06. Fullmoon
07. Letter To Dana
08. UnOpened
09. Picturing The Past
10. Destruction Preventer
11. I'm Haunted [Japanese bonus]
12. I Can't Dance [Genesis cover] [bonus]

Additional info
Re-recorded version of the 1999's album Ecliptica with the current line-up.

Comments

Comments: 24   Visited by: 459 users
23.08.2014 - 15:39
Rating: 7
SexyCat_1113

Tony's vocal can complete it now???
24.10.2014 - 04:03
ScnD361

Basically is Ecliptica in a low tone, without the magic and power... boring!, much better is the 1999's Ecliptica
24.10.2014 - 09:17
andreosokin
SOUNDERY
I also noticed a lower tone And the drum sound is awful
24.10.2014 - 16:50
moe5512

Hmm.. The songs are obviously good but as said before, crappy drum sound andthe production is overall weak. Stick with the original
24.10.2014 - 17:35
Darkside Momo
Retired
Now that's a crappy re-recording... No magic at all, lame sound, and Kakko just can't keep with what he did before. Lame.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
26.10.2014 - 03:56
Rating: 5
Uller

Listened to the sample... the old one was a classic, the new one sounds like its trying too hard, a good song doesn't need tons of studio retouches.

Ohh by the gods... what have they done to replica!?
----
31.10.2014 - 18:36
Rating: 8
Warman
Erotic Stains
This one's tough for me to rate. It's re-recorded versions of a bunch of classic power metal songs, and it's not that different from the original. It was maybe two years ago since I listened to the original in full and when I heard this I stopped several times and thought: "oh, this is so fucking good". Just to realise that I could be listening to the original instead, which is even better. One of the best the genre has to offer.

So yeah, it's "Ecliptica". Just not as good as "Ecliptica".

They should have released a live album with all the songs performed instead.
----
02.11.2014 - 18:44
Rating: 9
SteTech

The intro to the new Destruction Preventer reminds me of Psycho Mantis' theme from Metal Gear Solid =S The whole song sounds a lot darker, the original sounded too happy, despite the lyrical themes
07.11.2014 - 17:37
Wukk

Finally gave this a listen and the quality differs from song to song. Of course, a lot of it is played in a lower key so that Tony can sing it, which is quite sad and makes me wish I was listening to the original. And the drum sound is noticeably awful. But Destruction Preventer, while being one of the most changed songs, still packs something of the same power of the original (mainly at the end) and 8th Commandment is amazing on this.

If you trawl the internet, you'll find that they finally recorded a song from their old demos as a bonus track and they did a great job of it in my opinion. Not the Genesis cover, that's Stones Grow Her Name territory.
----
If you're 666 then I'm 777
http://www.last.fm/user/Joodicator
16.11.2014 - 01:30
Kais

Am I the only one who enjoyed this more than the debut Ecliptica?
19.11.2014 - 20:24
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Kais on 16.11.2014 at 01:30

Am I the only one who enjoyed this more than the debut Ecliptica?

Am I the only one who thinks Ecliptica is their only weak album?

Honestly, it baffles me. You have absolute masterpieces like Reckoning Night, Unia, and SIlence... and ECLIPTICA is the one fans consider the classic? The songwriting on Ecliptica is nowhere even near the level of their other works, it just sounds like a very generic power metal album.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
20.11.2014 - 03:10
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 19.11.2014 at 20:24

You very well may be.

Seriously though, Ecliptica and Silence both have an 8.7 rating on MS so they would be the "classics", followed by Winterheart's Guild and then Reckoning Night. I don't have a problem with that Top 4.

Also, while it's not my favourite, Ecliptica is hardly "generic". I'd like to hear some other albums that sound like it.
20.11.2014 - 05:41
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Azarath on 20.11.2014 at 03:10

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 19.11.2014 at 20:24

You very well may be.

Seriously though, Ecliptica and Silence both have an 8.7 rating on MS so they would be the "classics", followed by Winterheart's Guild and then Reckoning Night. I don't have a problem with that Top 4.

Also, while it's not my favourite, Ecliptica is hardly "generic". I'd like to hear some other albums that sound like it.

The melodies just sound really generic to me. Ecliptica sounds like a less interesting Stratovarius album. Tony has essentially said as much.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
20.11.2014 - 22:51
Rating: 1
BORT

I wish I had known what I was buying
I miss the keyboards from the original album.
My mistake, this was awful!!!
16.12.2014 - 14:10
Hasekura

It's wonderful.
21.12.2014 - 01:27
Olives

Just wondering, what happened to Tony's voice? how come he cannot sing in the same tone? just the age factor?
26.01.2015 - 02:43
Written by Olives on 21.12.2014 at 01:27

Just wondering, what happened to Tony's voice? how come he cannot sing in the same tone? just the age factor?

No the original was pitched higher. This way it is more natural.
20.03.2015 - 17:51
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Oh God, this is gross!

I know that bands make thing like this keep the rights of their songs or some shit like that but oh my, this is awful, and that comes from a former HUGE fan of the band. Even if I stopped listening to power metal on a regular basis a long time ago, I can say that Sonata have been always in my radar and I consider Ecliptica a gem of the genre; also, I use to like some re-recordings like Testament's "First Strike Still Deadly" or "Let There Be Blood", both albums have something more to add to the songs, call it freshness, speed, brutality, I don't know; this album sucked all the energy that the original had and left it like an empty carcass.

If you ask me, the cover artwork is quite accurate, because that's how the album sounds compared to the original one.
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
27.05.2015 - 03:20
Rating: 8
DragonSavior X10

Went in expecting shit. Came out pleasantly surprised. The problem with most rerecording albums is that the band usually plays the exact same song just downtuned, and sometimes that comes out sounding heavy, but it's not that interesting. This album (while still downtuned), feels fresh, at least fresher than most rerecorded albums. There's definitely a few changes in appropriate spots. My main gripe is that the keyboard solos are a little quiet and the guitar could be mixed better. That being said, I'm happy that I got this album.
12.01.2018 - 13:39
tominator
At best deranged
I still don't understand why they felt the need to "revisit" Ecliptica. The production they did on this, doesn't even come close to how good it was on the original release. Also some of the vocal deliveries are not as good as on the original version imo.
29.07.2018 - 22:23
Stunning Cactus

I found this delightful and can't for the life of my understand the hate.
18.12.2018 - 04:28
Rating: 6
BlankFile

There was no need at all to remake this epic CD. Honestly, i never really understood this relaunch.
10.05.2020 - 21:07
ickoriss

The most pointless re-recorded album ever. As other's have stated, no magic, no luster, no nothing. Why did they do this?
26.06.2020 - 18:24
Metal Rasputin

Pointless rehash, weak production. The original was just fine, I'll take it any day over this cash grab.

These re-recorded albums are the plague of music business. Instead of having artists and labels trying to make already killer albums "better" it would be much more interesting if they focused on making their crappier stuff sound more appealing. That would actually make some sense.
----
You've got a lot of guts. Let's see what they look like!

Hits total: 9368 | This month: 46