Metal Storm logo
And Justice For Art - Stories About Heavy Metal Album Covers

If you are into album covers, this might be right up your alley. Veteran metal/rock journalist Ramón "Oscuro" Martos just unveiled the cover artwork for his upcoming book ...And Justice For Art: Stories About Heavy Metal Album Covers. This is a one-of-a-kind collection of stories, stunning graphics, and revealing interviews about the making of some of the greatest album covers in the history of heavy metal. It includes all the particulars behind artworks as iconic as Slayer's Reign In Blood, Morbid Angel's Blessed Are The Sick, Metallica's And Justice For All, Death's Symbolic, Carcass Heartwork, Black Sabbath's 13, Cormorant's Dwellings, At The Gates' Slaughter Of The Soul, Testament's Dark Roots Of Earth, Opeth's Heritage, Mayhem's Grand Declaration Of War, and dozens of others.

After 3 years researching, interviewing and hunting for images, the And Justice For Art book is finished and ready to go to the printer. Get involved in funding the printing of the book via their Indiegogo campaign. The perks are many, including your name in the book and signed stuff!

Here is the promotional video showcasing excerpts from a print test of the And Justice For Art book.

Source: facebook.com
Posted: 07.09.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 51 users
08.09.2014 - 00:54
chronic-headache

Opeth's heritage is Iconic? Controversial? Yes, a defining point the in the bands career? Oh yeah. Awesome artwork? You betcha, but Iconic?
Would have said blackwater park would be ICONIC, as it is by far their most popular and (IMO) artistic climax...though I prefer deliverance, but my opinion is just that.

anyways, I like the idea of this book. Def. cant wait!
08.09.2014 - 01:16
quirin

Ironically the cover of the book itself is terrible. It's gotta be the worst skull ever drawn in the metal history.
But I'm still gonna buy it.

Hits total: 5211 | This month: 4