Metal Storm logo
Ahab - Working On New Album, Re-Sign To Napalm Records

Being in a funeral doom metal band does not mean you can't have a sense of humor. Indeed, that's one of the messages the German horde Ahab showed through a comical set of photos via their Facebook page, and as the band has put it: "As music business is a dirty business find here an 'educational' comic how to better NOT sign a record deal." Not only that but they have also officially announced their contract renewal with Napalm Records.

Not much is known about their new album yet, but a new deal usually means a new album is coming. Recently, Ahab confirmed via Twitter that they are recording the first demos for the next album.

Max Riedler (The Captain of Napalm): "Thank you Ahab! I'm happy to be roadie for such an innovative band. I'm looking forward to navigate the seven seas with you on our Napalm cutter!"

Sebastian Münch (Steersman and A&R Manager): "We feel absolutely happy, proud and extremely doomed to announce, Ahab have renewed their partnership with Napalm Records! Ahab is arguably one of the most unique and original bands within the Napalm band roster! Everytime I listen to Ahab I feel I am getting sucked into the depth of an endless stormy ocean.... and I have to admit I quite enjoy that feeling!"

Photos: Evelyn Steinweg Photographie
Comic: Christian Hector/Ahab

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ahab
Posted: 23.08.2014 by Gothmog_Motsham

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   Visited by: 116 users
23.08.2014 - 14:46
Draugen

The last album was a bit of a let down for me so I'm not getting my hopes up too much.
23.08.2014 - 14:51
Ilham
Giant robot
Skilled negotiators.

Cute way to announce the news anyway.
23.08.2014 - 15:30
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Draugen on 23.08.2014 at 14:46

The last album was a bit of a let down for me so I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

My feelings exactly
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
23.08.2014 - 15:45
qlacs
"The Quaker"
Max Payne all over it lol
----
23.08.2014 - 18:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
I haven't listened to The Giant in so long, but I do remember being really underwhelmed by it. I'll listen to it again soon just to be sure but I'm hoping they capture the atmosphere of their debut regardless of the direction they take.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.08.2014 - 18:47
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
I'm not sure if they are able to do something as good as The Call Of The Wretched Sea again.
23.08.2014 - 19:23
Unhealer
Eclecticist
The Giant is my favorite, hope they continue that path. Parts III and IV of the comic are the best
23.08.2014 - 19:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Norz is a fucking rockstar.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.08.2014 - 19:55
@gent_-_orange

I don't know if I'm excited for this, the band needs to go back to the dark and massive sound o their first album I think.
23.08.2014 - 20:08
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Probably one of the few people that found The Giant quite enjoyable. I'm also one of the few people that finds the debut a tad overrated though, so that could be why.
23.08.2014 - 21:36
Paz

TCotWS is my fave extreme doom record ever released. Also The Giant was fairly decent, so I'm stoked for this.
24.08.2014 - 00:21
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 23.08.2014 at 20:08

Probably one of the few people that found The Giant quite enjoyable. I'm also one of the few people that finds the debut a tad overrated though, so that could be why.

Hipster.
24.08.2014 - 00:25
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 24.08.2014 at 00:21

Hipster.

That's Hipster Joe to you.
24.08.2014 - 01:39
Opethian

Written by Draugen on 23.08.2014 at 14:46

Going from Divinity of Oceans (which is a Masterpiece) to The Giant was a big letdown. I have some high hopes
12.05.2015 - 21:07
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
June 6th a listening session in Stuttgart. Wonder what this one will be like.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.05.2015 - 18:34
Paz

^ Lucky bastard. Feel free to share your impressions with us

Here's a sketch of the cover (again created by Sebastian Jerke) - I like it. Definitely better than The Giant' one.

Hits total: 3114 | This month: 3