Metal Storm logo
Some Of The Worst Stuff I've Ever Heard

Thumbs up: +2
Whenever I browse the winterwebz looking for good stuff to listen to, it's unavoidable that I end up facing atrociously bad stuff. However some of these horrid choices are still interesting and thus manage to stay on my head and somehow my interest for them keeps growing from time to time.
This list is dedicated to those bad things that still are interesting somehow. (read it: averagely bad stuff like skryllex or lulu isn't welcome here) Maybe, just maybe, someday I'll be able to develop my taste and start liking them? Who knows? That's how I got to Unexpect or Sunn o))) after all.
There's mostly metal, actually mostly black metal stuff here. I'll add more as I remember or find more. Suggestions are welcome =] If you have a band which it's so bad you can't stand but still keep coming back to it because it's intriguing then give a shout.

Created by: Karlabos | 29.08.2014

1. Army Of Gay Unicorns - Army Of Gay Unicorns (Some electronic stuff. They do covers of more well established bands.)
2. Axxanngabannaxaxagannababaillukuku - Marduk (A drone metal band which kinda sounds like your brother playing with his new guitar amplifier on the next room.)
3. Bacchia Neraida - Εις Τους Δωδεκα Θεους Του Ολυμπου (Wow this is some horrid black metal shit. It reminds me of a dsbm band I listened to a loong while ago, which had an album with a single 70 minutetrack which kept repeating the same riff over and over again. If anyone happens to know an album like this plz tell me because I forgot which band that was and would like to try it again)
4. Bubblegum Octopus - The Album Formerly Known As 8-legged Dance Moves (Can't tell what is this. Also can't tell whether I love it or hate it. You will find these guys among my fav bands list)
5. Brume - Normal (I guess I'm just not suited to listen to this? Unfamiliar with the genre or something. Besides I don't even know what genre is this, sort of drone/dark ambient/noise with some acoustic stuff randomly going on.)
6. Caroliner - I'm Armed With Quarts Of Blood (This is actually very good but in a very, very weird way, so I guess it belongs to this list (??) can't put this in words. It's like... an industrial... bluegrass... avant-garde...fusion... of things... or something.)
7. Damien Storm - Ghost Town (Sort of a heavy metal with very poor production and weird vocals. It's still better than listen to average bland heavy metal, I guess.)
8. Divina Enema - Under Phoenix Phenomenon (These are the worst vocals I've probably ever listened to on a prog band. But still kind of matches the song. And after a while you get used to it)
9. Esmectatons - The Farting (Finally a Brazilian band caught my attention in a good way. This is zeuhl of the very weird kind. Sometimes it sounds like it's done bad on purpose, sometimes it sounds genuine instrumental zeuhl. I sincerely still don't know whether I hated it or loved it.)
10. Fadades (I tried some search and in the end I don't think Fadades has an actual album released. He plays some kind of blackened hard rock. "Well, that can't be that bad" you think. Well, type Fadades on youtube. And listen to it. You'll change your mind.)
11. Gluttony - Collapse Of The Roman Republic (Hekaloth records is an interesting label because all of their releases seem to be on that jazz/folkish genre with harsh vocals on it which sounds Bad with a very big capital B. Anyway you can't say that this genre isn't intriguing.)
12. INTOY - sigma0 (So apparently there's a guy which makes releases consisting of a single note. And no, it's not played over and over again. It's played only once! It is a single song. With less than 1 second of length. And he goes on all the trouble to make a cover for it and release as an album. He also has a song of 2 seconds of length which he called another release.)
13. Kali Bahlu - Cosmic Rememberance (Once again on borderline of horrible and amazing. This interesting piece of music is basically folk with some female thrown in spoken vocals. But read it... Really badly spoken, offkey-ish spoken. And on top of all the production sounds like shit. Really interesting stuff)
14. Kreayshawn - Kittys vs Choppas (These days I was searching for stuff like the witchhouse band gvcci hvcci and managed to listen to this by mistake. And what a huge mistake that was. She has some good songs, I'll give you that, but damn doesn't she make the worst songs ever to make up for it.)
15. Lonesummer - What We Were (What we were... listening to? That should be the title. This should be depressive black metal, but sometimes it is. Sometimes it's not. There's still some good tracks though if you're in the right mood.)
16. Lullaby - My Master Lucifer (Sometimes I feel ashamed of my country because it seems that the worst ever bands are born there. This is an one girl band which seems like a metal band with some very poorly done vocals. Quite reminds of black metal, but still uncertain about it.)
17. Me'ex - Demo (Whenever someone asks me which is the worst crappy thing you've ever listened to? I'm gonna show him this. Apparently it was supposed to be some kind of nsbm. Unlike the other bands on this list I don't think this is interesting at all, but I thought it must be mentioned for a prize of the worst ever. =P)
18. Moon Kana - Moon Dragon (You'd think every female j-pop singer would at least sound cute and refined due to the digital effects and media covering and that shit, but... No. Moon Kana's vocals definitely seem to ruin everything here.)
19. Oral VS Anal VS Murder - Trash II: Merzbow Liked My Facebook Status (Being the lolicon that I am, when I clicked on this label (loliwillnoise) bandcamp I thought it was gonna be good music, but it's noise. Like... Not noise, the genre. It's literally just noise... The entire label is specialized on that. I just chose this record because the names would draw more attention.)
20. Paladins Of The Golden Power Fights With The Great Sword Of Eternal Magic And The Great Kings Will - The Saga of the Golden Paladins PT. 1: Legendary Demo 2005 (Of course this is not a serious band, but well it still fits the list. Apart from the overly ridiculous vocals it's actually a power metal band. Plus the vocals actually manage to make it interesting (in a bad way).)
21. Pecadores - Rogai Por Nós Pecadores (Another band from Brazil. This is electro with some childish dark wannabe lyrics. Not only the lyrics are bad but also the vocals themselves. Anyway pretty interesting idea soundwise.)
22. Polysics - Now Is The Time! (This is a j pop band from... Japan (duh) And it's very weird. Don't listen to it if you're not used to japanese stuff)
23. Sewer - Satanic Requiem (A black metal band. If I was to guess I'd say it's a single guy who does it with fl studio and records the vocals with the microphone which came with his leptop. never checked to know if that is really the situation but it sure seems it is. Apart from that it's somewhat original.)
24. Stalaggh - Projekt Nihil (Oh. An album which actually is featured on MS. (What happened with your taste guys?) Anyway this is sort of a dark ambient band. Rumours is that it's recorded on a mental hospital featuring real patient screams here and there. Can't say it isn't interesting.)
25. Synthetic Scum - Live 5 (Browsing on bandcamp pages I stumble upon this. Whatever that is. Listen at your own risk.)
26. Thursar - Journey To Jotunheim (Another band signed on Hekaloth records. If I listened to this and listened to Gluttony I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.)
27. Varghkoghargasmal - Drowned In Lakes (How about some acoustic folk to give you a break from metal huh? Then you probably should listen to Nhor or Svarti Loghin. But definitely not Varghkoghargasmal. What seems strange here is that the instruments seem a lot offset from the song time. If you think this kind of unusual song structure is appealing go for it.)
28. Xarkrinur - Demo 14 (Rumours is that this band is entirely digital. Not a single real instrument. Everything is recorded poorly and overlayed on whatever the programs the guy chooses to use.)
29. Xynfonica - A Feast For Famished Ravens (More from Hekaloth records. This time it's a symphonic project (symphonic only in theory because everything is made with synth and I smell some flstudio here) and with some black metallesque vocals. I guess it counts as simpho black? Listen for yourself.)
30. Zen Garden - Barad (Antidemon Split) (I listened to this split because of Antidemon (which is actually a pretty good punk/grindcore band from Brazil) and then there was this... 'thing' called Zen garden which came along with it. I don't think it would be very easy to find this even on the internet due to its undergroundness but if you did you definitely should listen to it if you wanted a good laugh.)

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Karlabos ]

Comments

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 11   Visited by: 128 users
29.08.2014 - 12:44
Ilham
Giant robot
Dat thumbnail.
29.08.2014 - 15:53
Lit.
Account deleted
Never heard of any of these bands.

So I don't care about this list.

*Flies away*
29.08.2014 - 16:01
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Guest on 29.08.2014 at 15:53

Never heard of any of these bands.

Lucky you xD
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
29.08.2014 - 17:07
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
See, this is why deadone doesn't go digging in the underground.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
29.08.2014 - 18:08
ANGEL REAPER

Carefully about digging into underground.If you dig to deep you might dig out Balrog or end up buried ....and forgotten .
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
05.10.2014 - 08:57
MetalDoomMaster

I found this a couple weeks ago. It's complete and utter shit but I keep coming back to it because some of the "riffs" are actually pretty awesome. I don't even think Herzebethwould have given this over a 6.

Edit: 38:30 minute mark - mind fucking blown.
05.10.2014 - 17:00
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by MetalDoomMaster on 05.10.2014 at 08:57

I found this a couple weeks ago. It's complete and utter shit but I keep coming back to it because some of the "riffs" are actually pretty awesome. I don't even think Herzebethwould have given this over a 6.
Edit: 38:30 minute mark - mind fucking blown.

Listening to it and Yeah, the riffs are really something.
Thanks for the rec. I don't know if it's that bad to be part on this list but it sure is going to my other grindcore list =D
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
05.10.2014 - 18:18
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
I've heard Stalaggh and I find them ok... They have a far more structured project called Gulaggh which uses some strings as well. I like it much more.
That is all.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
05.10.2014 - 18:36
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Hehe, your write up of #5 made me think about Haken - a band I would add to this list. The guys vocals are soooo bad. Ruins the entire package. The music and presentation are extravagant and the only reason why I listen. I even rate their albums average and above...could be so much more...
----
rekt
05.10.2014 - 20:57
MetalDoomMaster

Written by Karlabos on 05.10.2014 at 17:00

Thanks for the rec. I don't know if it's that bad to be part on this list but it sure is going to my other grindcore list =D

Haha, ok, at least it's going somewhere. It's quite the experience
06.10.2014 - 08:57
no one
Account deleted
As i said, listen to lonesummer split with trist to hear lonesummer actually sound good

Hits total: 2540 | This month: 4