Metal Storm logo
ProgPower USA 2015 - Line-Up Revealed

This year's edition of ProgPower USA is concluded today in Atlanta, Georgia with Masterplan, Pain Of Salvation, Jon Oliva's Pain and more performing on the final day. As usual, the organizers are already announcing the bands that will perform on the next edition. The ProgPower USA XVI presents a stellar line-up. Among the bands which will be performing we find Anathema, Falconer, Anubis Gate, Angra, Riverside, and Persefone. You can expect plenty of special sets next year, including the final live performance of Falconer.

ProgPower USA XVI will take place from Friday September 11th to Saturday September 12th, 2015. Tickets will go on sale on October 4th, 2014 via Ticketmaster.

2015 roster:

September 11th:
  • Anathema (UK)
  • Falconer (Sweden) - last live performance ever!
  • Voyager (Australia) - fans pick the setlist
  • Morgana Lefay (Sweden)
  • Anubis Gate (Denmark)
  • Hibria (Brazil)

September 12th:
  • Angra (Brazil) - performing Holy Land in its entirety
  • Royal Hunt (Denmark/USA) - performing Paradox in its entirety
  • Riverside (Poland)
  • Dynazty (Sweden)
  • Persefone (Andorra)
  • Helker (Argentina)

Falconer decided that this show at ProgPower USA XVI will be their last. From that moment on, they will be purely a studio band.

Here is their statement posted on Facebook: "As the news has been dropped that we won't continue as a live act we take the opportunity to explain, not that it really differs much from the state the band usually is in. As I (Stefan Weinerhall) started Falconer in 1999 it was meant to be a studio project. I have always looked upon myself as a writer more than an artist, the creative work has been the reason and driving force. We started doing some shows after a while but never really going all in although the shows themselves was really rewarding, fun and filled with fond memories. It is due to conscious decisions that we have built the band up around our obligations, work schedules and family lives so there is no bitterness to this decision although the decisions were harder to make in the early years when everything started rolling. If we're not a proper live act we're better of as the studio project we were meant to be.

"The inconsistency of doing very few shows with huge gaps between them has meant that we've had to start up the rusty machinery from scratch each time. So now as we all are becoming grumpy old men, we realise that the output don't match the input although the experiences from the past gigs have been great! We owe it to our fans and ourselves to do some more appearances before becoming even more reclusive than we already are, haha! So for 2015 we have looked into our windows of opportunity and seen which festivals we CAN do. Those festivals are now contacted and know of the exclusivity in the offer. So with this I hope that those of you who really want to catch us a last time will succeed, even though we haven't directly booked a world tour!

"Cheers from the metal minstrels from the north! Stefan, Mathias, Karsten, Jimmy and Magnus."

Source: facebook.com
  • Posted: 13.09.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
    Comments: 11   Visited by: 89 users
    13.09.2014 - 16:45
    BloodTears
    ANA-thema
    If this isn't prog heaven, I don't know what is. But I'm a bit concerned about what will happen to Falconer. Their last show, does this mean they are breaking up? Not performing live ever again?

Amazing line-up though. Ivor, go with me
    ----
    Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
    13.09.2014 - 18:46
    Rulatore

Written by BloodTears on 13.09.2014 at 16:45

But I'm a bit concerned about what will happen to Falconer. Their last show, does this mean they are breaking up? Not performing live ever again?

Yes, their last one was good, I was hoping for more.
    13.09.2014 - 19:04
    BloodTears
    ANA-thema
    Written by Rulatore on 13.09.2014 at 18:46

They just released a statement explaining this. They will just be a studio band from now on. So, at least they will continue to release albums I'm more relieved now.

And I agree with you. It's a good album. At least better than the previous one.
    ----

My Instagram
    13.09.2014 - 19:29
    Rulatore

Written by BloodTears on 13.09.2014 at 19:04

Written by Rulatore on 13.09.2014 at 18:46

They just released a statement explaining this. They will just be a studio band from now on. So, at least they will continue to release albums I'm more relieved now.

And I agree with you. It's a good album. At least better than the previous one.

Oh, great then. Of course I'ld like to see them, but unless they come down here, it isn't possible

And I thought it was better than most of what I've heard from them. Which one would sound better than this latest one ?
    13.09.2014 - 19:35
    fandango68

Some great bands there no doubt, but from a European perspective I'm a little puzzled about the order of some of the bands...

Angra headlining after having released only one mediocre album in what will be 9 years? Don't get me wrong, Iike Angra, but...

also, Anubis Gate, only 2nd on the bill after 4/5 really strong Prog Metal albums? and Riverside THIRD??

----
    First gig was Manowar (loincloths 'n' all), Bristol Colston Hall in March 1983, on the 'Hail to England' tour. Tickets were £3.75, 300 in the audience, Mercyful Fate never showed, but my hearing still got seriously trashed..
    13.09.2014 - 19:58
    Bad English
    Tage Westerlund
    Why Falconer wont play live ever ?
    ----
    Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
    apos;'
    [image]
    I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
    13.09.2014 - 20:25
    BloodTears
    ANA-thema
    Written by Rulatore on 13.09.2014 at 19:29

Oh, great then. Of course I'ld like to see them, but unless they come down here, it isn't possible

And I thought it was better than most of what I've heard from them. Which one would sound better than this latest one ?

My favourite Falconer album is without a doubt their debut, "Falconer". They will probably never top that. More recently, I also like "Northwind". So, I suggest those two and also "Chapters From A Vale Forlorn"

Have you listened to any of those?
    ----

My Instagram
    13.09.2014 - 20:25
    BloodTears
    ANA-thema
    Written by Bad English on 13.09.2014 at 19:58

Why Falconer wont play live ever ?

They will just be a studio band from now on, just release albums.
    ----

My Instagram
    13.09.2014 - 20:58
    Fat & Sassy!

I wish Angra would just do a US tour already. I may have to go to this just for them. ;_;
    13.09.2014 - 21:11
    Rulatore

Written by BloodTears on 13.09.2014 at 20:25

Written by Rulatore on 13.09.2014 at 19:29

My favourite Falconer album is without a doubt their debut, "Falconer". They will probably never top that. More recently, I also like "Northwind". So, I suggest those two and also "Chapters From A Vale Forlorn"

Have you listened to any of those?

Didn't heard any of them, be sure I'll check them out and let you know what I thought, thanks !
    13.09.2014 - 21:43
    Necrodamus

Looks like this is the last and only opportunity I will have to ever see Falconer live. A shame that they're only continuing as a studio band, but I guess they will do what they must. Hoping I can make it to Atlanta to see them off.

Hits total: 3478 | This month: 6