Metal Storm logo
Melechesh - Update On New Album

Melechesh have recently updated on their new album. The band is currently in Athens, Greece recording their 6th full-length album tentatively entitled Enki to be released worldwide via Nuclear Blast. The release date is yet to be confirmed at this point. The black metallers will spend the next six weeks in Athens recording the new album. They also took the opportunity to clarify some things about their line-up.

Commented band leader Ashmedi: "Again we chose to record in a Mediterranean area to capture the Melechesh essence. We have many good friends here and have toured with some Greek bands over the years and everyone here is being very helpful to this work. In keeping with our tradition all songs are diverse and tell different stories both lyrically and musically, from the black thrash to the ritualistic tribal tunes to the more in your face rocking and neck breaking songs. Last couple of years where extremely challenging for me and this rubbed on the album for the better, abstract moods such as post-enlightenment depth, sonic magick, anger and retribution. Metaphorically speaking, it is a Sumerian sonic deluge to cleanse us from drones, parasites and insects interpret that as you see fit."

The recording (with the exception of the drums), mixing and mastering are currently taking place at Grindhouse Studio Athens, under the supervision of producer and engineer George Bokos. The drum sessions were recorded at Devasound Studio, engineered by Fotis Benardo.

The band also revealed some song titles:

• "Enlil Enraged"
  • "Metatron And Man"
  • "Multiple Truths And The Mechanics Of Religion"
  • "Tempest Temper"
  • "The Palm, The Eye And Lapis Lazuli"

Long time friend and guitarist Moloch will be joining the band in the studio to record some traditional instruments and leads, Moloch also contributed a couple of riffs to the album. The same line up, with the exception of Moloch, will also be the touring line-up. The band's conceptualized Nomadic Soul will play session guitars on tours.

Recording line-up:
    Ashmedi: Vocals, Guitars, Percussions and traditional instrumentation
    Scorpios: Bass Guitars, Backing vocals
    Narsam: Drums
    Moloch: Traditional instruments, Guitar

"Scorpios has been in Melechesh for two and a half years but we never announced him, others were not in the band for a day but were pushing for press announcement for some reason or another, but in reality they were not members, it's behind us now. Moloch is and always will be a part of Melechesh in one way or another. Narsam came in the picture last June and came from Toulouse, France to the rehearsal room in Germany and spent one month rehearsing with us, he finished his sessions last week and he did an great job. As always live we go on with a session Nomadic Soul, whoever is under this veil is one."

Photos courtesy of the band's Facebook page

Source: facebook.com
    Band profile: Melechesh
  • Posted: 18.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 5   Visited by: 69 users
    19.08.2014 - 00:35
    Gothmog_Motsham
    Meow
    19.08.2014 - 00:41
    Ilham
    Giant robot
    ^Love that reaction.
    19.08.2014 - 09:06
    Machiavelli
    Account deleted
    It seems like all the pieces are in place to make a decent record. I rarely listen to black metal so when I do it usually has some crossover elements like Melechesh or black metal vox over some other style of metal like Demonic Death Judge.
    19.08.2014 - 14:03
    X-Ray Rod
    Skandino
    staff
    Aw yessssss great news.
    ----
    Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
    Like you could kiss my ass
    Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
    Rod, let me love you.
    20.08.2014 - 13:10
    @gent_-_orange