Metal Storm logo
Slayer - Back In The Studio

The thrash legends Slayer are back in the studio to record the 11th album of their career. World Painted Blood, their latest output, came out already five years ago. Tentatively set for release in early 2015, this new record will be the first since guitarist Jeff Hanneman's passing and since drummer Paul Bostaph rejoined after Dave Lombardo was kicked off the band. The band has shared some pictures from the studio sessions. Check them out!

The album will be released on Nuclear Blast Records through the band's own label imprint, closing out a 28-year relationship with Rick Rubin and American Recordings.

Photos: Andrew Stuart Photography

Now all you can do is wait to hear the final result. Meanwhile, you can always listen to the new song "Implode" released earlier this year as a foretaste.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Slayer
Posted: 31.08.2014 by BloodTears

Comments page 2 / 2

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 50   Visited by: 248 users
01.09.2014 - 16:22
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 01.09.2014 at 16:01

From what I remember Tanner doesn't listen to or like much thrash, it's not surprising he doesn't like Slayer.

True, he'd rather listens to really shit pop punk (there is some good pop punk out there as well, but he seems to have a penchant towards the truly crappy kind )

But saying the only good Slayer album is Show No Mercy but mentioning Angel Of Death is somewhat strange, don't you agree?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.09.2014 - 18:41
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Sorry, 25 years. I better leave the hall now. :
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.09.2014 - 02:23
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Boxcar Willy on 01.09.2014 at 18:41

In the sense of meaning 25 and saying 25 you're like GodBuster. But he said that 25 is almost 30 and only nipickers would make a problem out of it. At least you admitted the booboo So, all (except for liking crappy pop punk) is forgiven
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.09.2014 - 02:35
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2014 at 02:23

Written by Boxcar Willy on 01.09.2014 at 18:41

In the sense of meaning 25 and saying 25 you're like GodBuster. But he said that 25 is almost 30 and only nipickers would make a problem out of it. At least you admitted the booboo So, all (except for liking crappy pop punk) is forgiven

I just forgot when Reign in Blood was released, thought it was earlier. Ya could have checked my ratings too
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
02.09.2014 - 02:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Boxcar Willy on 02.09.2014 at 02:35

Ya could have checked my ratings too

Too much trouble
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.09.2014 - 03:14
Lord_Regnier

Written by Hex_Omega on 01.09.2014 at 11:33

Last Slayer album I enjoyed was Seasons In The Abyss

Same here. It all went downhill after that.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
02.09.2014 - 03:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Lord_Regnier on 02.09.2014 at 03:14

Am I the only one posting here who thinks that that album was already a immense step down? At the time I regarded it as Slayer's attempt of trying to make it big by watering their music down and becoming way more melodic than needed. Only one or two good songs on that album.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.09.2014 - 11:10
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2014 at 03:26

Am I the only one posting here who thinks that that album was already a immense step down?

Honestly? I think it is their best album. Riffs, variety, production, vocals, everything is as it should be.
04.09.2014 - 18:51
Zap
Written by Boxcar Willy on 01.09.2014 at 05:33

Lyrically I'd also go Slayer, "Angel Of Death" has been stuck in my head since I was 12.

Fuck yeah dude, that song has awesome lyrics.
04.09.2014 - 23:58
heksiz

The "Big 4" was something created by Lars Ulrich, for those who are arguing. It was an attempt to bring together four of the first american thrash metal bands (and the most successful/ overrated).
06.09.2014 - 17:25
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Is this really absolutely necessary? Ya know, it's not really as if Slayer have anything left to prove to anybody, they've already secured their spot in the metal history books as one of the most influential bands of all time, at this point (esp. with Lombardo gone and Hanneman dead) continuing on is really just beating a dead horse. People respect em enough already, just call it quits and enjoy your legacy, why don'tcha?
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
06.09.2014 - 17:30
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Auntie Sahar on 06.09.2014 at 17:25

People respect em enough already, just call it quits and enjoy your legacy, why don'tcha?

I can't really understand that why big bands like Slayer cannot accept the fact that musicians are not like factories, they can't produce more and more products with better quality every year !
----
The Fangirl.
06.09.2014 - 17:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
People respect em enough already, just call it quits and enjoy your legacy, why don'tcha?

People have a hard time retiring from something they've done for a long time, especially if they enjoy it - you see it with musicians and athletes mostly. Adjusting to middle age and role changes is a really difficult thing for people to do. It would be nice if they released something of a modern day masterpiece and rode off into the sunset though.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.09.2014 - 17:48
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Troy Killjoy on 06.09.2014 at 17:34

People have a hard time retiring from something they've done for a long time, especially if they enjoy it - you see it with musicians and athletes mostly. Adjusting to middle age and role changes is a really difficult thing for people to do. It would be nice if they released something of a modern day masterpiece and rode off into the sunset though.

Totally understandable. Personally, if I were King or Araya and wanted to continue releasing material, I'd stop putting it out under the name of Slayer, but that's just me. Don't really think that "modern day masterpiece" will happen, but never say never I guess. Also, whatever happened to Araya wanting to retire, anyway? Like seven years back or so, around the time of Christ Illusion, he was like "I can only see myself doing this for like 2, 3 more years" or something along those lines.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
06.09.2014 - 17:49
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Auntie Sahar on 06.09.2014 at 17:48
Like seven years back or so, around the time of Christ Illusion, he was like "I can only see myself doing this for like 2, 3 more years" or something along those lines.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't that smart with his money in his youth and honestly just needs another paycheck.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
06.09.2014 - 22:01
afu

I'm hopeful that Slayer will make a good album. King's songs dominated the last several albums and I thought GHUA and CI were great to really good. Unfortunately, Hanneman wrote the classic songs that I like best, but his contributions had dwindled during the last decade of his tenure to the point of King recording Jeff's parts in the studio. Here's hoping for the best! Cheers!
06.09.2014 - 23:41
Lord_Agony

I really have high hopes on this one. Only those guys can restore some of the faith lost in recent years.
06.09.2014 - 23:49
Lord_Agony

Written by mikeprado30 on 31.08.2014 at 22:28

MetalStorm, the place where people most criticize and complain about albums instead enjoy'em... (any resemblance with old-man attitudes is NOT coincidence )

The place where people bash on albums before they're even released. Everyone enjoys a super hindsight for things that are yet to come out
08.09.2014 - 03:48
Lord_Regnier

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2014 at 03:26

Written by Lord_Regnier on 02.09.2014 at 03:14

Am I the only one posting here who thinks that that album was already a immense step down? At the time I regarded it as Slayer's attempt of trying to make it big by watering their music down and becoming way more melodic than needed. Only one or two good songs on that album.

In my opinion, "South Of Heaven" was, to a certain extent, a case of watering down after the extreme "Reign In Blood", especially with those weak vocals. I see "Seasons In The Abyss" more as some kind of return to form after "South Of Heaven".
----
08.09.2014 - 05:23
Lord_Regnier

Written by deadone on 08.09.2014 at 04:26

I do feel SOH was better written than SITA though.

I don't think SOH is bad at all. I like it. The only part I don't fancy much is the vocals. But when I listen to "Decade Of Aggression", I like the SOH songs as much as any other. As for SOH being better written than SITA, I don't know. Both albums have great songs but also a few weak ones.
----

Hits total: 3793 | This month: 7