03. Behold The Horned King
04. Tan Pinga Ra Tan
05. Finganfor
06. Vercingetorix
07. Celtia
08. Some Tunes To Fly
09. TinGaraLaTinGa Dun ? The Dwarves Rebellion
10. MacDara

The first Full-length album of these Brazilian took me by complete surprise the first time I listened, I was already a fan of the band because their Demo ?99 was great, It had a poor production, but still was very creative and innovative.

For those clueless about Tuatha De Danann music, they play Folk Metal, and for those clueless about Folk Metal I'm going to explain it for the last time, is mainly Power Metal with Celtic elements, and like the title implies, folkish sounds [whistles, violins, mandolins etc], on top of this, clear and grunted vocals, and some female voices too.

It may sound really weird in the first listen, but trust me, you?ll get use to it. Why weird? Well, the whole album has this ?Happy? vibe and some strange voices [the creatures of the woods??], but trust me that is funny when a fully grown man tries to impersonate the voice of a dwarf [just listen to 'Tingaralatin Dum ? The Dwarves Rebellion' and 'Fingaforn'].

But weirdness apart, the album is full of excellent moments and killer songs, like 'Behold The Horned King' a great song, containing with catchy lines to sing-along; 'Tan Pinga Ra Tan' another great tune, 'Somes Tunes To Fly' filled to the brim with folky instruments, and featuring beautiful female vocals. 'Celtia' is a instrumental track that takes you to the most distant forests, to take a walk among fairies and other magical creatures?

If you like bands like Cruachan and Elvenking, Tuatha De Danann is the band for you! I don's know who was the first band that came with the idea of mixing Irish and Celtic Folk elements with Heavy Metal, and I don's know how come a Brazilian band decided to take this musical path, but these guys sure succeed in creating the right atmosphere for this kind of music, because this album is simply marvelous. Trust me on this one, get this album, you won's regret it!

Written by Undercraft | 30.10.2003

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 31 users
05.02.2007 - 14:57
Purge
Account deleted
This album is absolutley fantastic from beginning to end! I agree it's weird at first but the songs stay with you even when the cd finishes! One of the best albums i've picked up recently.
17.09.2007 - 19:12
Rating: 8
Rusher

This album is one of my all time favorites, an amazing mix of celtic music with grunted and melodic vocals.
17.06.2009 - 04:26
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Quote:
I don's know how come a Brazilian band decided to take this musical path, but these guys sure succeed in creating the right atmosphere for this kind of music, because this album is simply marvelous.

It's really curious, this geographical absurd Amazing as all Tuatha albums!
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/

Hits total: 3626 | This month: 8