Metal Storm logo
Children

28.08.2014 - 05:05
Guib
Thrash Talker
Hi folks ! So I figured I'd be the first to start a post about Children, for those who do not know them yet Children are a Thrash metal band from New-York
formed in 2006 that mix Prog/Psychedelic/Melodic and freakin' name it, elements to their music. So far they've released only one Studio album (in 2009) called ''Hard Times Hanging At The End Of The World'' and let me just say that the extensive name does reflect on the song-writing and length of the whole damn thing.

In short, I love what they did so far... and I don't understand why there's nothing new out yet. Those of you that are fan of Prog/Thrash have to listen to
this, it's brilliant, it's fresh... simply amazing. I know a lot of you are having a ''hard time'' trying out more recent thrash acts, but c'mon give this one a try
I swear you won't regret it.

So what are your opinions on them ? Or if you have any news about them, post 'em here. I'm not even sure if the band is still active.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
28.08.2014 - 08:21
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Not a fan of prog but I'll definitely check out this band. Anything remotely close to"thrash" goes on my checklist but sadly half of 'em knocks out due to lack of creativity and aggression in music.
28.08.2014 - 08:59
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 28.08.2014 at 08:21

Not a fan of prog but I'll definitely check out this band. Anything remotely close to"thrash" goes on my checklist but sadly half of 'em knocks out due to lack of creativity and aggression in music.

I encourage you to check these guys out. They are not as prog as they are just a thrashy riff machine. Also, as Guib pointed out, kind of psychedelic at time, but again, due to the riffs. Listen to the Death Tribe single as well.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
28.08.2014 - 15:46
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos

Funny. For me anything remotely close to thrash goes 'out' of my list 'because' of lack of creativity and aggression in music. =P
Not the case of Children though. They're pretty good. Also you don't see much prog thrash bands around.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
28.08.2014 - 17:36
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Karlabos on 28.08.2014 at 15:46

Funny. For me anything remotely close to thrash goes 'out' of my list 'because' of lack of creativity and aggression in music. =P
Not the case of Children though. They're pretty good. Also you don't see much prog thrash bands around.

Look, Brazil boy.

You might be exaggerated with your attitude towards thrash music and that is why you HAVE missed "pretty good amount" of thrash records. Yes, thrash metal isn't good genre to get appreciated reasons we all know best known to us but still it ain't that bad to get neglected considering each year we atleast get 2 to 3 terrific thrash albums to listen to.
28.08.2014 - 23:39
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by Karlabos on 28.08.2014 at 15:46

I can certainly understand your thought, I agree that Thrash ain't usually a source of pure Creativity, though lack of Aggression ? I'm not sure I follow you on that one.
But yeah, at least you can recognize a great band when you see one! Children's awesome on so many levels.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
30.08.2014 - 09:54
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Glad to see this thread opened. Fantastic band. Unfortunately elusive, though.

However, if you love Children, you can't call yourself a tr00 fan until you've given S.T.R.E.E.T.S a listen. They're Jonny Ollsin's band before he went and put together Children. And guess who his bandmate was? That's right, none other than Gnarwell (AKA James Farwell) - the main guy for Bison B.C. They put out like 3 albums, all of which are killer.

Here's probably their best song:

http://streetsrock.bandcamp.com/track/keep-the-dream-alive
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.08.2014 - 16:33
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Cool, Bison B.C is rad and I didn't know the connection between them and Children. I should check both bands.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS