Metal Storm logo
Midnight Odyssey - Announce New Double Album For Next Year

Dis Pater, the mastermind behind Australian atmospheric black metal outfit Midnight Odyssey, has revealed that the band will release a new album next year. Shards Of Silver Fade will be Midnight Odyssey's new double album scheduled for a 2015 release via I, Voidhanger Records.

He said: "Tonight, I have some news to tease you all. Next year shall see the release of the new Midnight Odyssey double album through I, Voidhanger Records. The album will be called Shards Of Silver Fade and features 8 tracks totalling over 2 hours and 20 minutes worth of music. The music is almost complete, and I will begin artwork very shortly.

"I can say that each song has taken an immense amount of time and energy, so much that I have been left with little to no desire to even listen to music over the last 12 months or so. It combines elements of all my previous releases, from all my previous projects, a true convergence of styles and musicality. If this were the last Midnight Odyssey release, I would be very proud for it to be so. Over the coming months, a few tracks will be posted online for your listening (dis)pleasure. Dark regards."

Shards Of Silver Fade tracklist:

Disc 1
01. From A Frozen Wasteland
02. Hunter Of The Celestial Sea
03. Son Of Phoebus
04. A Ghost In Gleaming Stars

Disc 2
01. Asleep Is The Fire
02. Starlight Oblivion
03. Darker Skies Once Radiant
04. Shards Of Silver Fade

The label describes the new album: "The funeral doom grandeur of Tempestuous Fall and the dark-wave vibe of The Crevices Below - Dis Pater's past projects - have been successfully injected into Midnight Odyssey's cosmic black metal body, redoubling the emotional intensity and dark majesty of its melodies. The result is nothing short of an epic masterpiece, a visionary night voyage of approximately 2 hours and 23 minutes connecting our ancient pagan past with the apocalyptic feelings of a cosmic death."

"It is exactly like finding a place in the universe, being given a spiritual connection with everything around you, making you feel alive and very much part of the existence around you," Dis Pater explains. "But making you feel somewhat important too, and not just another speck of dust."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Midnight Odyssey
Posted: 24.08.2014 by Alien1988

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 10   Visited by: 66 users
24.08.2014 - 12:57
Zap
2 hours and 23 minutes might be overdoing it, but I'm still looking forward to this.
24.08.2014 - 13:27
Alien1988
18 minutes per song...really looking forward to this.
24.08.2014 - 13:52
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Zap on 24.08.2014 at 12:57

2 hours and 23 minutes might be overdoing it, but I'm still looking forward to this.

Its only about 20 minutes longer than his last album. If it stays as consistent as Funerals... was it won't be too long.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
24.08.2014 - 15:03
Zap
Written by M C Vice on 24.08.2014 at 13:52

Its only about 20 minutes longer than his last album. If it stays as consistent as Funerals... was it won't be too long.

Yeah, but 20 minutes is still a lot if you ask me. I certainly enjoyed his last album but it's not always easy to find 2 hours of free time, since I usually listen to albums in one sitting, and even that album dragged.
24.08.2014 - 16:01
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
This is going to be epic
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
24.08.2014 - 17:03
MetalDoomMaster
Awesome, this is excellent background music for video gaming.
14.09.2014 - 07:21
3rdWorld
China was a neat
The number of songs and the tracklisting here is more reminiscent of Blood Geometry than his last release. Anyway this is going to be my most anticipated release for next year hands down.
08.10.2014 - 23:30
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
Could quite possibly end up being 2015's equivalent of Blood Geometry. My body is writhing in excitement
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
09.10.2014 - 00:10
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Written by Auntie Sahar on 08.10.2014 at 23:30

Could quite possibly end up being 2015's equivalent of Blood Geometry. My body is writhing in excitement

You can only imagine what my body is doing. I think I'm changing species...
09.10.2014 - 03:32
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Auntie Sahar on 08.10.2014 at 23:30

If it is of the same quality as, or possibly even better than Funerals From The Astral Sphere then I will no doubt ejaculate

Hits total: 2283 | This month: 4