Metal Storm logo
Katatonia - Announce 4-Disc CD/DVD Set

Katatonia announce the release of a special 4-disc set, Last Fair Day Gone Night, which was recorded at London's Koko and features full audio, footage plus extensive band documentary. The band's performance was captured on DVD with accompanying double audio disc of the whole concert. Peaceville Records will release it on the 15th of September 2014. Fans can get a taster of the two DVDs on the trailer below.

The release includes a full and extensive (136 minutes) documentary charting the early days of the prolific Swedes, as told in the words of band masterminds Jonas Renkse and Anders Nyström.

Recorded during a series of special celebratory shows to mark the band's 20th anniversary during 2011's Last Fair Day Gone Night tour, founding members Anders Nyström and Jonas Renkse are joined by drummer Daniel Liljekvist, plus guitarist Per Eriksson and bassist Niklas Sandin. It also includes a special 10th anniversary performance of the landmark 2001 album Last Fair Deal Gone Down in its entirety. Sleeve artwork comes courtesy of long-time collaborator Travis Smith.

This edition of Last Fair Day Gone Night is presented in deluxe mediabook packaging, including an additional 20 page booklet.

Pre-order at this location or here.

Tracklist:

Disc I:
01. Dispossession
02. Chrome
03. We Must Bury You
04. Teargas
05. I Transpire
06. Tonight's Music
07. Clean Today
08. The Future Of Speech
09. Passing Bird
10. Sweet Nurse
11. Don't Tell A Soul

Disc II:
01. Brave
02. Nephilim
03. My Twin
04. I Break
05. Right Into The Bliss
06. The Promise Of Deceit
07. Wait Outside
08. The Longest Year
09. July
10. New Night
11. Dissolving Bonds
12. Forsaker

DVD I
Last Fair Day Gone Night Concert Film
DVD II
A 20th Year Flashback Documentary

Source: peaceville.com
Band profile: Katatonia
Posted: 16.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 56 users
17.08.2014 - 00:22
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
Looks awesome, can't wait to receive my copy
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
17.08.2014 - 08:13
♱ RaVeN ♱

If it wasn't for the nice artwork and maybe the documentary, this wouldn't be worth buying. Nothing new from katatonia anymore. This band lives in its own shadow today.
17.08.2014 - 19:54
Opethian

Can you get anymore creative by using random album titles ? ... I'll probably pass. These guys are just Milking it dude
20.08.2014 - 18:15
God Alone

What's wrong with the title? They were celebrating the 10th anniversary of Last Fair Deal Gone Down and the last album released at the time of the recording (2011... it's been a while) was Night Is The New Day, so... it's just a funny way to mash them up.
The album is pretty good but nothing extraordinary; then again, Katatonia have never been a band for live performances.

Hits total: 2112 | This month: 3