Metal Storm logo
Leviathan - New Album Planned For 2015

In a recent interview with Steel For Brains, Jef Stuart "Wrest" Whitehead, the man behind Leviathan and Lurker Of Chalice, has talked about his music, personal life and profession as a tattoo artist. He has also revealed that the new Leviathan album will be titled Scar Sighted and is to be released in early 2015 through Profound Lore Records.

When talking about the material of the new album, he says that "there's a lot of death metal played around the house, and I think maybe it shows on this record."

Furthermore, about the possibility of new Lurker Of Chalice albums, he says: "I plan to release demos of all my various attempts at music with our budding label, Devout Records. Obviously, there will be some Lurkings."

You can read the whole interview here.

The recordings for Scar Sighted began last year.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Leviathan
Posted: 11.09.2014 by mz

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 63 users
11.09.2014 - 12:10
Ilham
Giant robot

YES YES YES
11.09.2014 - 12:11
mz

He sound's much less like an asshole and more clear in this interview compared to the previous ones.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
11.09.2014 - 12:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Has Wrest ever come across as asshole? At worst he's inarticulate but I think that's because he's socially awkward. I mean in interviews by the way, not anything involving needles and girlfriends.

As for this, I'm hoping it doesn't carry on the sound of the last album which was a bit meh. Unless it's a whole album of songs like Contrary Pulse that is.
11.09.2014 - 13:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Yeah, I'm going to save up my excitement since the previous album was definitely on the meh side. Still interested though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
11.09.2014 - 19:59
V01d

Finally. Haven't gave all of True Traitor, True Whore a listen, but I did enjoy the rerecording of Blood Red and True. I just wish he'd re-RE-release the Lurker of Chalice debut. Looking forward to this hopefully not sucking.
11.09.2014 - 20:19
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Excited.
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
11.09.2014 - 20:25
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
A new LoC would be good news, but Leviathan? hmm...
I still think im gonna take a look at this but my impression is that im not gonna be much impressed
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
12.09.2014 - 04:35
Electes

The only music I really like from Wrest is Lurker of Chalice. Leviathan has always sounded underwhelming to me. I'm glad he's working on some 'lurkings' though

Hits total: 3056 | This month: 9