Metal Storm logo
King Diamond

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 04.02.2007 - 14:35
i've only recently discovered his work with his self-titled band, and i gotta tell you: THEY FUCKING OWN!!
and every single time that some band comes here of which i haven't heard any songs, the case with nightwish and king diamond, i download their stuff and get COMPLETELY hooked up on them.
his high pitched shrieks aren't exactly halford impersonations but he definetely has unbelievably evil voices. not to mention the "funeral" track from "abigail", where the man reciting it(king himself?) sounds 100% gollum.
now i'm desperately waiting another show from him, as i understand he is a god onstage.
24.06.2007 - 19:47
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Another audio interview with King Diamond, conducted by "The Governor's Ball", has been made available for download at this location.
24.06.2007 - 20:44
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by 4look4rd on 20.06.2007 at 02:14

One of my fav song by him is House of God, the riffs and the double bass at the beggining of the song are just perfect

Yeah, I also really love that song, it is shame they rarely played that song during their career, and I am not sure are they playing any song from that album. They almost never played most of my favorite songs, and they don't play Voodoo album anymore
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
25.06.2007 - 03:24
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I was just looking listening to the new album Give Me Your Soul...Please

It's a flawless album from beginning to end! The solos are awesome and it has solid inventive riffs in every song...
26.06.2007 - 19:23
CrypticMyth
Metal Scientist
^^I agree.

Give Me Your Soul... Please is a fucking masterpiece. The more I listen to it, the more I like it! There are some very cool riffs on the album - catchy and memorable. It's hogging my playlist as of now.
----
"You're all the same, the lot of you, with your long hair and faggot clothes. Drugs, sex, every sort of filth. And you hate the police, don't you? You make it easy."
28.06.2007 - 05:22
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
God I'm such a fucking dumbass. If I didn't get wasted on Monday night before, during, and after the Dying Fetus show, I probably would have remembered that the new album comes out the next day. eh I'll have to wake up early (like 11 AM) so I can buy it before work tomorrow.
28.06.2007 - 14:01
APOHAKC
The Bard
I ordered my copy, cause I am to lazy to go to CD shop, and plus I used to work there and after I got fired I am little embaressed to go there, yeah, only one metal shop in novi sad lol

@Kap'N Korrupt and Cryptic Myth - yup, riffs on this album are very good, they can be really compared with some old albums, very good album indeed, music is awesome. Just little miss King's screams, it is great how he is singing now too, but just little miss the old scream.
----
28.06.2007 - 17:49
Tarzan
Account deleted
Written by Dangerboner on 28.06.2007 at 05:22

God I'm such a fucking dumbass. If I didn't get wasted on Monday night before, during, and after the Dying Fetus show, I probably would have remembered that the new album comes out the next day. eh I'll have to wake up early (like 11 AM) so I can buy it before work tomorrow.

Lucky you! You can just get up and buy legal copy whenever you want. We here must order it from other countries.
I'm going to Type O show next week in other country and I'm happy about it but I'm more hapier that I'll buy new KD from there I think that I read somewhere that the booklet will be over 20 pages and that will be very cool.
I've allready said that this album can stand along with the classic albums of King Diamond.
And the scream is here,just listen carefuly
29.06.2007 - 00:20
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Well I bought it today and I agree with Aronax - the music is great, but I miss King Diamond's high shrieks. He sings higher on the new album than he did on The Puppet Master, but it still isn't anything spectacular. There are so many fucking guitar solos though, and the overall production is great.

I still haven't been able to look at the layout and read the lyrics yet. Every time I buy a King Diamond album, I sit in my chair and read the story with the music. I hope the concept is fucked up!
17.07.2007 - 03:18
KryptoN
imperceptible
I found the new album very boring... (It might open up more after more plays, but I'm not holding high hopes.) Initial feelings: The production is completely powerless and the album feels way too generic with the standard riffs and empty solos, the drumming especially bores me to death. I haven't heard any other full albums by King Diamond but I've heard 5-10 random songs from earlier albums and I'd say they were much better than anything on this new album. There are some good moments though, "The Floating Head" was probably my favorite (the only song I can single out really). And all around the album there are moments of decency, but those moments are quickly over and the whole thing collapses into some generic riffing or something that has been made millions of times already. And I'd say the second half of the album felt much more consistent. ("Shapes of Black" was horrible though.)

But this is coming from someone who is not really into heavy/power metal, so it's a bit biased in a way. I'm sure fans of this kind of stuff will find it great though. There's nothing "wrong" in the album but there's not one distinguishable side to this album IMO.

I'll see if my opinion changes after a few more spins, but I don't feel like going back to this album in a while.
20.07.2007 - 15:34
Hellish Star

I like the new album, long time the King made such a good one.... The songs are good, vocals awesome as usual and the solo's are incredible!. For me one of the highlights from 2007 until now...
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
20.07.2007 - 16:02
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Hellish Star - Definetely, I was impressed with an album and I was so exited to see him in concert again, but it seams he fucked up his backs or something so he canceled whole tour.. Bad news
----
04.08.2007 - 05:28
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Hellish Star on 20.07.2007 at 15:34

vocals awesome as usual and the solo's are incredible!.

I have to agree about the solo's. However, I think the vocals on this album are a bit weak. I don't really blame the King for this, we cannot expect from him to keep his wide vocal range forever. He is also getting older, and I think this is the first album that it is really noticeable. The vocals are more melodic now, they are less focused on range and all kind of weird laughters(haha). It is different, and I like it, I just prefered the vocals from the earlier albums, or the original approach he had on The Puppet Master.
04.08.2007 - 12:16
Hellish Star

Written by APOHAKC on 20.07.2007 at 16:02

@Hellish Star - Definetely, I was impressed with an album and I was so exited to see him in concert again, but it seams he fucked up his backs or something so he canceled whole tour.. Bad news

I hope to see them in 2008. A friend of mine like to oganise the concert of King Diamond in a church.... Would be incredible cool....
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
04.08.2007 - 17:48
APOHAKC
The Bard
HAHAHA

Good luck with that, it would be awesome, if that is gonna happen, please inform me, I wouldn't miss that for anything in the world.
----
17.09.2007 - 20:09
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Hellish Star on 04.08.2007 at 12:16

I hope to see them in 2008. A friend of mine like to oganise the concert of King Diamond in a church.... Would be incredible cool....

I dont thik theres a church that would let him in.
----
30.09.2007 - 12:10
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Hellish Star on 04.08.2007 at 12:16

I would sooooooooooo want to go to that, if it came to fruition

Now, I've really been digging KD's material again, totally addicted to his falsetto vox and the guitar work.

The drumming is also fun to listen to, simple, but pleasing to the ears, almost perfect
30.09.2007 - 18:15
APOHAKC
The Bard
@Opium - not almost perfect, everything King Diamond ever made IS perfect
----
04.10.2007 - 03:47
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
King Diamond is one of my heroes. I used to have an obsession with him. ALthough his earlier albums (including Merciful Fate) register very deeply with me, my favorite album is actually Puppet Master. Don't ask me why, I know it's strange. It's a great album, though.
04.10.2007 - 09:09
Opium
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 30.09.2007 at 18:15

Hahahahaha, touché Aronax
17.10.2007 - 21:46
Dreamwar_86
To Arms!
I like his old stuff albums like Fatal Portrait ,Abigail and Conspiracy are really somwthing out of this world

i love the song Lurking in the dark its soo deep
----
Stay Metal !!!
01.12.2007 - 01:02
bucky01403
Account deleted
King's falsetto is one of the finer things in life that one can experience.
03.12.2007 - 02:51
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by Guest on 04.10.2007 at 09:09

Written by APOHAKC on 30.09.2007 at 18:15

Hahahahaha, touché Aronax

Yea, touche too you too
----
13.01.2008 - 14:11
Son of Odin

All hail the King! Damn great!
My top 3 albums with the King:
Them
Conspiracy
Abigail
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
19.01.2008 - 12:53
kain686

fuck my soul please i don't like it
20.01.2008 - 23:16
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
I still need to hear the new King album.
I love how he adds the humour side of things to 'horror' themed albums.
One of my favourite songs is "I Am" off The Graveyard, the court case part is funny.
21.01.2008 - 07:32
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah...I can never take a lot of the horror themes in any of his music too seriously because of the humor side of it...especially The Graveyard album...that album I can't take too seriously...
05.07.2008 - 22:17
Anders Hansson
Account deleted
Is K.Ds new album any good?
06.07.2008 - 22:44
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Anders Hansson
Written by Guest on 25.06.2007 at 03:24

I was just looking listening to the new album Give Me Your Soul...Please

It's a flawless album from beginning to end! The solos are awesome and it has solid inventive riffs in every song...

To quote myself
09.07.2008 - 22:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Valentin B on 09.07.2008 at 22:51

@kap'n quoting yourself is awesome!!

Fuck Yeah!

i used to really like the dude, as you can see in my first post, but i've lost my interest in him, the only stuff i still like are Welcome Home, Abigail and Dressed In White. i liked the album Abigail, i think it's his best out of his stuff that i've listened to... does any other album come close?
10.07.2008 - 02:30
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
^^^ Fatal Portrait is savage, "Them" is pretty good and has one of their best songs, and Conspiracy has some great moments, but nothing can beat Abigail.