Metal Storm logo
Stream Of Passion - UK Shows Cancelled

Stream of Passion suffered a terrible blow on Friday afternoon when the band arrived at Calais, France to board the Ferry to England. The Mexican band members were instantly separated from the group, and each other, and were interrogated by British and French Police for four grueling hours. All because the British immigration service was convinced they were intending to take up illegal residence in England.

The immigration service asked Naomi, the band's tour manager, to provide them with evidence to the contrary, and listed the types of documents required. And though Naomi jumped through every one of their newly found hoops, and repeatedly produced whatever documentation they demanded as proof, they could not be persuaded. Even with the help from the kind promotors of the concerts in England, various Embassy officials, and immigrant agents in Britain (who told the tour manager there shouldn't have been any problem for them to enter the UK in the first place) there was no changing their minds. This eventually led to the 'deportation' of Marcela, Alejandro and Diana without any possibility for them to get to England to perform the shows.

It appears the Mexicans have fallen unfortunate victims of, as one British Immigration agent trying to help said: "the new British political flavor of the year: 'we hate all immigrants'".

Stream of Passion returned home that same day, extremely disappointed and disillusioned with the proceedings. They wish to apologize to all the British fans and to those fans who travelled from various countries all over the world, for being unable to make it to these last two shows. They deeply regret not being able to perform for you this last time, as they were also so much looking forward to meeting you all again.

The concerts appear to be going ahead as planned with new bands performing; please see the Classic Rock Society website for more information.

Source: streamofpassion.com
Band profile: Stream Of Passion
Posted: 03.02.2007 by Ivor

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   Visited by: 7 users
03.02.2007 - 16:01
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
heh, this sucks bigtime
and from my job i know from my own experience that immigrant issues can be very tiresome and that it can take very, very long out of the most stupid reasons...
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
03.02.2007 - 17:18
Ivor
Staff
Imo, it's pathetic that immigration services didn't let them through. Shame on both countries.

I.
----
No friends for playing games
No foes who scorn my name
Computerized machines of steel and rust
/---/
No friends in my house on Mars
No foes in my house on Mars
I was born in my house on Mars
I will die in my house on Mars
-- Ayreon - My House on M
03.02.2007 - 17:48
wrathchild
Staff
OMG! I don't know who to blame, by I fear this "British agent" is actually right: Discrimination towards other human beings is increasing...
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
03.02.2007 - 18:06
Lupas
Maximus
We need those policemen here

As wrathchild said , Discrimination is a big and real problem for all EU .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
03.02.2007 - 18:28
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
Written by Ivor on 03.02.2007 at 17:18

Imo, it's pathetic that immigration services didn't let them through. Shame on both countries.

both countries? actually only the immigrant service of england has any role to play here, france has absolutely nothing to do with it and mexico has no other role then providing papers here, its only england's fault in this case
----
03.02.2007 - 18:48
Ivor
Staff
No-no, "both" does not include Mexico. You got me wrong, I was referring to England and France, since Streamies where held by police of both countries, as I understand it.

I.
----
/---/
03.02.2007 - 18:59
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
well it has to be a wording mistake from the band because france had nothing to do with it, seen that the bandmembers were never registered in france. they probably needed some sort of visum or so to travel through but as they never stayed anywhere for longer then a month (or something like that, i dont know how long it is in france) they were never considered living in france (even for a short period of time) of course.

if they would have stayed in france for a bit longer, lets say a month or so, then they would have to register in france as being short-term residents of france. then france would have anything to do with them going to another country, as of now they werent registered in any of the french official departments so france has no say about them leaving the country. except of course with the customs, but thats not the issue here.

the issue is they left france, about which france had no say as they werent registered in the first place. and wanted to enter england but england didnt accept the verifications etc.

i hope i explained it in an understandable way, its a bit complicated to explain
----
03.02.2007 - 19:32
Ivor
Staff
I know what you want to say but as far as I understand they weren't let to board the ferry and thus never left France. Furthermore, the news states that they were interrogated by police of both countries.

I.
----
/---/
03.02.2007 - 20:01
Bas
Retired Staff
Elite
yeah but the only reason i can imagine is that the french police cooperated with england to halt them or something like that, either that or its a wrong wording from the band
----
03.02.2007 - 22:49
Daru Jericho
It's England's fault. Anti-immigration seems to be political flavour of the month.

Still, this sucks. I was going to go to the London show then decided not to because it was on a Sunday and there would be too many problems. I wonder if these dates are going to be rescheduled?
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

04.02.2007 - 12:49
Revenant
Account deleted
Fucking country, I apologise for all the conservative shitbags over here blaming their problems on immigrants rather than facing the music of their own faliures.
04.02.2007 - 16:42
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
I'm lucky I've seen them already... I mean, there must have been fans that travelled from Holland, France, Iceland (hm...) and stuff waiting in the UK... shame on the immigrant service. And poor people, I hope the replacing acts were good.
04.02.2007 - 17:51
Highlander
Account deleted
Ahahaha this is quality
06.02.2007 - 12:09
.mrt
IMO it's frakkin pathetic. I mean they've already been to UK and now this frak.
Read a more thorough overview of the Gestapo-like bs from Lori's blog - http://lorinator.feminoise.com/my-take-on-the-stream-of-passion-uk-immigration-nonsense/

Hits total: 2924 | This month: 4