Metal Storm logo
Movie Soundtracks

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 05.02.2007 - 23:50
I wasn't really into movie soundtracks, the only one I knew is The Conquest of Paradise, I like it very much, but that was it.
3 weeks ago, a friend gave me 2 ms: Dracula and The Lord of the Rings.
I was impressed, these soundtracks are just awesome, I like specially the atmosphere it creates, I have to admit that it does it better than many metal bands.

So, what movie sountracks do you like? which ones do you recommend?
11.04.2008 - 23:07
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
The Alamo
Kingdom Of Heaven

Those are my favorite soundtracks right now. Specially the Zandunga version of the first one.
13.04.2008 - 22:22
Pinusar
Account deleted
The music of Stalker by E. Artemiev is fantastic, atmospheric and intertwines with the scenes very well.
21.04.2008 - 19:25
jonquil
Account deleted
its not really metally at all, but the soundtrack to garden state is immense
21.04.2008 - 21:41
Øyvind
Grave Digger
LotR, Football Factory (best underground electronics I've heard in a film), Blade Runner (all hail Vangelis)... I also like the soundtrack from the Russian TV series "Brigada" or "Law of the lawless" as it is translated elsewhere.
----
21.04.2008 - 21:52
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
well it isnt metal but the pulp fiction soundtrack is amazing.
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
21.04.2008 - 23:04
Reizenstein

I'd say Pulp Fiction, Snatch and Kill Bill vol.1 has the coolest soundtracks around in my opinion.
----
Growl
22.04.2008 - 01:50
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Pulp Ficiton is one of best soundtracks, it totaly fits in the idea of movie so thats why is best not cause i like old rock n roll
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
24.06.2008 - 20:15
Cah

soundtracks are:
-the main theme from Lord of the rings (played when they show the fellowship just after leaving and when Gandalf appears at Helm's Deep)
-V for vendetta : 1812 Overture - Tchaikovsky
----
* I´m me, You are Yourself.
Don´t forget this! *
24.06.2008 - 22:57
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
It probably goes along with loving the movie, but I greatly enjoy the OST from 'The Big Lebowski.' Not much to say except it is an excellent collection of songs. Bob Dylan, Captain Beefheart, Elvis Costello, The Gipsy Kings, Nina Simone, Kenny Rogers, ah! Great stuff.
----
The force will be with you, always.
25.06.2008 - 06:42
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Requiem for a Dream has a good soundtrack, from what I've heard. It's something like classical ambient with a hint of industrial.
25.06.2008 - 08:36
nana.MD
Star-Queen
hmm...music is one of the most important things for me in a movie...i could make a list of several songs from different movies but for me the best soundtracks r:

-a clockwork orange
-LoTR
-amelie
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
25.06.2008 - 08:39
Hamird
Lieutenant
1. "How Can I Live" performed by Ill Niño
2. "When Darkness Falls" performed by Killswitch Engage
3. "Beginning of the End" performed by Spineshank
4. "Sun Doesn't Rise" performed by Mushroomhead
5. "Condemned Until Rebirth" performed by Hatebreed
6. "Snap"performed by Slipknot
7. "Army of Me" performed by Chimaira
8. "The After Dinner Payback" performed by From Autumn To Ashes
9. "Leech" performed by Sevendust
10. "Bombshell" performed by Powerman 5000
11. "Welcome to the Strange" performed by Murderdolls
12. "Out of My Way" performed by Seether
13. "Inside the Cynic" performed by Stone Sour
14. "Swinging The Dead" performed by DevilDriver
15. "The Waste" performed by Sepultura with Mike Patton
16. "Middle of Nowhere" performed by The Blank Theory
17. "Ether" performed by Nothingface
18. "Trigger" performed by In Flames
19. "11th Hour" performed by Lamb of God
20. "(We Were) Electrocute" performed by Type O Negative

This was the soundtrack of Freddy vs. Jason. That' s a passable soundtrack. Although there are some cheap bands, but in general it fits with the movie.
25.06.2008 - 17:52
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dangerboner on 25.06.2008 at 06:42

Requiem for a Dream has a good soundtrack, from what I've heard. It's something like classical ambient with a hint of industrial.

the main theme is really great, that damn tune will get stuck in your head for days!
25.06.2008 - 17:57
Valentin B
Iconoclast
I'm more and more in love with the SW soundtracks by the day. about a week ago i also listened to 'battle of the heroes' John Williams is officially my God
30.06.2008 - 07:34
Evican
Ann O'War
My favourite soundtracks are:

Queen Of The Damned
LOTR Trilogy
Pirates Of The Caribbean Trilogy - Hans Zimmer is a musical genious.
Harry Potter Soundtracks - John Williams is also amazing.
X-Men Trilogy - Michael Kamen (X1), John Ottman (X2) & John Powell (X3).
Sweeney Todd - Stephen Sondheim
The Corpse Bride - Danny Elfman
Batman - Danny Elfman
30.06.2008 - 15:21
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Evican on 30.06.2008 at 07:34

Batman - Danny Elfman

the batman begins main theme pwns the old 1990 one imo.. much more dark and powerful, those drum hit like a hammer and then wooooooooompaaaaaaaaaaaam
01.07.2008 - 01:59
Evican
Ann O'War
Written by Valentin B on 30.06.2008 at 15:21

the batman begins main theme pwns the old 1990 one imo.. much more dark and powerful, those drum hit like a hammer and then wooooooooompaaaaaaaaaaaam

The Batman Begins theme is awesome, but the Batman soundtrack as a whole is brilliant.

Speaking of Danny Elfman, he has done the score to the new Anjelina Jolie movie Wanted. So I'm looking forward to hearing that also.
03.07.2008 - 01:56
Haightredy

It may be a musical, but I really enjoy the Sweeny Todd soundtrack. Awesome movie too. Also Lord of the Rings, The Star Wars Movies, Nightmare Before Christmas of course, Pirates of the Carribean.... I can't really think of any more right now.........
03.07.2008 - 06:19
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
hmm I haven't even bothered to check out the Batman Begins soundtrack, but I'll try to. But honestly, I prefer movies without music, Tarantino-style.
03.07.2008 - 17:22
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Dangerboner on 03.07.2008 at 06:19

But honestly, I prefer movies without music, Tarantino-style.

lol, what do you mean? Tarantino movies have soundtracks, they are very good too. The soundtrack of Pulp Fiction was somewhat a hit when the movie was released.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
03.07.2008 - 19:43
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Damnated on 03.07.2008 at 17:22

But honestly, I prefer movies without music, Tarantino-style.

lol, what do you mean? Tarantino movies have soundtracks, they are very good too. The soundtrack of Pulp Fiction was somewhat a hit when the movie was released.

maybe he meant without a score written especially for it
04.07.2008 - 00:40
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
^^ Kinda. Tarantino movies feature long scenes without music, and it gives the movie a more realistic feel. I don't even think I remember any music at all in Reservoir Dogs.
04.07.2008 - 00:44
Damnated
Churchburner
almost every scene i remember from pulp fiction and kill bill has some sort of music. the dialogue parts are silent, that's true.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
04.07.2008 - 04:52
Evican
Ann O'War

hmm I haven't even bothered to check out the Batman Begins soundtrack, but I'll try to. But honestly, I prefer movies without music, Tarantino-style.

You should, Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard composed the score for it so you just know its going to be awesome even before you listen to it.
They've also done the score for The Dark Knight as well.
01.09.2008 - 23:14
Aphyoun
Account deleted
Written by nana.MD on 25.06.2008 at 08:36

hmm...music is one of the most important things for me in a movie...i could make a list of several songs from different movies but for me the best soundtracks r:

-a clockwork orange
-LoTR
-amelie

A Clock Work Orange is a great movie but the music in the movie is not exactly sound trackish
they're only Beethoven masterpieces in motion picture
05.09.2008 - 07:23
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Guest on 01.09.2008 at 23:14

-a clockwork orange
-LoTR
-amelie

A Clock Work Orange is a great movie but the music in the movie is not exactly sound trackish

hmm...well let's see...first of all, a soundtrack refers to recorded music that goes along with the images of a movie/tv program/video game, etc, etc...so...why isn't the music of a clock work orange a soundtrack??...second it doesn't have only beethoven's masterpieces i'll post u the track listing so u can check it out...and third, the motion's picture music was composed by walter carlos not beethoven...

1) title music from a clockwork orange -walter carlos
2) the thieving magpie "gioacchino rossini" -deutsche grammophon recording
3) theme from a clockwork orange "beethoviana" -walter carlos
4) ninth symphony, 2nd movement - deutsche grammophon recording & ferenc fricsay
5) march from a clockwork orange, 9nth symph, 4th mov -walter carlos & rachel elkind
6) william tell overture "giocacchino rossini" -walter carlos
7) pomp & circumstance march no. I -sir edward elgar
8) pomp and circumstance march no. IV -sir edward elgar
9) timesteps -walter carlos
10) overture to the sun - terry tucker, instrumental from sound of sunforest's 1969 album
11) i want to marry a lighthouse keeper -erika eigen instrumental from sound of sunforest's 1969 album
12) william tell overture - deutsche grammophon recording
13) suicide scherzo, 9th symp, 2nd mov -walter carlos
14) 9nth symp, 4rth mov - deutsche grammophon recording
15) singin' in the rain - gene kelly, lyrics arthur freed
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
05.09.2008 - 21:41
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
The Blues Brothers has the best soundtrack and cast in the history of the universe. no questions asked.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
07.09.2008 - 00:23
Aphyoun
Account deleted
Written by nana.MD on 05.09.2008 at 07:23

Written by Guest on 01.09.2008 at 23:14

-a clockwork orange
-LoTR
-amelie

hmm...well let's see...first of all, a soundtrack refers to recorded music that goes along with the images of a movie/tv program/video game, etc, etc...so...why isn't the music of a clock work orange a soundtrack??...second it doesn't have only beethoven's masterpieces i'll post u the track listing so u can check it out...and third, the motion's picture music was composed by walter carlos not beethoven...

1) title music from a clockwork orange -walter carlos
2) the thieving magpie "gioacchino rossini" -deutsche grammophon recording
3) theme from a clockwork orange "beethoviana" -walter carlos
4) ninth symphony, 2nd movement - deutsche grammophon recording & ferenc fricsay
5) march from a clockwork orange, 9nth symph, 4th mov -walter carlos & rachel elkind
6) william tell overture "giocacchino rossini" -walter carlos
7) pomp & circumstance march no. I -sir edward elgar
8) pomp and circumstance march no. IV -sir edward elgar
9) timesteps -walter carlos
10) overture to the sun - terry tucker, instrumental from sound of sunforest's 1969 album
11) i want to marry a lighthouse keeper -erika eigen instrumental from sound of sunforest's 1969 album
12) william tell overture - deutsche grammophon recording
13) suicide scherzo, 9th symp, 2nd mov -walter carlos
14) 9nth symp, 4rth mov - deutsche grammophon recording
15) singin' in the rain - gene kelly, lyrics arthur freed

welll... i beg to differ
when i posted, i didn't really want 2 know more about the meaning of the "ost" word cuz words r just a glass from which we sip the wine of thoughts.
most of the tracks mentioned in ur list r originally performed [if i might say] by beethoven when, on the other hand, the Matrix Reloaded ost's r more genuine [the juno reactor work 2 name one]. so being Genuinety is what really counts when doing an ost.
on a totally different subject when i track down the Kubrick work i think he's a bit sureal that's why his language [that he uses in the movies] is not that understandable. and by language i don't mean language as in lingua.
i mean what in the name of Azazel's inferno was this Space Odyssey's all about ?
so it's not surprising that uncle Stanely is so nerdy about the Beethoven Guy
08.09.2008 - 06:22
nana.MD
Star-Queen
@ Aphyoun: hmm...it's ok if u differ...i mean that's ur opinion and i respect it, but it won't change mine...
...i get what u r trying to say with ur "defintion" of words but i suggest that if u want to explain you're point of view about something you've better use them properly...
...yes, most of the tracks were composed by beethoven and maybe that's one of the reasons i like this soundtrack so much...i haven't heard matrix's soundtrack so i won't give my opinion about it...
...i agree genuinety is important in a soundtrack but i don't think that's what really counts, for me it's much more...but hey like i said before, this is just my opinion...
...kubrick's work is not easy to understand and not everybody likes it of course...this is way out of topic so i'll just comment space odyssey is considered one of the best movies ever in history, u should check out this link it explains a bit what's all about in a funny way... http://www.kubrick2001.com/

@ LeChron James: the blues brothers soundtrack is one of my favorites too!! i can hear it over and over again...the music is great!!
----
08.09.2008 - 07:44
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
Written by nana.MD on 08.09.2008 at 06:22

@ Aphyoun: hmm...it's ok if u differ...i mean that's ur opinion and i respect it, but it won't change mine...
...i get what u r trying to say with ur "defintion" of words but i suggest that if u want to explain you're point of view about something you've better use them properly...
...yes, most of the tracks were composed by beethoven and maybe that's one of the reasons i like this soundtrack so much...i haven't heard matrix's soundtrack so i won't give my opinion about it...
...i agree genuinety is important in a soundtrack but i don't think that's what really counts, for me it's much more...but hey like i said before, this is just my opinion...
...kubrick's work is not easy to understand and not everybody likes it of course...this is way out of topic so i'll just comment space odyssey is considered one of the best movies ever in history, u should check out this link it explains a bit what's all about in a funny way... http://www.kubrick2001.com/

@ LeChron James: the blues brothers soundtrack is one of my favorites too!! i can hear it over and over again...the music is great!!

the music is timeless and it cant be beat. not to mention the movie had a LEGENDARY cast as well, most of the members are dead.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.