Metal Storm logo
Machine Head - New Album Title, Cover And More Revealed

U.S. metallers Machine Head have revealed more about their upcoming new album. More precisely, they revealed that it will be titled Bloodstone & Diamonds. The tracklist and cover artwork was also made available, so check it out right here. Do you like it?

Robert "Robb" Flynn explains the album title: "Without getting too philosophical on ya, bloodstone and diamonds represent two of the hardest materials on earth, it is also a lyric from the opening track of the album 'Now We Die'. In many cultures the bloodstone has been used as an amulet to protect against evil, and is the symbol of justice. Diamonds are the hardest natural material on earth (which is how we feel about our music), and it also represents the diamond logo I drew 22 years ago (in my wife's apartment on Dover St. in Oakland) that has become the symbol for the band."

CD cover

Tracklist:

01. Now We Die
02. Killers & Kings
03. Ghosts Will Haunt My Bones
04. Night Of Long Knives
05. Sail Into The Black
06. Eyes Of The Dead
07. Beneath The Silt
08. In Comes The Flood
09. Damage Inside
10. Game Over
11. Imaginal Cells (instrumental)
12. Take Me Through The Fire

The frontman reveals more details: "10 songs, an interlude, and an instrumental with an audio collage of spoken word snippets (think 'Real Eyes, Realize, Real Lies') by Dr. Bruce Lipton and Steve Bhaerman, taken from their (incredibly inspiring) audiobook Spontaneous Evolution.

"It was once again produced by your truly The General and Juan Urteaga, and like the last 7 out of 8 albums masterfully mixed by Colin Richardson. Additional tracking, editing, and mixing was done with heavy metal legend Andy Sneap and Steve Lagudi. Guest musicians include 2 different string quartets featuring the original Quartet Rouge that appeared on our last album Unto The Locust. And a new all-male quartet which we featured on the song 'In Comes The Flood'.

"String arrangements for 2 of the songs 'Now We Die' and 'Sail Into The Black' came courtesy of myself and Rhys Fulber who has worked with everyone from Sarah McLachlan, to Fear Factory, and the string arrangement for 'In Comes The Flood' came courtesy of myself and ex-Worship and current-Bring Me The Horizon keyboardist Jordan Fish, who is a producer in his own right.

"We worked with several artists to complete the 28 page (!) 'standard' CD booklet, as well as the 48 page (!) hardcover leather-bound Media-book that will serve as the special edition, including Rafal Wechterowicz, Marcelo Vasco, and long-time Machine Head art-collaborator Strephon Taylor. The theme was to have both CD and hardcover Mediabook look like an old Alchemy book from the 1800's, with weathered edges, sepia toned pages, and magic / masonic / alchemy themed woodcarvings throughout. It turned out fucking amazing!"

Media book hard cover

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Machine Head
Posted: 14.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 146 users
14.08.2014 - 11:47
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
I don't like that much the title of the album but on the other hand the cover artwork is great. i have high hopes from this band!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
14.08.2014 - 14:22
psykometal
A staff guy...
Looking forward to hearing the band with Jared McEachern.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

14.08.2014 - 15:05
Sword_Chant

This looks awesome, if it's anything like the last 2 albums I look forward to checking it out.
14.08.2014 - 15:50
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Well, the artwork's definitely better than the last album, but still pretty generic. Regardless, I'll probably be checking this out just for the hell of it
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
14.08.2014 - 19:48
Lit.
Account deleted
I can dig it.
14.08.2014 - 23:47
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Yep, I like the album artwork. Album title is okay. Hope the songs are good.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
14.08.2014 - 23:51
AnnaNidstaang

The artwork is amazing. Can't wait to hear it.
----
Here at the edge of this world... Here I gaze at a pantheon of oak, a citadel of stone. If this grand panorama before me is what you call God...
Then God is not dead.
15.08.2014 - 00:32
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Wow so cool and deep.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.08.2014 - 07:50
Machiavelli
Account deleted
I NEED a Machine Head record that just kills... I hope this one brings the ferocity like all the lions in the artwork.
15.08.2014 - 12:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Atrocious album art, tbh. So immensely standard and generic and like deadone said rejigged their Hellalive cover.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

15.08.2014 - 13:20
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
A bit more going on than that previous album cover you've shown. Wouldn't expect some people to notice and appreciate the intricacy, however. Too many cynics and critics with a negative bent around here.
----
15.08.2014 - 13:31
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Ace Frawley on 15.08.2014 at 13:20

A bit more going on than that previous album cover you've shown. Wouldn't expect some people to notice and appreciate the intricacy, however. Too many cynics and critics with a negative bent around here.

it is more going on. But that doesn't mean it is a good cover.

I see too many blind fanboys with a positive bend around here.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.08.2014 - 13:57
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.08.2014 at 13:31

I see too many blind fanboys with a positive bend around here.

Nothing wrong with that. Would much rather read people talking about something they like and enjoy than the opposite - people carping, criticising and generally dumping on the enjoyment of others. Each to their own, but I know what I prefer.
----
18.08.2014 - 03:57
UPDIRNS

Album title isn't the greatest, but I like the cover art work too. I am a big MH fan and look forward to buying this album the day it comes out on CD.
18.08.2014 - 05:36
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Written by deadone on 18.08.2014 at 04:05

Nothing about negative bent. It's clear the new album cover is a rejigged Hellalive cover. It was a dull cover back then but was ok for a live album. Their best cover was The Blackening (even though I didn't like the album).

I have an open mind to the new album, even though that one song they released was pretty average.

The Blackening album cover is my favourite MH album cover as well.
----

Hits total: 2215 | This month: 4