Metal Storm logo
Ne Obliviscaris - Reveal Artwork And More About New Album

Progressive metal outfit Ne Obliviscaris have announced that their upcoming album will be entitled Citadel. The release date is set for the 7th of November (US) through Season Of Mist. The artwork is made by the band's growler Marc "Xenoyr" Campbell, and can be seen below.

Ne Obliviscaris also states: "'Citadel is everything we ever envisioned this band could one day become."

Who's excited?

Ne Obliviscaris released their debut Portal Of I in 2012, which is featured as #1 on the Top 20 albums of 2012 at Metal Storm.

[Thanks to qlacs for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ne Obliviscaris
Posted: 18.08.2014 by Fallen Ghost

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 50   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 205 users
19.08.2014 - 01:46
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Man, what a discussion!

I personally am SUPER excited with this, Portal Of I is in my ears a perfect album, and I can't even imagine what they are going to do in this album. Only thing I can imagine that can be improved is the production. Also reading "'Citadel is everything we ever envisioned this band could one day become", hypes me even more. About the cover art, I don't see why people find it so awful. It reminds a lot of the artwork from Portal Of I IMO, but else I find it very cool; it's mystic, you don't know what to expect. Man, if Citadel is better than Portal Of I, my mind is going to explode.

Could someone please explain to me what you're meaning with "plastic"? I don't get it. At all
19.08.2014 - 03:50
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by K✞ulu on 18.08.2014 at 18:35

I love reading how the MS elite are bashing an extremely popular new band. That's so you, guys!

It's better to just embrace it, since it will never change.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
19.08.2014 - 03:52
Ilham
Giant robot
Deadone syndrome spreading fast.
19.08.2014 - 05:51
bitethepain

Can't wait to hear this album. Portal of I was one of my favorite albums of the last few years. Excited to see what this extremely talented band has up its sleeve.
19.08.2014 - 08:15
Dinruth

Finally excited for an album this year! really looking forward to this!
19.08.2014 - 10:01
whatsacow

Written by Guest on 18.08.2014 at 20:00

Written by whatsacow on 18.08.2014 at 19:44

Maybe it's because they don't have terrible production and more than 3 people have heard of them?

Yeah, I don't respond to these kind of arguments. You think you're making a point, but you aren't.

Wow. You take things so seriously :p It was more a joke at the expense of the music you're known to listen to than a barbed stab about you disliking a band that I enjoy. But, I guess since tone isn't something that's easy to convey in text I guess butthurt will continue to be inevitable.

I like the band, but I understand the detractors. It's overly busy and has moments that feel incredibly forced. I do enjoy how warm the production is, however, and I adore the classical elements at work here, and since Opeth's last two albums were fucking garbage and Enslaved's Riitiir wasn't offering anything as memorable as they usually do, I kind of latched onto them a bit harder than I would have at another time.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
19.08.2014 - 12:35
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by whatsacow on 19.08.2014 at 10:01

Wow. You take things so seriously :p It was more a joke at the expense of the music you're known to listen to than a barbed stab about you disliking a band that I enjoy. But, I guess since tone isn't something that's easy to convey in text I guess butthurt will continue to be inevitable.

I like the band, but I understand the detractors. It's overly busy and has moments that feel incredibly forced. I do enjoy how warm the production is, however, and I adore the classical elements at work here, and since Opeth's last two albums were fucking garbage and Enslaved's Riitiir wasn't offering anything as memorable as they usually do, I kind of latched onto them a bit harder than I would have at another time.

At fair enough then. I'll blame the hostile environment this took place in
19.08.2014 - 13:18
Dinruth

Written by Guest on 19.08.2014 at 12:35

Written by whatsacow on 19.08.2014 at 10:01

At fair enough then. I'll blame the hostile environment this took place in

yay Internet!
19.08.2014 - 15:32
RolandsSh

I really enjoyed the Portal Of I (Forget Not was my favorite from the album), so I have quite high expectations for Citadel. I don't really like the artwork though, but I can see why they chose to keep the same style as on their debut.
19.08.2014 - 19:59
Hazelnut Nero

Written by Guest on 19.08.2014 at 02:54

Written by Hazelnut Nero on 18.08.2014 at 20:37

Awww so many graphic designers over here !! Glad this world is full of talented people .

A person not being 'allowed' to complain about something because they can't do a better job is quite the logical fallacy.

Written by Guest on 19.08.2014 at 01:03

You forgot to complain about all the people talking negatively about the band. Stop doing metal storm wrong.

lel

i have thousands of things i kind of hate or dislike in so many bands but i don't have the urge to post negativity all over the net . By the way the band is trully gifted but this is just my opinion . In simple words if you like something - support it / if you don't just ignore it . Trying to judge everything around you in a negative way is just pathetic .
19.08.2014 - 20:09
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Hazelnut Nero on 19.08.2014 at 19:59

i have thousands of things i kind of hate or dislike in so many bands but i don't have the urge to post negativity all over the net . By the way the band is trully gifted but this is just my opinion . In simple words if you like something - support it / if you don't just ignore it . Trying to judge everything around you in a negative way is just pathetic .

So you think only positive reviews and comments on music, films, games etc. should be allowed then? How are people supposed to learn, improve and grow then? Sounds like you want a fantasy la la land to me. People have the right to voice their displeasure. It's arrogant to suggest people don't have the right to do that.

If you don't like the negative comments then feel free to ignore them instead of trying to make people think your way is the only way.
19.08.2014 - 20:34
Hazelnut Nero

I think you are taking this thing wayyyyy too seriously man . You are free to say everything you like and stay angry al the time while i ride my horse on my la la la la land . Stay positive / that will help / have a nice day .
19.08.2014 - 20:41
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Hey, I'm not the one getting bent out of shape over people's opinions of music
21.08.2014 - 18:45
IronArkadius666

Can I just ask, passively mind you, if there are any staff members who do like NO?
21.08.2014 - 18:49
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by IronArkadius666 on 21.08.2014 at 18:45

Can I just ask, passively mind you, if there are any staff members who do like NO?

I only see two staff members commenting here. Troy and R'Vannith
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.08.2014 - 20:34
IronArkadius666

Quote:

And !J.O.O.E.!, but I know what you mean. It just seems to me that when one staff member dislikes a band, most of them do. I'm sure that this isn't really the case and I just wanted proof on it.
What do you think of them Marcel?
21.08.2014 - 20:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Quote:
Written by IronArkadius666 on 21.08.2014 at 20:34

And !J.O.O.E.!, but I know what you mean. It just seems to me that when one staff member dislikes a band, most of them do. I'm sure that this isn't really the case and I just wanted proof on it.
What do you think of them Marcel?

Joe is a regular user. Not staff.

NO is okay but nothing great. Immensely ove33rrated imo, but then again it is not the sort of music I normally like anyway.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.08.2014 - 22:00
Erik M.

Written by Guest on 19.08.2014 at 02:54

A person not being 'allowed' to complain about something because they can't do a better job is quite the logical fallacy.

Exactly. What I always say as well. I hate it when you criticize a movie or music (for example) and then some people say "you can't do a better job".

If people could only complain about things they can do better themselves, then people can complain about next to nothing at all.
22.08.2014 - 11:19
IronArkadius666

Quote:
Joe is a regular user. Not staff.

NO is okay but nothing great. Immensely ove33rrated imo, but then again it is not the sort of music I normally like anyway.

Oh, whoops, thought he was staff for some reason.
29.08.2014 - 07:45
Zadion

I have no idea what people are complaining about; I think the cover is awesome.

Hits total: 3700 | This month: 11