Metal Storm logo
Symphony X - Begin Recording New Album

American progressive/power metal veterans Symphony X enter the studio this week to begin recording the follow-up to 2011's Iconoclast for an early 2015 release. In a recent interview with United Rock Nations, bassist Michael LePond confirms that they will start with the drums, and with all the recording and then the promotion, they hope to have a new album out for the spring.

He continued: "The songs are ready to go. We have ten songs. We may record nine or ten; we'll see how it goes."

Regarding the musical direction of the new record: "Stylistically, it's not as heavy as Iconoclast was. If I had to compare, I would say that it's a combination of The Odyssey and Paradise Lost ? something in there. It has a lot of classic Symphony X elements in it, which I think a lot of our fans were missing for a few years. So I think our fans will really like this one. It really just focuses on solid songwriting."

Michael LePond also discusses his solo project and debut album Mike LePond's Silent Assassins.

Source: youtube.com
Band profile: Symphony X
Posted: 11.09.2014 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 142 users
11.09.2014 - 11:47
Zap
Quote:
Stylistically, it's not as heavy as Iconoclast was.
Wait, this isn't your heaviest, brutalest, fastestest, bestest album yet? Are you even trying Symphony X?
11.09.2014 - 12:02
Lethrokai
Well, if they're going further into The Odyssey's kind of sound, I'll be looking forward to this.
Honestly, I've not been that big of a fan of their last two releases. V and The Odyssey were the top of their game for me.

That being said, I hope we're still looking forward to something new, and not just a replication of the same sound we heard over a decade ago.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.
11.09.2014 - 16:06
BaneConall
Fart Enthusiast
Wait, I thought Michael Romeo did most of the songwriting?
11.09.2014 - 21:41
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
I'm pretty sure I'll check it out.
12.09.2014 - 09:00
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I hope it's not as arduous as Iconoclast. I liked the soul that's within Paradise Lost much more
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.

Hits total: 2535 | This month: 6