Metal Storm logo
Amaranthe - Release New Single, Available For Streaming

Your favourite guilty pleasure Amaranthe just released a new single today called Drop Dead Cynical. You are in luck because the band is also streaming it online which means you can listen to it here! Massive Addictive is the name of their upcoming new album. So, enjoy the new song and tell us, is it addictive?

The band's third album Massive Addictive will be out on October 15th (Japan), October 17th (Europe), October 20th (UK), and October 21st (USA) via Spinefarm Records.

Guitarist Olof Mörck said of the track: "The first piece of music to be released from Massive Addictive is a very representative track. 'Drop Dead Cynical' is as massive as it is addictive. This ultra groovy song is a markedly different first single compared to classical Amaranthe single choices, and it takes our trademark sound in fresh and exciting new directions! Top that off with an anthemic chorus, and the result is what I consider one of the absolutely strongest Amaranthe songs ever!"

Single Artwork

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Amaranthe
Posted: 09.09.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 134 users
09.09.2014 - 21:57
WinterMadness
If Britney Spears played nu metal...

It's catchy, but not in a good way.
09.09.2014 - 22:09
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Hope they have catchier tunes. Not that this one is horrible, but one of the things I also liked about this band was the energy generated by their more aggressive, fast tunes. This one is mid-paced and seems boring.
09.09.2014 - 22:12
Byners
Naah... Try again :/
----
"Seize the day or die regretting the time you lost..."
09.09.2014 - 22:44
CyberSymphony
Ollie
That was quite terrible, the Nexus was a least fun but this doesn't come close.
09.09.2014 - 22:51
SceneryOfLoss
Massive Shit.
09.09.2014 - 23:13
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Agree with the Britney references.. Horrible!!
09.09.2014 - 23:50
Sword_Chant
Really average song, but Elize is still hot lol.
10.09.2014 - 00:50
Ilham
Giant robot
^Hurr durr that comment lol.
10.09.2014 - 02:31
Ruchesko
Reckon Olof is pondering trying out for Eurovision 2015?
10.09.2014 - 05:09
musclassia
staff
Yeah not close to the fun levels of the nexus, just dull and tacky sounding
10.09.2014 - 06:52
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
Agreed with everyone here, where's the energy this band is known for?

... Hopefully this is the stinker song of the album.

Quote:
the result is what I consider one of the absolutely strongest Amaranthe songs ever!

*face palm*
----
pewpew.. gotcha
10.09.2014 - 09:31
annodomini
Ok, what do we have here: first two albums had two great singles - Hunger and Nexus, which perfectly described whole sound of those albums. Now we have a disappointing song, so does this mean album would be disappointing too? Hope not, but I would'nt be surprised. They said, that we feel Amaranthe spirit, but the sound will be a bit different. So probably this one will be a letdown and then they will be back to an original sound, because it's a project, which don't want to loose a fast growing fan base.
----
the riddle wants to be...
10.09.2014 - 09:53
andreosokin
SOUNDERY
Aw, come on guys, this song is awesome And I'm not a fan of Amaranthe, I only bought a few songs
10.09.2014 - 12:33
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
Just listened to the whole song, man that shit is horrible The fact that so many are liking them only because of the very hot looking Elize just says something about their actual music
10.09.2014 - 20:06
Eccer
Wow, that was horrible.
10.09.2014 - 20:35
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
This song is bad ass.. I don't know why some of you are bitching and complaining. The reason why this band is so amazing and unique is that they constantly push boundaries and create their own style of music. They aren't pop, they arent even necessarily "metal".. they aren't rammstein and they aren't Marilyn manson either.. they are Amaranthe!!

And another thing, the text above is a YouTube comment. I just felt this thread needed some positivity and enthusiasm.
10.09.2014 - 21:06
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Somehow 'bad ass' seems far more pejorative than it would seem if you typed 'badass' instead
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
10.09.2014 - 22:45
Shmyt
It's catchy but lacks their usual flair, maybe it was just a poor choice as a sample song, I hope this isn't all they bring with the new album; I really want to see them break their mould sometime soon

Hits total: 2639 | This month: 5