Metal Storm logo
Movie Soundtracks

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 05.02.2007 - 23:50
I wasn't really into movie soundtracks, the only one I knew is The Conquest of Paradise, I like it very much, but that was it.
3 weeks ago, a friend gave me 2 ms: Dracula and The Lord of the Rings.
I was impressed, these soundtracks are just awesome, I like specially the atmosphere it creates, I have to admit that it does it better than many metal bands.

So, what movie sountracks do you like? which ones do you recommend?
10.09.2008 - 14:19
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I can only remember Sweeney Todd and Rent for now. Both excellent.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.09.2008 - 17:15
Hamird
Lieutenant
Shining's sound score is amazing, specially the beginning of the movie where the roads are shown... I liked that music so much.
And also The Last Temptation of Christ is nice too... Those were composed by Peter Gabriel.
12.09.2008 - 08:00
nana.MD
Star-Queen
have u seen battle royale?? it's a japanese gore movie...i really like the soundtrack...
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
12.09.2008 - 14:42
MadGatsu

I really like the songs from ninja movie "Ninja Kids - Phantom Force" -> songs in this clip from youtube:

http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=AhfndAGGxAg&feature=related

I wish i could have that soundtrack If anyone knows how, please tell me!
----
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
15.10.2008 - 07:28
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by nana.MD on 12.09.2008 at 08:00

have u seen battle royale?? it's a japanese gore movie...i really like the soundtrack...

I have both Battle Royale movies! The soundtrack is great.. and has some classic songs too
I also like the ost from Azumi. I remember the battle songs were great, specially in the last battle.
There's an anime movie that a few years ago I was really into. Jin-Roh.. took me ages to find the damn sountrack, but I eventually got it. Very good songs I must tell you
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
17.10.2008 - 09:02
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Dark Blood on 15.10.2008 at 07:28

Written by nana.MD on 12.09.2008 at 08:00

I have both Battle Royale movies! The soundtrack is great.. and has some classic songs too
I also like the ost from Azumi. I remember the battle songs were great, specially in the last battle.
There's an anime movie that a few years ago I was really into. Jin-Roh.. took me ages to find the damn sountrack, but I eventually got it. Very good songs I must tell you

...oh yes both soundtracks are quite good!! haven't heard about the other anime st but i'll search for the movie & the songs...i also like alot death note's st...hope u've already seen that hehe
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
17.10.2008 - 09:23
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by nana.MD on 17.10.2008 at 09:02

Written by Dark Blood on 15.10.2008 at 07:28

...oh yes both soundtracks are quite good!! haven't heard about the other anime st but i'll search for the movie & the songs...i also like alot death note's st...hope u've already seen that hehe

Hey.. I assume you've cleared the virus you had
No I haven't seen it yet.. haven't got much time in the last 2 weeks. After this weekend I may have some time back.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
23.10.2008 - 00:47
Haightredy

Okay, this isn't exactly a movie, but the soundtrack to Evil Dead: The Musical. If you like really cheesy style musicals, or Evil Dead, then I would highly recommend checking this out.... It's actually surprisingly good.
28.10.2008 - 20:44
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
I loved the Alone In The Dark Soundtrack but not the movie. A two-disc set with artists such as dimmu borgir, strapping young lad, arch enemy, and so on. You can't lose with this one.
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
29.10.2008 - 06:31
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
I think Juno had the worst soundtrack in the history of recorded sound. not only was i suckered into seeing that movie while i was really stoned, the movie made the soundtrack that much worse.

but in terms of good soundtracks, Pulp Fiction has a good one, uhhh, the Blues Brothers, as i have previously mentioned and maybe something else that is on the tip of my tongue.
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
01.12.2008 - 04:56
Black Mass

The Pulp Fiction soundtrack is very cool.
01.12.2008 - 08:33
Jason W.
Razorbliss
One of my favorite soundtracks is for the movie "Blade Runner," which has music by Vangelis. It's one of my favorite movies of all time as well - but I think that it's the soundtrack itself that pushes it up so high. It's perfect 80s - one of the reasons the decade should be remembered fondly, as I haven't heard many (if any) scores that can capture the mood so well as this one. Currently there is a 3 cd version of the soundtrack out, and I highly recommend it if you haven't picked it up! It's not 'metal' of course, but it's dark and foreboding, with lots of voiceovers from the movie added in stragtegically, so it's appealing for a metal fan I feel

Also, I just picked up the soundtrack to the original Terminator movie. Of course, this is no killer musical score like Vangelis - but for fans of 80s glam rock or pop/rock, the songs that are found on this are a real fun throwback to the humor and lightheartedness I remember growing up Here's a youtube link !
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
19.12.2008 - 19:05
Hamird
Lieutenant
I just got the soundtrack of Pulp Fiction and it was GREAT. I liked it very much.. Especially I expected the Samuel L. Jackson's quote of the bible, and it was the last track of the album..
23.12.2008 - 14:51
Rafiek

What do you guys think of the resident evil (movies not games) soundtracks. The movie is packed with action scenes and the sound track gives you the same feel. The movies aren't as good as the game, but now I play the game while listening to the movie soundtracks.
24.12.2008 - 10:23
tulkas
el parcero
I've trying to get hold of the soundtrack of jet li's movie 'danny the dog'. the whole album was compsoed by massie attack specially for the movie, so the songs are based on specific parts of the movie. i tried downloading it but couldn't find a single song, and on the local record stores i haven't even fund any albus by massive attack.

i do have LOTR's soundtrack and it's great. this dude howard shore s really amazing at what he does, so no wonder he's done a loot of orchestral soundtracks. i wonder how much does he charge for each movie... hehe
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
26.12.2008 - 22:40
ANGEL REAPER

I always liked the soundtrack from western movies like The Good,the Bad and the Ugly,For few Dollars More etc....
The soundtrack are great ,powerful and inspirating.....
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
13.02.2009 - 05:52
Rotten-Corpse
Account deleted
My recommendations:

-If you wanna feel the forests, the medieval castles, and old churches, listen to Lord Of The Rings soundtracks (the first one is my favorite one).

-If you wanna feel like if you were in a dark magic world, listen to Harry Potter soundtracks (Prisoner of Askaban is the best one, in my opinion).

-If you wanna feel the miserable part of the human being, listen to Dephiance, Munich and Schindler's List soundtracks.

-If you wanna feel the robotic-sistematic-unhuman part of the human, listen to Matrix soundtracks (i recommend the last one).

-For suspense-epic music, listen to comic adaptations soundtracks (Hulk, Daredevil, Batman, etc).

And, by the way, probably the best composer in the world is Danny Elfman. He always works with Tim Burton.
"The Corpse Bride" soundtrack (and the whole movie) makes you feel like crap... because you travel to a different world, a better one than the sh1t we are into...
16.03.2009 - 08:08
Duque
Botero
The lord of the rings sountracks are awesome
16.03.2009 - 14:42
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Any soundtrack to any Quentin Tarantino movies are usually pretty great. A good example is the Death Proof soundtrack.
----
Coldgrits
16.03.2009 - 14:46
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
My favourite soundtrack is from the movie Queen Of The Damned, it's really great
16.03.2009 - 18:44
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by Duque on 16.03.2009 at 08:08

Aye. Also from "Gladiator" and "Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian" OSTs there are good tracks too.
16.03.2009 - 21:32
Janne
Hugin
I love TLOTR's music very very much! I listen to it before sleeping for 3 months!
----
age]

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
03.04.2009 - 23:11
Faust

My favorite Soundtracks:

The fountain - Clint Mansell
The Ninth Gate - Wojcieth Kilar
Sleuth - Patrick Doyle
Assassination of Jesse James by the coward Robert Ford - Nick Cave and Warren Ellis
The Dark Knight- Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard
Pirates of the Caribbean (i like them all but the second is my favorite) - Hans Zimmer

Also one of my favorite music can be hear in many movies, the 2nd movement of Beethoven 7th symphony
----
"May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you are dead"
03.05.2009 - 13:05
Solitary Dancer

Probably the twilight movie soundtracks

"Supermassive Black Hole" (Muse)
"Decode" (Paramore)
"Full Moon" (The Black Ghosts)
"Leave Out All the Rest" (Linkin Park)
"Spotlight" (Mute Math)
"Tremble for My Beloved" (Collective Soul)
22.06.2009 - 23:47
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Man.. the Mortal Kombat soundtrack was the first that I've fully listened to. Very nice rock/eletronic mix. ''Scorpion King'' (lots of nu-metal) and Transformers. From the funny ones i've downloaded Team America, South Park and SpongeBob (:P) soundtrack.

Some series have also good musics, like Scrubs and House, full of emotional rock ballads, or My Name Is Earl, with a country tone.

In games I specially like Final Fantasy songs, Dragon Quest also very good. But the FIFA 07', full of alternative/experimental/rock songs, is the best one.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
24.06.2009 - 20:53
Ag Fox
Angel No More
The Last Samurai by Hans Zimmer (again) is great imo. The track "Red Warrior" really get's my blood boiling
----
loves 小巫
01.07.2009 - 18:41
cmusiclives
Account deleted
Check out the soundtrack to dick tracy with madonna! if you dont think she is for real, check out this album, all jazz, she said it was the hardest album to record, its great
01.07.2009 - 23:02
TheOwl

Eyes Wide Shut (amazing the track of the ceremony!!)
Wild At Heart
Jesus Christ Superstar (I think all rock & metal fans should listen to this-great rock opera)
and all the LOTR of course
05.01.2010 - 13:03
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
i last posted here in 2008, so great soundtracks from recent time for me:

Patrick Doyle - Eragon
Steve Jablonsky - Transformers 2 (movie score, not the soundtrack full of stoopid songs)

and finally

James Horner - Avatar (simply everything is wonderful about this movie )
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

05.01.2010 - 14:07
Immortal

Written by Duque on 16.03.2009 at 08:08

Second that!

Saving Private Ryan, The Terminator and Cannibal Holocaust are also awesome soundtracks.
----
"Hope is the greatest of all evils, for it prolongs the torment of man." - Friedrich Nietzsche