Metal Storm logo
King Diamond

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 04.02.2007 - 14:35
i've only recently discovered his work with his self-titled band, and i gotta tell you: THEY FUCKING OWN!!
and every single time that some band comes here of which i haven't heard any songs, the case with nightwish and king diamond, i download their stuff and get COMPLETELY hooked up on them.
his high pitched shrieks aren't exactly halford impersonations but he definetely has unbelievably evil voices. not to mention the "funeral" track from "abigail", where the man reciting it(king himself?) sounds 100% gollum.
now i'm desperately waiting another show from him, as i understand he is a god onstage.
03.05.2007 - 02:26
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
The idea behind the cover art is cool, but I'm disappointed. I want REAL pictures dammit!!!!
03.05.2007 - 18:02
Vunts
KD is kinky lyric-wise. I got into them "accidentally", while going through my music collection, which had a folder of a bunch of ringtone midis. Most of the music there was annoying as hell, but then came "I'm Not a Stranger" and it immediately caught my attention (as a MIDI). Now i have listened to most of their material and i really enjoy the music. It creates a decent atmosphere, which is mostly old school horror infused. The vocals are also interesting. I won't call them either funny or annoying, because the man has a unique voice and i'm sortof drawn to it.
In conclusion, i'm happy that i started listening to them.
08.05.2007 - 17:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i want to make a competition, who's the better(maybe best of all the metal scene?) vocalist between halford and king diamond. which songs do you reccomend?(yeah, i know about grandmaaaaa..welcomee homeee)
08.05.2007 - 19:37
APOHAKC
The Bard
Try this: Family Ghost, Halloween, Dressed In White, The Trial, LOA House, Eastmen Cure, Spirits. I wrote few songs from all parts of his career, so you can see how his voice sound in 10-20 years interval. To see all of his fantastic voice you must check some Mercyful Fate too. For example: Come To The Sabbath, Satan's Fall, Lady In Black, Evil...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
22.05.2007 - 17:09
APOHAKC
The Bard
Anyone heared new song called Never Ending Hill??
It is awesome, like always though
Anyway, I didn't expect to start like that, it is really agressive, riffs are awesome again, guitar solos, Gods, I can't wait. And King's voice, it is not high as before, but it is awesome, I wondre how lyrics will be.
Just look at this lyric... Butterfly, Lake, Trees...
Who understand me, know what I am talking about
----
22.05.2007 - 17:48
GT
Coffee!!
staff
@Aronax: I have heard the new song and I like it...hope the new album will be like this. Don't really like som of the old King Diamond 'cause of KD's voice but on the new song I find his voice great. Looking forward to the concert later this year
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
23.05.2007 - 19:22
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yeah me too, I am going on 23rd November here in Belgrade, last year I saw King Diamond and that is best concert I ever saw. I love all of his albums, and songs, but many people like new releases cause he is singing little 'lower' than before, I actually like both
----
23.05.2007 - 19:44
SacredBlade
Without a doubt King Diamond is the absolute best at making "theme" based albums, they are all very complex from story background to synopsis. There are as interesting as the music is creative...
23.05.2007 - 19:55
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by SacredBlade on 23.05.2007 at 19:44

Without a doubt King Diamond is the absolute best at making "theme" based albums, they are all very complex from story background to synopsis. There are as interesting as the music is creative...

I couldn't agree more, that is why he is number one metal musician and artist in my family
Can't wait to read lyrics from new album.
Anyway a question, to all
What do you think, if someone deside to make mouvie based on some King Diamond album, what album would that be? I mean have best story for project like that?
----
23.05.2007 - 22:27
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by APOHAKC on 23.05.2007 at 19:55

I couldn't agree more, that is why he is number one metal musician and artist in my family
Can't wait to read lyrics from new album.
Anyway a question, to all
What do you think, if someone deside to make mouvie based on some King Diamond album, what album would that be? I mean have best story for project like that?

Dude, I've thought about the same thing. I think The Puppet Master would be a fantastic movie, with all the blood and gore, and the tragic ending.
23.05.2007 - 22:32
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
King sure have an amazing and unic voice, I think it creats the perfect atmosphere for their music, and that he created a new kind of metal Horror Metal

I remember when somebody unpluged my lap top's headphone during my geometry class (it was playing "two little girls") yeah..... the teacher freaked out =P
----
24.05.2007 - 00:17
APOHAKC
The Bard
@pyroleprechaun
Yeah it would be great mouvie, such a story, have you seen DVD? When King tell that story?
----
24.05.2007 - 01:01
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Yeah, I saw that DVD. For some reason, I was under the impression that the story was going to be acted out, and I was a little disappointed when I realized it was just narrated. But, King Diamond managed to recite the whole story from memory perfectly (unless people were holding up cards for him to read) and he did a good job of making the story come to life.
25.05.2007 - 04:56
Daru Jericho
The new song has a riff from Judas Priest's 'Painkiller' from it. It totally ruins the song for me.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

25.05.2007 - 05:31
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmm...I guess it's kinda similar, but not enough to ruin it for me. Well, I'm not even that big on the song actually. It's good and shit, but nothing like the old stuff.
30.05.2007 - 18:14
Icewings
La Luna
Well I await for the new album , the new song is ok anyways I will always Love you Kim jeje !
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
30.05.2007 - 20:40
APOHAKC
The Bard
Yea Kim Petretseon rueksl, GOdc n notshing better than bo lsiten kingsd diamnon whgilde drunk y eah
----
01.06.2007 - 02:01
Well, I don't know too much about the guy, but I've some good tunes, some bad ones too, but what I really can't figure out is whether he is to be taken serious or not (I mean his show IS sort of theatrical)... I couldn't tell from from the concert I went to. (Great live sound, though)
----
Hell ain't a bad place...
01.06.2007 - 13:55
APOHAKC
The Bard
King Diamond make the best live shows I have ever been, all othe concerts are stupid, boring or good, but his shows are once in a lifetime. After returning from King Diamond gig I have pics of that show in my head for three mounths, it was like some theater play with the best music in the world.. It was awesome, I took some friends with me who weren't King's fans, until then, King Diamond is only thing they listen..

Pics on first page of this thread
----
02.06.2007 - 16:21
Tarzan
Account deleted
It's obvious that the new song has the painkiller riff in it but it kick ass anyway. I think that the version of the song that can be found on net is a raw mix and I'm expecting that the mixed material will be much much better.
According to King himself and to the Never Ending Hill song,new album will be one of his masterpieces and can stand along with albums like Abigail,Them & Conspiracy.
Can't hardly wait for him to come again in these area,his shows are absolutly the best shows ever.
10.06.2007 - 12:33
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
A 30-minute audio interview with King Diamond (conducted on 04.06.2007 by E.S. Day of Vancouver's Abort Magazine) has been made available for download here.
10.06.2007 - 19:02
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by White Winter Sun on 10.06.2007 at 12:33

A 30-minute audio interview with King Diamond (conducted on 04.06.2007 by E.S. Day of Vancouver's Abort Magazine) has been made available for download here.

Thanx for this man, it is awesome!!!
----
11.06.2007 - 14:11
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Man one kD album I mean lyrics its like one novel, epic book, story, drama, tragedy in one its like good OLD SCHOOL horror movie
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.06.2007 - 17:54
Tarzan
Account deleted
Finally I did listen promo cd from King's new album Give Me Your Soul...Please
What can I say?
I'm speachless...
If this album is not a work of art of King's material from last 10 years back-than that work of art will never be made.
This album is totaly mind blowing My jaw hit the floor after first listening,which had happens to me almoust once of twice of all music I've had ever hear.
Maby I'm still under impression of the album,maby I'll change my mind after week or two,but for now the only thing that will be played in my home is Give Me Your Soul...Please, untill I learn every word from it only from hearing,not by reading lyrics.
Long Live The King \m/
13.06.2007 - 04:23
Frost/bitten
Account deleted
The King is just that a King... Im really looking forward to the new album... Im sure he has delivered a masterpiece for us... Its on my wishlist now.
13.06.2007 - 14:26
APOHAKC
The Bard
I also listen to promo version now. And it is one of the best albums I heard in last few years. production is maybe little strange but this is only promo, it will surely be better when my CD arrives. King is screaming and singing great again, little lower than before but all elements of his voice are still here, especially celestic and deep vocals that we best remember from Mercyful Fate albums. Guitar riffs are amazing, there are a lot of trashy riffs, along with middle registres harmonies and even some power metal?! Yeah, I am pretty sure that there are few power metalish influenced riffs. Solos are fantastic, Andi is really setting us on fire with on this album. And bass and drums batteries are ok, they create good rhytm section but I still prefer old King Diamond bassists especially Timi Hansen and one and only Kris Estes and their style of playing (Kris bass lines on Voodoo album, amazing). In one word, album is great, it is really fantastic, what suprised me a little is album's speed, it is one of the most speedest King Diamond albums, fast guitar riffs and chaotic but in the same time melodic solos - weird. Awesome album (how many times I wrote that), and I can't wait to here CD without those stupid you are listening... but I should be happy that I even got this promo version. One is the King and his name is not Elvis, long live the King!!
----
15.06.2007 - 00:56
Germ
Account deleted
If the album doesn't come out soon I am going to shit my pants. I love King D. Awesome musician. My fav's would have to be Abigail and Puppet Master, but I have a really good feeling about this one coming up!

I actually prefer Mercyful Fate to King D, but still.... i am burning up with anticipation.
20.06.2007 - 02:04
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
His music is among the best I've ever heard. I remember when I first heard of him, saw his picture than, got some music, man I never thought anyone like that could sing so high. Abigail is probably my favorite by him. His new album is bound to be interesting!
20.06.2007 - 02:14
4look4rd
The Sasquatch
He has the most unic vocal style, and an excenelt technique, I think its just amazing when he use voice splits, its just amazing.

One of my fav song by him is House of God, the riffs and the double bass at the beggining of the song are just perfect
----
24.06.2007 - 09:20
Jason W.
Razorbliss
staff
I like the new CD, it's certain to satisfy King diehards for sure. I don't feel it's his best, but each track is as strong as the next. The guitar melodies are catchy, but it's no genre-breaking riff-fest. It'll add a couple of songs to the live set, but it's not going to change my opinions that he peaked in the late 80s, particularly since his vocals on this new one are very safe for King's standards. I mean, I hold King to high standards, as well as Andi, so a "good" disc by them would be a great disc by a lesser band, but still, give me "Them" anyday.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley