Metal Storm logo
Movie Soundtracks

05.02.2007 - 23:50
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I wasn't really into movie soundtracks, the only one I knew is The Conquest of Paradise, I like it very much, but that was it.
3 weeks ago, a friend gave me 2 ms: Dracula and The Lord of the Rings.
I was impressed, these soundtracks are just awesome, I like specially the atmosphere it creates, I have to admit that it does it better than many metal bands.

So, what movie sountracks do you like? which ones do you recommend?
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
10.02.2007 - 05:12
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Oh one of my favorites is definitely the one from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas. That one is just awesome in every single way

On the other hand, instrumental soundtracks can be genius too! My favorite is the one from Carrie, but have you listened to the soundtrack from Requiem for a Dream? pff that one is brilliant
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
20.02.2007 - 19:45
Danigar
Hey good threat I love movie soundtracks. I wasnt really into them either but then since I became so interested in movies and the way to make them I became interested in the music as well, how makes the movie work so nicely. Well I love John Williams, Im a fan of his work. Evrytime he does the music it almost instantly earn him an award. He has done the famous Star Wars, or ET, Harry Potter well etc etc, so you should check him out. I also love scores by other composers like The Lord Of The Rings or some of of Tim Burton's movies like Linak said are great.
20.02.2007 - 21:29
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Oh yes, I forgot about John Williams, I've heard one or two songs from Harry Potter, but not from other movies, I'll check his music out
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
21.02.2007 - 01:38
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
My favorite soundtrack is from the movie "Office space." It's mostly gangsta rap but that's one of the things Im into and it has some good songs. It also made the Getto boys gain what little recognition they have.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
21.02.2007 - 02:05
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
i'm into Bjork's "selma songs (Dancer in the Dark soundtrack)..This Goddess of Music is a guilty pleasure of mine....and Mogwai's Zidane Soundtrack
21.02.2007 - 06:27
Bitch Boy
The Lord of the Rings is my favorite one, I love that music, really emotional and The LOTR is my favorite movie.
21.02.2007 - 12:15
duyhung
Account deleted
Written by Bitch Boy on 21.02.2007 at 06:27

The Lord of the Rings is my favorite one, I love that music, really emotional and The LOTR is my favorite movie.

yeah,and 'May It Be' is such a beautiful song
22.02.2007 - 14:49
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
Hmm my favourite ones are LOTR, Beowulf, Braveheart, Rock Star and The Piano soundtracks.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
22.02.2007 - 16:20
Warman
Erotic Stains
Rock Star do have a great soundtrack! Gotta love Steel Dragon
----
22.02.2007 - 18:52
Basso
Account deleted
Lord of The Rings, Nekromantik (the theme song is unforgettable) is the two movies that pop up in my head atm... Will return if more stuff pops up.
22.02.2007 - 23:05
darksun
My favourite is requiem for a dream.A touchy thing that will stop all your feelings for sometime.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
10.03.2007 - 04:26
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I like a lot these soundtracks:
- The Matrix
- End Of Days
- The Lord Of The Rings
- Mission: Imposbile 2
- Godzilla
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
10.03.2007 - 07:59
Icewings
La Luna
My dear great thread , and well not because I'm a music person , but I think that sounds is what makes the movie, of course is a movie , the story , setting etc , but well I couldn't imagine Lord of the Rings without the beautiful music it has , or Star wars without the music , when there's action the music is intense , when something is about to happen the music is misterious , when there's a tragedy the music is beautiful and sorrowful , so much it makes you cry , and well etc etc etc .... I love soundstracks and I just like so much movies and their sountracks that the list in endless...
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
10.03.2007 - 08:22
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Staff
The Big Lebowski has a great soundtrack, early kenny rogers and bob dylan and such, great movie with a great soundtrack

one that caught me off guard was the soundtrack for the Devils Rejects, looking at the type of movie and who it was directed by I really wasnt expecting the allman brothers and lynyrd skynyrd, but it created a really good atmosphere which made the movie unique.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
12.03.2007 - 17:34
LethargyMan
I only have one soundtrack that I listen to on any regular basis: the No Coração Dos Deuses by Andreas Kisser and Igor Cavalera. It's an album consisting of Brazilian tribal songs very similar to the stuff on Roots/Chaos A.D. (and one mediocre song with Mike Patton on vocals). Pretty good stuff there - you hear the early forms of some riffs that later became parts of Sepultura/Soulfly songs.

But I really do want to listen to those soundtracks that Pink Floyd did.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
12.03.2007 - 22:53
Rainmaker123
Account deleted
I love Film Soundtracks, my fav would have to be first of all Howard Shore - Lord Of The Rings, simply mind blowing stuff, then Hanz Zimmer - Pirates Of The Carabian.

I have loads of others, but those are the two main ones.
13.03.2007 - 21:45
Icewings
La Luna
Another soundtrack that I find amazing , is from the movie Pan's Labyrinth , it just beautiful and heartbreaking , you can go to the website and listen to the music http://www.panslabyrinth.com/ and here http://www.clubcultura.com/clubcine/clubcineastas/guillermodeltoro/ellaberintodelfauno/
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
13.03.2007 - 22:09
Ernis
狼獾
Years ago I used to listen to LOTR soundtrack a lot.....it is marvellous indeed....at the moment I would point out two very fine soundtracks....the ones of "Snow White, A Tale Of Terror" and of "Jeanne d'Arc, the Messenger".....the latter is simply astonishing with its dark northern atmosphere.....
29.12.2007 - 21:56
Black Winter
One of the best soundtracks I think is the one from 'The Godfather',it touched me and it still does,I also recently listened to the 'Blood Diamond' soundtrack and it's incredible.
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
30.12.2007 - 00:02
Ascalon
The music composed for Howard Shore in The Lord of the Rings, Top Gun's soundtrack (good pop rock 80's music), School of Rock, poor movie... awesome soundtrack (a lot of classics like Rush), and also Rockstar with this imaginary band Steel Dragon
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
10.01.2008 - 17:53
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
"The One" with Jet Li has some kickass soundtrack. Alot of Nu metal, but it souit the movie perfectly. There is a scene where both Jet Lis fight and it goes along with "Blood Brothers" by papa Roach. it's amazing.

And obviously The Good, The Bad and The Ugly by the master of masters Ennio morricone. That has to be the best cowboy movie ever, and it has the best soundtrack.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
12.01.2008 - 22:04
Dernhelm
Account deleted
The soundtracks from the Lotr movies are just amazing , i actually saw Howard shore live in november
12.01.2008 - 23:34
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i own soundtracks to Shrek I and II, Van Helsing, Beowulf 2007 and The Passion Of Christ...and i have got 3CD LOTR : Fellowship Of The Ring soundtrack, but i havent listened it whole yet

and well - i practically everytime enjoy one or two tracks from the CD and the rest is just "average" for me...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

19.01.2008 - 23:06
Valentin B
Iconoclast
my favorite soundtracks are:
-the main theme from LOTR(played when they show the fellowship just after leaving Rivendell, and when Gandalf appears at Helm's Deep)
-the "shire" theme also from LOTR
-the duel of the fates theme from Star Wars episode III
-the love theme from Star Wars episode II
-Darth Vader theme
-the Light Side of The Force theme(played at the very end of episode III and in episode IV when Luke sees the 2 moons setting right after seeing his dead uncle)
-main theme from Star Wars, Godfather, the Good the Bad and the Ugly, Braveheart, Pirates of the Carribean
20.01.2008 - 18:01
Mosquiller
My favorites would be soundtracks from requiem for a dream ('Lux Aeterna', which listening to it while watching the movie took me to another world!), braveheart, godfather and the fountain.
----
Written by Konrad on 10.12.2009 at 22:41

Hey, if you put your mind to something, you can accomplish it...just don't give up.
20.02.2008 - 21:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
i forgot one of the most emotional songs off movies in history(especially how it's used in the film) the main theme from "Schindler's List", unforgettable!
21.02.2008 - 16:09
W-Lash
Metal Master
Bichunmoo (http://imdb.com/title/tt0278351/) is very good film with excellent soundtrack. I have seen this movie like 6 or 7 times but i still want to watch it again.
24.02.2008 - 22:30
soulVIremia
for me... the fountain, requiem for a dream, 300, gattaca, schindler's list, TLOTR, the red violin and many more
05.03.2008 - 18:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
one of the most epic songs i've ever heard is Ennio Morricone's Tuco's Rush of Gold, it's so epic it almost makes me cry lol!