Metal Storm logo
In Flames - New Video Released

After the recent tour news, In Flames give us new music today. So far, the Swedes have revealed their new album's first single "Rusted Nail" and today they premiere a new video for "Through Oblivion". This means you can listen to more new material from the impending Siren Charms. The video for "Through Oblivion" was directed once again by Patric Ullaeus as their previous video. Watch the video here and give us your opinion about the song.

Siren Charms is set to be released worldwide on September 5th (the US release is September 9th).

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: In Flames
Posted: 15.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 60   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 261 users
16.08.2014 - 18:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
----
16.08.2014 - 19:24
psykometal
A staff guy...
Cuz, ya know, the musicians aren't allowed to decide they don't want to play the same thing they played 20 years ago anymore.

I agree that if they really want to abandon their old style completely that they should at least change the name, but to call them low-life hipster douches because they don't want to play what their oldest fans want them to play anymore is just fucking stupid, inconsiderate and makes you a low-life hipster douche.

(eagerly awaiting Daniel's response )
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

16.08.2014 - 20:01
LordHypnos
Account deleted
Lost my hopes on In Flames.
16.08.2014 - 20:05
Johnny Cobbs

I actually agree with Orangutoad. In Flames and Opeth both suck really bad now and the people who defend these musicians that decide they hate metal overnight really are "hipster douchebags" in the truest sense. Especially guys like this Daniel homo who apparently hates melodic death metal. This is supposed to be a metal website but seeing as there are so many here that actually support this tragic shit makes me think maybe they should change the name to pop / prog storm.

Seriously. You people need to go back to your Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend albums. Maybe go check out The Black Keys? lol...
16.08.2014 - 20:06
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
It is actually a good song if you listen to it as a non-metal song.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.08.2014 - 20:42
Milan

Musicians/artists don't owe anyone anything, they can do whatever they want. Don't like it? Deal with it. People change, their tastes change, their goals change. If you have so much trouble dealing with Opeth/In Flames not being metal anymore, I seriously question your capability to adapt to major life changes.

On topic: The song in itself is not too bad, I actually mildly enjoy the chorus. I honestly think they could be an adequate, unremarkable pop/rock band if they would just ditch Anders and get someone who can actually sing.
16.08.2014 - 21:22
Orangutoad
Low-life douche
Written by Milan on 16.08.2014 at 20:42

Musicians/artists don't owe anyone anything, they can do whatever they want. Don't like it? Deal with it. People change, their tastes change, their goals change. If you have so much trouble dealing with Opeth/In Flames not being metal anymore, I seriously question your capability to adapt to major life changes.

On topic: The song in itself is not too bad, I actually mildly enjoy the chorus. I honestly think they could be an adequate, unremarkable pop/rock band if they would just ditch Anders and get someone who can actually sing.

Yeah, tools like you would like this garbage.

I can handle "life changes" just fine, in fact I'm willing to bet I'm a stronger person than most of you geeky little cunts (and you're lucky you will never find that out first hand) but when something I love as much as metal starts dying in front of my very eyes...I get pissed off! And as a matter of fact, they DO owe the fans something. Because without us, they would be NOTHING! Don't you fucking understand that you dumb bastard?! I won't "deal with it" either, I will just stop listening to these tools, stop going to their shows, and watch them fade into obscurity with the rest of the shit bands.

I see now what I'm dealing with on this site. I was warned about coming here by several people due to the fact that I would clash with all of the hipster douchebags on here that support the whole "metal goes pop" bullshit that metal has been deteriorating into for some time now. So I'm not gonna hang around here and argue with you people because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, and you're definitely not true metal fans.

The fact is that bands like Opeth and In Flames are an abomination. They suck beyond belief now, and will never be good prog bands no matter how hard they try. Their new "music" is pure shit, plain and simple. If you like pure shit, then go for it, I don't really give a fuck. In fact, I think it suits you just fine.

Fuck you people, I hope you all get cancer...

Long live REAL heavy metal music. \m/

I'm outta here.
16.08.2014 - 21:28
Vombatus
Potorro
"Fans don't owe anyone anything, they can do whatever they want. Don't like it? Deal with it. People have different opinions. If you have so much trouble dealing with people bitching about Opeth/In Flames not being metal anymore, I seriously question your capability to adapt to major life changes."

Yeah, works for both ways. Incredible isn't it ?

As for me, I stopped giving the slightest flying fuck for In Flames after Reroute to Remain, so I'll just leave without even listening this predictably atrocious piece of alt-rock.
16.08.2014 - 21:36
Milan

I'd like to point out that the problem wasn't so much his dislike of the music (I haven't really liked anything In Flames has done in the past 15 years myself and everyone has the right to like/hate whatever they want) but rather the stupidity in his reasoning.
16.08.2014 - 22:01
psykometal
A staff guy...
Written by Orangutoad on 16.08.2014 at 21:22

Yeah, tools like you would like this garbage.

I can handle "life changes" just fine, in fact I'm willing to bet I'm a stronger person than most of you geeky little cunts (and you're lucky you will never find that out first hand) but when something I love as much as metal starts dying in front of my very eyes...I get pissed off! And as a matter of fact, they DO owe the fans something. Because without us, they would be NOTHING! Don't you fucking understand that you dumb bastard?! I won't "deal with it" either, I will just stop listening to these tools, stop going to their shows, and watch them fade into obscurity with the rest of the shit bands.

I see now what I'm dealing with on this site. I was warned about coming here by several people due to the fact that I would clash with all of the hipster douchebags on here that support the whole "metal goes pop" bullshit that metal has been deteriorating into for some time now. So I'm not gonna hang around here and argue with you people because you obviously have no idea what you're talking about, and you're definitely not true metal fans.

The fact is that bands like Opeth and In Flames are an abomination. They suck beyond belief now, and will never be good prog bands no matter how hard they try. Their new "music" is pure shit, plain and simple. If you like pure shit, then go for it, I don't really give a fuck. In fact, I think it suits you just fine.

Fuck you people, I hope you all get cancer...

Long live REAL heavy metal music. \m/

I'm outta here.

Alright, guy, let's cut the insults and personal attacks or you won't have the option to come back even if you decide you want to.
----

16.08.2014 - 22:05
Ilham
Giant robot
I don't think I'll ever have the energy to type this much for anything In Flames-related in my entire life.
16.08.2014 - 22:06
Lord_Regnier

Written by Johnny Cobbs on 16.08.2014 at 20:05

I actually agree with Orangutoad. In Flames and Opeth both suck really bad now and the people who defend these musicians that decide they hate metal overnight really are "hipster douchebags" in the truest sense. Especially guys like this Daniel homo who apparently hates melodic death metal. This is supposed to be a metal website but seeing as there are so many here that actually support this tragic shit makes me think maybe they should change the name to pop / prog storm.

Seriously. You people need to go back to your Arcade Fire and Vampire Weekend albums. Maybe go check out The Black Keys? lol...

And to think that Deadone believe that some fans of extreme Metal on Metalstorm sometimes act as elitists and are not friendly with those who like more "mainstream" Metal...

You want to see what close-minded elitists really are? Just read posts from guys like Johnny Cobbs and Orangutoad.

Don't take it as an attack on my part, Deadone. It is not. My only wish here is to point out what elitist douchebags really are and underline the difference between them and the extreme Metal fans who post here regularly. I hope it makes you realize the difference.
And while you questioned the behaviour of some people here, you did it politely and with civility, unlike those guys.

As for Johnny Cobbs and Orangutoad, if you're so displeased with Metalstorm, I would recommend you another website. Go visit ANUS.com, you will probably feel at home there.

And Orangutoad should be banned for his rudeness and insults.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
16.08.2014 - 22:11
Lord_Regnier

Musicians/artists don't owe anyone anything, they can do whatever they want. Don't like it? Deal with it. People change, their tastes change, their goals change.

True.
----
16.08.2014 - 22:13
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Lord_Regnier on 16.08.2014 at 22:06

The truth.

I really like you.
16.08.2014 - 22:20
psykometal
A staff guy...
He bid farewell, I issued a warning after the fact. If he comes back with more 'tude and typessaults then he'll definitely get the banhammer.

Agree with Ilham, very nice call out Lord Regnier. Now let's hope deadone sees it. Lol
----

16.08.2014 - 22:26
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Orangutoad on 16.08.2014 at 21:22

I'm a stronger person than most of you geeky little cunts (and you're lucky you will never find that out first hand)

Did you hear that? Yes, your EGO just explodes.
16.08.2014 - 22:30
Lord_Regnier

Written by psykometal on 16.08.2014 at 22:20

Agree with Ilham, very nice call out Lord Regnier. Now let's hope deadone sees it. Lol

I just hope to make him realise that some people here are not half as bad as he seems to believe.
I understand some of his little complaints and I have no issue with him. I only believe that he is the kind of person who likes to analise everything in-depth.
I don't find him obnoxious.

And thanks for the warning. I'm not a moderator here, so when I see bad behaviour, sometimes I will call those people out but I can't issue any warning or ban people.
----
16.08.2014 - 22:34
psykometal
A staff guy...
You're more than welcome to hit that little Report to mods button at the top of the thread though.
----

16.08.2014 - 23:16
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Orangutoad on 15.08.2014 at 23:36

It's sacrilege. I hope they all die in a fire.

Stuck up as you are, you might've misunderstood me. My words about you being stupid referred to the fragment I'm re-quoting for your convenience.

Take a chill pill, kid.
16.08.2014 - 23:19
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.08.2014 at 20:06

My thoughts exactly.
16.08.2014 - 23:21
moonflash

Cool song.
----
[http://atthematinee.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/voyagedans.jpg]
16.08.2014 - 23:22
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by psykometal on 16.08.2014 at 19:24

(eagerly awaiting Daniel's response )

This guy is so disarmingly over-the-top and pretentious that, no matter how hard I try, I can't take him seriously, and, hence, can't be offended by him
16.08.2014 - 23:49
Lord_Regnier

Written by Daniell on 16.08.2014 at 23:22

This guy is so disarmingly over-the-top and pretentious that, no matter how hard I try, I can't take him seriously, and, hence, can't be offended by him

I find it hard to take someone who describes himself as "low-life douche" seriously, indeed.

Also, he mentioned that for him, "Metal is a religion". I've always found this kind of mentality hilarious. Metal is only music, nothing more nothing less.
----
17.08.2014 - 00:07
Milan

Written by Lord_Regnier on 16.08.2014 at 23:49

Also, he mentioned that for him, "Metal is a religion". I've alaways found this kind of mentality hilarious. Metal is only music, nothing more nothing less.

Pretty much this. Being incredibly passionate about something is nice and all but don't turn it into something it isn't.
17.08.2014 - 00:38
Darkside Momo
Retired

I beg to differ. It's not bad, no problem, but good? Come on... Alt pop-rock can sound and be better than that
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
17.08.2014 - 15:20
s_t_s

Written by Darkside Momo on 17.08.2014 at 00:38

I beg to differ. It's not bad, no problem, but good? Come on... Alt pop-rock can sound and be better than that

Agreed, it's not bad, yet not good either By the way Rusted Nail is a grower even tho it's reeeeeeeeeeeally soft ! I hope some songs are faster than that or it's going to make me feel like sleeping all day long

By the way, Through Oblivion leaked weeks ago ! I hope the rest of the album will leak as well
18.08.2014 - 10:02
Rot Teufel

They want to change, they're free to do this, but i would like to have the same quality that they use to play in past. If they were able to put a great effort in the past, why not put the same now? That's the point, not whining about why they left the old way....

Example: bring Damnation, the first prog rock album of Opeth. It's a great album with personality. And it sounds like Opeth.
Now bring Heritage: it's a boring album that tires to be a mere copy/paste to great 70s prog rock bands. At this point if i want to listen some good prog rock, why not listen King Crimson, Genesis and Floyd. There's no Opeth sound in Heritage, just a boring copy/paste....

You right, song itself is not bad, but neither good. They to their work sufficiently for a 6 (or a "C"). It became lame for the horrible Anders clean sing... my god, it's awful...
----
Destroy all dreams, illusion damned in fire... A hellish need for power, it's my dark desire...
25.08.2014 - 00:40
cenobiter

The thing is, In Flames has the following due to their strong roots. Evolving means losing the fans they had since the beginning, but they also get new ones. The old fans may feel betrayed in the process because the sound that made them fans in the first place is gone. Personally, I hate the new In Flames. Everything after Clayman I tend to ignore. It's another band.
26.08.2014 - 00:21
Windir

Through oblivion? ...forgotten.
28.08.2014 - 22:48
FR1DAY

It's like A Perfect Circle with bad vocals.

Hits total: 4160 | This month: 12