Metal Storm logo
Chimaira - Call It Quits (Update)

UPDATE: According to Chimaira's Facebook page, the band called it quits today. This follows the departure of five members.

And history repeats itself. You might remember that back in 2011, everyone left Chimaira except for founding member and vocalist Mark Hunter. Well, it happened again. The mass exodus happened after the band's most recent U.S. tour. First, it was guitarist Emil Werstler who left Chimaira. The rest of the band's lineup have now quit as well. That includes guitarist Matt Szlachta, keyboardist/vocalist Sean Zatorsky, bassist Jeremy Creamer and drummer Austin D'Amond.

Werstler said of his departure: "My time in Chimaira has, unfortunately, come to an end. It is time for me to move on as I continue to focus on harvesting my abilities as a musician. I'm very fond of everyone in the band and wish them all the best in the future. Although this was a difficult choice to make, I feel it was necessary in order to take the next step in my career. The best is still yet to come and I'm very excited for the multiple projects I am working on. I would like to thank the band, management, and, most importantly, all the fans for the endless support and understanding."

The collective statement from Szlachta, Zatorsky, Creamer and D'Amond: "In light of recent news, the rest of the band have decided to part ways with Chimaira. For us this was a great stepping stone, and an honor to play these songs live, and fulfill an incredible legacy. This was an excellent platform to help continue playing music, when our collective bands either ended or went on a hiatus. Chimaira was an amazing experience and we look forward to future music endeavors with eachother."

Guitarist Matt Szlachta also posted on his Facebook page: "I wanna thank all the fans, friends, promoters, peers and endorsers for the support & great times, means the world! I plan to continue teaching, playing, recording, touring and keep music my life. Sorry for the bad news, that's the music biz for ya go forth and thrash \m/"

What will Mark Hunter do now? Chimaira has an European tour set for October and Hunter hasn't yet released any statement regarding the future of the band.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Chimaira
Posted: 04.09.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 239 users
04.09.2014 - 12:30
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
LOL
04.09.2014 - 12:58
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
I remember Mark saying(in 2011) something about the negativity bring by bandmates in Chimaira and eventually they left. Now, this is happening for the second time. Sure as hell there is something wrong with Mark Hunter.

Having said that, LOL[2].
04.09.2014 - 13:09
Hellbrann

Maybe they'll continue with Daath *crosses fingers*
----
Druantia | Folk metal
04.09.2014 - 13:53
Daniell
_爱情_
He most probably pays them too little, so they keep quitting.
04.09.2014 - 15:33
Rupert

Or he's a huge asshole.
04.09.2014 - 15:33
Sword_Chant

I loved their first 4 albums but after The Infection I totally lost interest in Chimaira's sound. It's not too surprising they split, though it's pretty sad as it's one of the first metal bands I ever listened to. But the split was inevitable at one point or another. I can see the same thing happening to Shadows Fall...
04.09.2014 - 15:59
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
My first read was 'Everyone Expect Mark Hunter To Leave The Band'
04.09.2014 - 19:44
D.T. Metal

Update: they just called it quits
04.09.2014 - 20:46
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
NOOOOO!!!
04.09.2014 - 20:48
HyperDrifter

Can't say I did not see this coming, though Chimaira lost their spark during the last split imo. This one killed them.
04.09.2014 - 21:02
psykometal
A staff guy...
I'm glad Mark is finally calling it quits, "their" last good release was Resurrection...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

04.09.2014 - 21:22
Sword_Chant

I am absolutely gutted definitely the end of an era. But thanks for all the music you brought us Chimaira!
05.09.2014 - 01:01
Lord_Agony

05.09.2014 - 04:11
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Chimaira, the Brett Favre of metal.

(Aside from the whole Hall of Fame career thing.)
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
05.09.2014 - 15:34
MikeVonDoom

Well, that was expected and I can't stop from feel a bit sad with the end of the band...
05.09.2014 - 21:06
Machiavelli
Account deleted
After seeing Chimaira live this past summer I understand the issue. Mark Hunter can't sing live. He doesn't have any power. Sean Z on keyboards is 100x the lead vocalist that Hunter is. He put out some good studio tracks and was persistent with his work but just underwhelming live.

Hits total: 3993 | This month: 12