Metal Storm logo
Behemoth - Performed Without Makeup At Motocultor Festival

Behemoth is one of many bands who uses their image to boost their live set, but what can you do if your gear is lost in transition? This happened to the band before their performance at Motocultor 2014 in France, but it didn't stop them from performing. They went on stage and did a "completely 'naked' performance," as the band described it.

Click on the fan-filmed video below to see. The Polish band performed without their standard production, including their makeup, outfits and such. With the help from other bands on the bill who lent them some gear, Behemoth did their set.

The band posted on their Facebook page: "This must have been the most intense and draining festival weekend this Summer. Germany-Romania-France within 3 days, hardly any sleep, 15 pieces of luggage lost by KLM... and completely 'naked' performance at Motocultor Festival. It was a tough one but absolutely worth all the effort and stress! We wish to thank everyone who attended these shows and shared their blood and sweat with us!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Behemoth
Posted: 21.08.2014 by Fallen Ghost

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 22   Visited by: 299 users
21.08.2014 - 21:06
WinterMadness

Even without any of their gear and getup they still look more badass than most bands...I wouldn't want to piss Orion off.
21.08.2014 - 21:10
J. N.
Account deleted
I'd prefer seeing them like this instead, at any time.
21.08.2014 - 21:16
andreosokin
SOUNDERY
I'll be waiting for an acoustic concert in Hawaii shirts then
21.08.2014 - 23:59
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Imagine this happens to Ghost, I bet they'd cancel instead.
22.08.2014 - 00:24
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
From what I've seen online Behemoth are really solid live. Although I've never personally seen them, just something I've kinda gathered from youtube videos and such. Can anyone comment on that?
22.08.2014 - 00:24
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by Alex F on 22.08.2014 at 00:24

From what I've seen online Behemoth are really solid live. Although I've never personally seen them, just something I've kinda gathered from youtube videos and such. Can anyone comment on that?

Saw them this summer, really solid!
22.08.2014 - 00:38
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman
Good to see that he number one maxim in entertainment (the show must go on) held true for Behemoth. Good on them. Make up isn't necessary anyway. Looked stupid on KISS and looks stupid on them. Just my opinion. Still, when you are ugly, it can make a difference.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
22.08.2014 - 01:00
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by Ace Frawley on 22.08.2014 at 00:38

Good to see that he number one maxim in entertainment (the show must go on) held true for Behemoth. Good on them. Make up isn't necessary anyway. Looked stupid on KISS and looks stupid on them. Just my opinion. Still, when you are ugly, it can make a difference.

I personally think that makeup sometimes can give this little extra at live shows; if the atmosphere is there as well
22.08.2014 - 02:14
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I've only seen them perform live via Youtube but they always seem to put on a good show. I actually think they look better performing as regular musicians as opposed to a gimmicky black metal band.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
22.08.2014 - 02:21
Ilham
Giant robot
I only saw them live once, at Hellfest, and it was one of the sets I was looking forward to the most. But it was very disappointing, lots of sound problems - not their fault I know - and very windy. But their makeup and armours didn't add anything to the show. I don't really understand why they still bother with that. I don't mind, but it must be super hot under those costumes. It looks uncomfortable and I wouldn't be surprised if it reduced their ability to move around a lot.
22.08.2014 - 02:34
Rupert

Written by Fallen Ghost on 22.08.2014 at 00:24

Saw them this summer, really solid!

Yeah same here, easily the best live show I've seen.
22.08.2014 - 02:53
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by deadone on 22.08.2014 at 02:34

(Yes I did used to go to gigs PF (pre-family).)

Who's doubting you?
22.08.2014 - 03:45
theFIST

I prefer that lighter, sharper guitar tone to the massive bass heavy one they usually have
----
http://metalstormmusicianscorner.bandcamp.com
Written by Warman on 07.11.2007 at 22:39
Haha, that's like saying "compose your own Metal album and upload it here, instead of writing a review of an album". :lol:
22.08.2014 - 06:34
D.T. Metal

Written by Ilham on 22.08.2014 at 02:21

..., but it must be super hot under those costumes. It looks uncomfortable and I wouldn't be surprised if it reduced their ability to move around a lot.

actually no. The stage stuff they are wearing is very light and thin. I might look bulky, but it really isn't.
22.08.2014 - 08:03
Reverend X

They're always awesome with or without makeup. Set still look menacing.
22.08.2014 - 09:34
BlueMobius
Account deleted
Written by D.T. Metal on 22.08.2014 at 06:34

Written by Ilham on 22.08.2014 at 02:21

..., but it must be super hot under those costumes. It looks uncomfortable and I wouldn't be surprised if it reduced their ability to move around a lot.

actually no. The stage stuff they are wearing is very light and thin. I might look bulky, but it really isn't.

Not to mention venues, at least the dozen or so I've been to, are just usually hot in general no matter what you are wearing.
22.08.2014 - 11:20
Scathach666

Written by Unhealer on 21.08.2014 at 23:59

Imagine this happens to Ghost, I bet they'd cancel instead.

hahaha for sure
22.08.2014 - 12:59
raveneffect

Saw them Live 2 weeks ago (Vagos Open Air, Review on the making) and I have to say Nergal's voice is kind of weak latelly. Still, they managed to put out a really solid perfomance and it was one of the best shows on that day.
22.08.2014 - 13:05
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

Saw them at Bloodstock a few years ago when they headlined. I had no real interest in the band (and still don't outside one album) but they really impressed me. Great sound, performance, theatrics etc. for an outdoor main stage show. The fact it was late evening probably helped too.
22.08.2014 - 21:04
Vombatus
Potorro
Not too keen on their music nowadays, but I always found them quite massive and grabbing live.

I like them without all the costumes & shit. Plus they followed Fenriz's advice to become a cool band:

22.08.2014 - 21:41
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Written by Guest on 22.08.2014 at 13:05
The fact it was late evening probably helped too.

Lucky you, I saw them in daylight, it was awesome but I'm sure it would be even cooler to see them at nighttime
23.08.2014 - 16:15
infernaldeath87

This is one of the bands I want to see live before I die! I guess you could say they're one of those "bucket list" type bands for me! They even came to Texas(the state I live in) but I wasn't able to make the 6 hour drive to Dallas! One day though! One day!
By the way, it seems like there's more of a connection with the crowd on a more personal level without their makeup. I love how it gives a totally different edge to their already powerful stage presence!

Hits total: 5343 | This month: 4