Metal Storm logo
Ensiferum - Enter The Studio In September

Finnish folk metallers Ensiferum are hitting the studio next month to record their upcoming album that follows Unsung Heroes. With pre-production out of the way, the band is prepared to begin recording. Work will begin on September 8th at Astia Studio in Lappeenranta, Finland with producer Anssi Kippo. Fans can expect to hear new music at the beginning of January 2015.

The album is tentatively scheduled for release worldwide on Metal Blade Records in early 2015.

Bassist Sami Hinkka offers the following update: "Hi folks! Only a couple more weeks to go! We head to Astia Studio on 8th of September and recordings will take around five weeks. We had really good and creative pre production sessions with Anssi Kippo so now we are very well prepared to give 110% on each take in the studio. Because the songs were almost ready when we made the demo versions of them, Mr. Mikko Mustonen is already arranging orchestrations on top of those. Gotta love technology! There are still few minor details to arrange and couple of lines of lyrics to twist and turn but nothing can stop us anymore! We are convinced that this will be ground breaking album for us and the whole genre. (Modesty? What's that?)"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ensiferum
Posted: 31.08.2014 by FeskarN

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 21   Visited by: 163 users
31.08.2014 - 11:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Damn, I was hoping for an apology for Unsung Heroes.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
31.08.2014 - 12:06
Milan

Not holding my breath for this one. Unsung Heroes' first couple of songs were okay but the album got progressively worse after those.
31.08.2014 - 12:21
Zap
Quote:
We are convinced that this will be ground breaking album for us and the whole genre.

After Unsung Heroes, I highly doubt that. I hope this will be more like From Afar, that album was tits.
31.08.2014 - 12:48
Sword_Chant

This album will either be awesome or terrible lol
31.08.2014 - 13:13
FeskarN

Written by Sword_Chant on 31.08.2014 at 12:48

This album will either be awesome or terrible lol

Yeah, I have the same feeling :/
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
31.08.2014 - 14:32
Bananatron

Fingers crossed for a better album than Unsung Heroes.
31.08.2014 - 18:38
Astronomer9893

I don't really understand all the hatred for Unsung Heroes. It wasn't as good as From Afar, but I don't think it was bad. A couple tracks were a little boring but other than that I thought it was a decent album.
31.08.2014 - 18:58
Gothmog_Motsham

Written by Astronomer9893 on 31.08.2014 at 18:38

I don't really understand all the hatred for Unsung Heroes. It wasn't as good as From Afar, but I don't think it was bad. A couple tracks were a little boring but other than that I thought it was a decent album.

Bamboleo cover. Do I have to say more?
31.08.2014 - 19:37
Rulatore

Can't wait for this
31.08.2014 - 19:54
Lehctim

Yea Unsung Heroes was a complete borefest, theres no way anyone can listen to iron and unsung heroes back to back and disagree
31.08.2014 - 21:03
Astronomer9893

I actually enjoyed Bamboleo lol
31.08.2014 - 21:22
Zap
Written by Astronomer9893 on 31.08.2014 at 21:03

I actually enjoyed Bamboleo lol

Bamboleo might have been the best part about that album/
31.08.2014 - 22:32
mikeprado30

Written by Lehctim on 31.08.2014 at 19:54

Yea Unsung Heroes was a complete borefest, theres no way anyone can listen to iron and unsung heroes back to back and disagree

Is a question of tastes. I, for example, can listen Somewhere in Time and The Number of the Beast from Maiden and immediately go back into The X Factor and The Final Frontier (the weakest Maiden albums IMHO) and won't complain at all, or listening Imaginations From The Other Side from Blind Guardian and then go on with A Twist In The Myth and not saying a "but" at all...
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
01.09.2014 - 02:46
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Written by Doc G. on 31.08.2014 at 11:55

Damn, I was hoping for an apology for Unsung Heroes.

lol they really should have...

I'm hopeful that they'll learn from their mistake and give us something great again though, I mean if anyone can come back from a setback it's Ensiferum. And I know all these bands ultra-hype releases but I do really hope it is ground breaking for the genre, we all know folk could use some new direction atm..
----
pewpew.. gotcha
01.09.2014 - 03:46
Necrodamus

I would love them to put out something akin to an Iron or Victory Songs again. After Unsung Heroes I don't have the highest expectations. Who knows, maybe they will surprise everyone...we will see.
01.09.2014 - 20:49
Carl Berg
Carl Berg
They always choose Anssi Kippo for mixing/mastering, why not someone else this time? Not saying mixing is bad on their albums, just a little change of environment could do them good creativity-wise...
02.09.2014 - 20:11
HyperDrifter

Whilst I agree that Unsung Heroes is their weakest work, I'm one of the minority who enjoyed it
03.09.2014 - 00:44
crucifiedjesus

Unsung heroes was painfully forgettable im hoping for a return to form om this one!!
03.09.2014 - 08:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Necrodamus on 01.09.2014 at 03:46

I would love them to put out something akin to an Iron or Victory Songs again. After Unsung Heroes I don't have the highest expectations. Who knows, maybe they will surprise everyone...we will see.

I think this album will be "do or die" time for this band. This album will show whether Unsung Heroes was just one bad mistake, or an all-out downhill direction for their future. I have a feeling this will be another crapper, based on the fact that bands going downhill seems more common than bands bouncing back. However, I wouldn't be surprised to hear a return to form.

I guess you could say my hopes are going in the opposite direction of my expectations.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
05.09.2014 - 17:17
evilexistence_

STOKED ! i didnt mind unsung heros to tell the truth every record has there thing to them so maybe this one will bring somthing new and different (in a good way). gotta admit tho "in my swrod i trust" was pretty fucking sweet tune (i really enyjoyed it) but im sure its going to the great and i cant wait to hear it !
06.09.2014 - 03:52
Lionthrone

Come on, Ensiferum. Give me one more magic potion. I'll just pretend Unsung Heroes never happened.

Hits total: 2615 | This month: 3