Metal Storm logo
Ne Obliviscaris - Reveal Artwork And More About New Album

Progressive metal outfit Ne Obliviscaris have announced that their upcoming album will be entitled Citadel. The release date is set for the 7th of November (US) through Season Of Mist. The artwork is made by the band's growler Marc "Xenoyr" Campbell, and can be seen below.

Ne Obliviscaris also states: "'Citadel is everything we ever envisioned this band could one day become."

Who's excited?

Ne Obliviscaris released their debut Portal Of I in 2012, which is featured as #1 on the Top 20 albums of 2012 at Metal Storm.

[Thanks to qlacs for sending in this news!]

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ne Obliviscaris
Posted: 18.08.2014 by Fallen Ghost

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 50   [ 3 ignored ]   Visited by: 205 users
18.08.2014 - 18:16
Wukk

Cover is awful, but I'm still hyped.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
18.08.2014 - 18:25
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
As plastic as the band's sound. Very fitting.

----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
18.08.2014 - 18:26
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.08.2014 at 18:25

Plastic really is the best word to describe their music.
18.08.2014 - 18:30
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Not a bad cover since the vocalist probably doesn't have a lot of experience and just wanted to save some money. Still not a very appealing piece of art and the music likely won't be much different.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.08.2014 - 18:35
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I love reading how the MS elite are bashing an extremely popular new band. That's so you, guys!
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
18.08.2014 - 18:40
Milan

I really want to love these guys as their sound should be right up my alley. I haven't listened to their previous album since the year it came out though, I guess that says something. I can understand what they're going for but the execution is unfortunately less interesting than the idea. I'm hoping this'll be a step up, lame cover art be damned.
18.08.2014 - 18:43
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by K✞ulu on 18.08.2014 at 18:35

I love reading how the MS elite are bashing an extremely popular new band. That's so you, guys!

Nothing new about these guys. People have been overrating them since their demo in 2007 even back then I thought they were mediocre.
18.08.2014 - 18:48
Alondate

It is so cool to criticize high rated albums yeahh
18.08.2014 - 18:54
chronic-headache

Woke up
checked MS
I new update
new NO album & artwork
screams like a girl in excitement
gets coffee

great news, but really, you guys are as bad as the Metal Archives crowd. I see nothing wrong with the album art. It's different but keeps a a similarity in pattern and style from their first album. and wtf about the sound being "plastic"
seriously guys

this is excited...most likely one of my top 10 AOTY
18.08.2014 - 18:57
Ilham
Giant robot
Lol. I don't know these guys.
18.08.2014 - 18:59
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Ilham on 18.08.2014 at 18:57

Lol. I don't know these guys.

You're not missing out on anything
18.08.2014 - 18:59
Lord_Agony

People have been overrating them since their demo in 2007

The buzz at their debut was absurd
but if everybody listens to it wonders what makes it so special
then where did the buzz actually come from?
18.08.2014 - 19:00
R'Vannith
ghedengi
Written by Milan on 18.08.2014 at 18:40

I really want to love these guys as their sound should be right up my alley. I haven't listened to their previous album since the year it came out though, I guess that says something. I can understand what they're going for but the execution is unfortunately less interesting than the idea. I'm hoping this'll be a step up, lame cover art be damned.

I'm in the same boat there, there's something about their sound that I find very interesting, but at the same time it seems to be convoluted. Not poorly executed, per se, but it's as if they try to accumulate too many ideas at once, and the delivery just comes across as overly complicated.
18.08.2014 - 19:02
Zap
Written by Guest on 18.08.2014 at 18:43

Nothing new about these guys. People have been overrating them since their demo in 2007 even back then I thought they were mediocre.

I wouldn't say they're plastic, but I do think they're overrated. The cover is horrible though, but Troy brought up a good point about that. Heck, if I had a band I'd wanna save money too and probably just put a picture of my balls as the album cover.
18.08.2014 - 19:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
For me it's both. Cobbled together ideas and song writing, along with unpleasant sound and production. I think if they just relaxed a bit and made something more organic I could get on board with them.
18.08.2014 - 19:03
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Alex F on 18.08.2014 at 18:59
You're not missing out on anything

I have the impression I can take your word for it.
18.08.2014 - 19:06
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Zap on 18.08.2014 at 19:02

I wouldn't say they're plastic, but I do think they're overrated. The cover is horrible though, but Troy brought up a good point about that. Heck, if I had a band I'd wanna save money too and probably just put a picture of my balls as the album cover.

Well didn't these guys just get way over their requested amount on their crowdfunding thing for their tour? You'd think they could have used some of that to get in a really good artist and make something memorable. Sure fans wouldn't have minded that.
18.08.2014 - 19:07
Zap
Written by Guest on 18.08.2014 at 19:06

Well didn't these guys just get way over their requested amount on their crowdfunding thing for their tour? You'd think they could have used some of that to get in a really good artist and make something memorable. Sure fans wouldn't have minded that.

I wasn't aware of that. Good point.
18.08.2014 - 19:13
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Lord_Agony on 18.08.2014 at 18:59

The buzz at their debut was absurd
but if everybody listens to it wonders what makes it so special
then where did the buzz actually come from?

I assume that quote was meant for me. They acquired over a dozen positive reviews for their demo on MA within a year. For a demo. That's practically unheard of for a new, modern day demo. I remember listening to it back then and just not seeing what everyone was going so crazy over. It was an average to decent demo but the hype was lost on me.
18.08.2014 - 19:14
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by X-Ray Rod on 18.08.2014 at 18:25

Sure, they are overrated but from the other hand they are not bad at all. Just nothing special (IMO). On MS there are many people that enjoy that kind* of metal. I realized that when I saw very high rating for new Fallujah album (now it is not that high though). Another example is band 'Feared'. Really average for me but it is also quite praised here (not that popular like Ne Obliviscaris of course but with high ratings).

*straightforward aggressive metal with loud and clear production
18.08.2014 - 19:44
whatsacow

Written by Guest on 18.08.2014 at 18:43

No they're nothing new, but they aren't bad. They make decent music, and I don't know where the plastic element comes from. Maybe it's because they don't have terrible production and more than 3 people have heard of them?
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
18.08.2014 - 20:00
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by whatsacow on 18.08.2014 at 19:44

Maybe it's because they don't have terrible production and more than 3 people have heard of them?

Yeah, I don't respond to these kind of arguments. You think you're making a point, but you aren't.
18.08.2014 - 20:37
Hazelnut Nero

Awww so many graphic designers over here !! Glad this world is full of talented people .
18.08.2014 - 20:45
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
This is one of the most passive-aggressive threads I've come across in a while. Are you all really so offended that some people have a different opinion than your own?

In all honesty the artwork is probably better than what a lot of people here could come up with. That doesn't negate their right to comment on the quality of it. The same applies to the music.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.08.2014 - 20:48
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Hazelnut Nero on 18.08.2014 at 20:37

Awww so many graphic designers over here !! Glad this world is full of talented people .

You don't have to be a graphic designer to be able to express an opinion on some cover art. Moreover, I am a graphic designer and even that doesn't make my opinion more valid that anyone else's.
18.08.2014 - 20:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Music critics, art critics, film critics, food critics and so on are typically not artists in the field they critique.
18.08.2014 - 21:04
OtherDoor

Never heard or read anything about the demo, but their last album was pretty damn amazing. People have different tastes and NO just happens to appeal to a large part of metal community. To me, it is pretty easy to see why and I don't need to read reviews or loads of hype comments for that. These guys created something pretty unique and I hope this album is gonna be even better. The art is fine, nothing special, but it might go with the theme well.
18.08.2014 - 21:42
Vombatus
Potorro
It's quite crazy to see all the attention this band got starting from an unsigned demo, like many other bands do. I also heard of them first thanks to MA with that big amount of fanboy reviews, but I don't see any reason that would make them deserve more attention than any of the other thousands of bands that start from the bottom.
Luck probably had a role, as well as playing some sort of extreme modern plastic metal that pleases lots of the mainstream metal fans, but all the shitstorm between fanboys and haters did help them a lot me thinks...
19.08.2014 - 01:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 19.08.2014 at 00:58

As a massive fan of the band

You forgot to complain about all the people talking negatively about the band. Stop doing metal storm wrong.
19.08.2014 - 01:19
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
This is fun to read. Keep going guys. =)

For those of you who care a lot about Karlabos' opinion on this album and are wholeheartedly waiting for his verdict, based on what I heard on the first album I think that this can either be awesome or a total crap.
The first album was intriguing. We could see that the musicians are talented and the idea was quite interesting, however for a lot of times it sounded like I was listening to an interlude instead of a song, you know, when you keep waiting for something to happen but it just... doesn't? And a 10 minute long interlude isn't exactly pleasing to hear.

If they could fix that issue then this would be great, maybe on the same level of Enslaved's last, maybe even more.
Or... They could aim to become even more interludish, making they sound like Aquilus, and then I'd lose all interest on it
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei

Hits total: 3686 | This month: 13