Metal Storm logo
Mariangela Demurtas - Tristania's Singer To Release Debut Solo Album

Tristania's singer Mariangela "Mary" Demurtas has officially announced that she will be releasing a debut solo album soon. She explains you shouldn't expect it to sound like Tristania but you can already watch the first teaser for Demurtas' forthcoming solo album which is available below and hear some of the material.

Demurtas explains: "This work brings you ten songs that have been maturing in my head for the last two years and finally, they will be available for all of you that have been following my path with Tristania. Even being aware that my career has been mostly linked to the Gothic Metal genre, which I really praise, there's much more about me and my musical roots that people should know about. So, this time I felt I should release something that would honestly represent what my heart wishes to speak, by stepping away from the over produced music that sometimes doesn't let the message be clear.

"Writing a solo record isn't perhaps the easiest task in the world because after all you will have to deal mostly with your doubts and fears when trying to find the song that represents you and what you wish to speak, but at the end of the day it is indeed a very rewarding process that lets you know more and more about yourself. I guess that's the purpose of art... Learning through expression. This album will bring you some honest, simple, clear half-acoustic songs, that obviously, talk about my life experiences, and mostly the way I look at the world we're living. Hope you can all connect to it somehow.

"I believe, my metal brothers and sisters will like this album even though it doesn't sound like Tristania or any of my other projects. I am already considering the next one; maybe in Italian or Sardinian? I don't know yet, but either way more information will follow in the next few months. I am just getting started."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Tristania
Posted: 07.09.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 111 users
07.09.2014 - 23:15
Reaper_Redeemer

08.09.2014 - 00:13
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
The only female band singer who did a solo project which i liked is Julie Christmas, that i remember
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
08.09.2014 - 11:52
s_t_s

Not my cup of tea but I hope that the next Tristania album will be as good as Darkest White (only album I know of that band )
10.09.2014 - 10:52
cobrapel
Concept One
11.09.2014 - 20:20
Ernis
狼獾
Ma suona molto bene! Brava ragazza. Dovrebbe sicuramente fare un disco anche in italiano or sardo!

(Sounds good! Awesome girl! She should make an Italian or Sardianian album as well for sure!)
(The source material was subbed, so was my reaction...)

Hits total: 3672 | This month: 5