Metal Storm logo
Cigars

02.09.2014 - 07:58
toxx
Supreme being
Can't find any Cigar topics in the forums, though there should be! So I have taken it upon myself to create such a topic.

I have recently gotten into cigars, and I'm wondering if any of you Metalstormers smoke cigars too?

Any favorites?

I'm also quite interested in your way storing them. Humidor? Coolerdor? Tupperdor? Let's see pictures of your setup!

Let's discuss the wonderful world of cigars!
02.09.2014 - 16:35
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Long filler or short filler cigars?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

02.09.2014 - 17:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I do theoretically but I havbt done t 3 years
I live irs whit flavor, coffee is my fav, but I don't smoke now, money and health issue , I had astma, after moving to Swe I don't feel anything but super dry Nordic air if I smoke, I have pain in my lungs I mean smoke in minis degrees, summer time no problem, but I havnt smoke 3 yeasrs
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
03.09.2014 - 09:16
toxx
Supreme being
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 02.09.2014 at 16:35

Long filler mostly. Don't know if I have tried any short fillers yet. I've only smoked a few different types so far. A buddy of mine got me into it this summer. So far I've tried Rafael Gonzalez Perlas, Rafael Gonzalez Panatelas Extra, Guantanamera Decimos (Machine rolled) Guantanamera Christales (also machine rolled), and a Partagas Mille Fleur. Of all these I would say the Perlas was by far the best one. Bought 5 R&J Romeo No. 2 the other day. Need to try that this weekend. I've made myself a list of cigars to try On top right now is the Montecristo No. 2.

I store them in a tupperware box with some sheets of spanish cedar and a Boveda 69% Humidipack. Works pretty good, but I should invest in a Humidor at some point. Plastic containers aren't really optimal I think. But, humidors are quite expensive, and tupperware is not
03.09.2014 - 14:08
toxx
Supreme being
No reason to cough from smoking cigars if you're doing it right If you inhale it, you'll have a bad time!
03.09.2014 - 15:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by toxx on 03.09.2014 at 14:08

No reason to cough from smoking cigars if you're doing it right If you inhale it, you'll have a bad time!

Indeed, cigars are not meant to be inhaled (unlike cigarettes)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

03.09.2014 - 16:02
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Not really a cigar, but not really a cigarette. Is a half tobacco half green tea rolled smoke. Damn. Tasty.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
05.09.2014 - 05:41
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 03.09.2014 at 15:39
Indeed, cigars are not meant to be inhaled (unlike cigarettes)

Made me think of this time I was waiting at a bus shelter when I lived in Edmonton. There was this really hot brunette waiting at the same platform and this group of young Indian guys (the collar-popping GQ-wannabe types) walk up and basically swarm her talking loudly, presumably in an attempt to get her attention. Then the one guy - the tallest and heaviest of the bunch with his oiled black hair - pulls out a fat cigar and starts sucking on it, hacks up a lung and I can see the tears running down his cheeks from about 10 feet away. The girl just looked at me and we smiled at each other.

And then her boyfriend picked her up in his car and they drove off while I was stuck riding the bus 5 minutes later trying to ignore the group of obnoxious guys in the back.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.09.2014 - 08:30
toxx
Supreme being

I have to correct myself. I have smoked short filler as well! I actually have a couple of Davidoff Primeros, and they turn out to be short. They are so called petit panatelas. somewhere between petit corona and cigarillo in size. Pretty descent cigars. Bought them last year at an airport duty-free store, just for fun. Didn't know much about cigars yet at that point. Don't know much now either, but I'm learning as I go.
30.06.2018 - 13:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I have start to smoke cigars, awesome, its every day joy to me now.
----

apos;'
[image]
14.08.2018 - 11:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I am taking one buy day in warm seasons, a less now since its autumn. I like Fonte, hand made cigars, long ones, 50 and also not mild, not strong either, its between somewhere what I like. Its life what I can enjoy hehhehehehe here.
----

apos;'
[image]
22.09.2018 - 14:24
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I like A Fonte ones, great and good quallity but I start to like Toscano and Toscanelo , what Eastwood smoked. Great, stark and a bit different as cuban and s american ones.
----

apos;'
[image]
11.01.2019 - 14:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by elmaasheley147 on 11.01.2019 at 09:05

I am not using cigars, but I use E-cigg for 4 years. Thats why I dont know much about cigars.

werry useful information. E cig is for smokers what smokes in the lungs, ciggs, cigaretes and cigars are like power metal vs black metal
----

apos;'
[image]
27.01.2019 - 01:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by toxx on 09.09.2014 at 08:30

I have to correct myself. I have smoked short filler as well! I actually have a couple of Davidoff Primeros, and they turn out to be short. They are so called petit panatelas. somewhere between petit corona and cigarillo in size. Pretty descent cigars. Bought them last year at an airport duty-free store, just for fun. Didn't know much about cigars yet at that point. Don't know much now either, but I'm learning as I go.

as Norwegian yo might understand, why if its under -10-15C cigars dont burn so good ands lighter dont work, -20 its hopless to even try to smoke, lighter start work in a room, but not outside, cigars are dead as well, why?
----

apos;'
[image]
18.06.2019 - 20:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
After 2-3 years in this game (summer, late spring, early autumn, gosh we have just summer n winter) I would say Alec Bradly Black market cigars and I also like A. Fuente even I my pockets are to short. From ordinary, cheaper things Conquistador Bomber are my thing. My fav types are Pyramodos and Enquzito cigars
----

apos;'
[image]