Metal Storm logo
Defination And Dispute

05.02.2007 - 09:35
R.o.S
Account deleted
I'm new to doom and "gothic" metal. Been sticking with Power for a long time, and never really got into black, and merely some melo death.

After hearing some death doom bands, i've decided to check out the doom and gothic scene.

1)Firstly doom metal. From where did it come from? Straight from sabbath? Or was there another band in between? And what are the main subgerens in doom? Are Funeral, Drone, Sludge "legal" terms?

2)As far as i know, nightwish and within temptation aren't gothic metal. I've read up lots of arcticles on MS, and it made me even more confused.

-Where did gothic come from? Power metal? Lol.
-What are First Wave Gothic bands, and how did the genre evolve?
-Are bands like Lullacry, Entwine, Poisonblack, Charon considered gothic?

3)Gothic VS Suomi Metal
-Aren't they the same? OR?
05.02.2007 - 13:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
1) www.doom-metal.com
enciclopedia of doom

Well if some slow blues are doom then yeas but Black Sabath was first doom band then Witchfounder Generel, Pagan Altar, St. Vitus, Pentagram, Count Raven, Candlemass those fas firts bands of traditional doom, but folow to link what I give to you

About other genres death/doom it was Paradise Lost whit Album ''Lost Paradise'' and then My Dying Bride, Winter, Anathema and so on, but black/doom it was iMO Katatonia whit ''Danec of Dacember Souls''

But read article lsiten all samples and go true bands you will underdsatdn

2)Nop Gothic are big family like doom and firts bands was like in 80ties how Systers of Mercy and Type o Negative its not corect say gothic metal are wfit female vocals because such supgerre came leither in early 90ties was full whit such bands gothic/doom too

Band slike Nightwish its power/shyphonic/orchestral whit elements
www.gothmetal.net + all my posts in gothic treads here in MS

well we can say so about those bands

3)We can say so
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.02.2007 - 14:14
APOHAKC
The Bard
3) I wouldn't agree at this one, I don't like Suomi metal much and I like Goth a lot so they can't be the same, I think that first Goth metal was much different than today, but I already wrote this somewere on this forum, I think Kariasakis will correct me again but for me Tiamat, Paradise Lost, Type O Negative, London After Midnight... are goth bands and Suomi Goth is little bit different thn those bands...
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.02.2007 - 14:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by APOHAKC on 05.02.2007 at 14:14

3) I wouldn't agree at this one, I don't like Suomi metal much and I like Goth a lot so they can't be the same, I think that first Goth metal was much different than today, but I already wrote this somewere on this forum, I think Kariasakis will correct me again but for me Tiamat, Paradise Lost, Type O Negative, London After Midnight... are goth bands and Suomi Goth is little bit different thn those bands...

Ye sbut Suomi metal are freezed ok maybe text/lyrcs are good but music something nor like German such style gothic bands its something I dunno one hit not album music
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing