friday, August 15th. Opeth will close every date.

"We are delighted to return to North America to tour our latest album Pale Communion," commented Mikael Åkerfeldt. "This will be the first of two North American Tours and the fact that we are teaming up with our old friends In Flames for this co-headline tour means that we can get to play some large venues and present our new stage show. I am also looking forward to drinking expensive whiskey with Anders on his account!"

In Flames frontman Anders Fridén added: "I met [Opeth guitarist] Mikael [Akerfeldt] for the first time in 1998 during the recording of Opeth's album My Arms, Your Hearse. I was working in the studio and we've been friends ever since. Now 16 years more beautiful, we release albums in the same cycle and it's with great honor and pleasure that In Flames share stage with our friends and fellow countrymen in Opeth."

The co-headline tour will celebrate the release of Opeth's new record Pale Communion, set to arrive on August 25th.

Opeth and In Flames Communion Of Sirens tour:

12/3 - Riviera Theater | Chicago, IL
12/4 - Mill City Nights | Minneapolis, MN
12/5 - Sokol Auditorium | Omaha, NE
12/6 - Ogden Theater | Denver, CO
12/8 - Warfield | San Francisco, CA
12/9 - Palladium | Los Angeles, CA
12/10 - The Marquee Theater | Tempe, AZ
12/12 - Warehouse Live | Houston, TX
12/13 - Gas Monkey Live | Dallas, TX
12/15 - Tabernacle | Atlanta, GA
12/17 - Electric Factory | Philadelphia, PA
12/18 - Terminal 5 | New York, N.Y.
12/19 - Palladium | Worcester, MA
12/20 - Metropolis | Montreal, QC
12/21 - Koolhaus | Toronto, ONT

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Opeth
Event: Opeth & In Flames: Communion Of Sirens North American Tour 2014
Posted: 13.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 134 users
14.08.2014 - 03:20
Jiri

Odd pair...
14.08.2014 - 03:26
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
April 1st already passed this year...
14.08.2014 - 11:33
The 2 bands with the shittiest albums of the year in one gig, Awesome!!!
14.08.2014 - 14:24
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by MaiSweettShaadow on 14.08.2014 at 11:33

The 2 bands with the shittiest albums of the year in one gig, Awesome!!!

But Red Fang didn't released album this year.

Hits total: 2847 | This month: 2