Metal Storm logo
Movie Soundtracks

Original post

Posted by The Alchemist, 05.02.2007 - 23:50
I wasn't really into movie soundtracks, the only one I knew is The Conquest of Paradise, I like it very much, but that was it.
3 weeks ago, a friend gave me 2 ms: Dracula and The Lord of the Rings.
I was impressed, these soundtracks are just awesome, I like specially the atmosphere it creates, I have to admit that it does it better than many metal bands.

So, what movie sountracks do you like? which ones do you recommend?
05.01.2010 - 16:32
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
South Park movie still has one of the best soundtracks

Nice the metal version of ''What would Brian Boitano Do?'' Just excellent.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
05.01.2010 - 18:30
JohnDoe
Account deleted
I recommend 2 soundtracks of two really good horror films - 28 Days later and its sequel 28 Weeks later. I've rarely seen music used so brilliantly in a movie. The composer's name is John Murphy. The first movie includes also a GY!BE song, the second movement of East Hastings, which fitted perfectly in the context of the scene it was used (those who don't know should see the movie).
05.01.2010 - 22:53
Black Mass

The Pulp Fiction soundtrack is awesome
07.01.2010 - 07:09
FOOCK Nam

I am so lured by the movie soundtracks listed above but where to download it ?
07.01.2010 - 23:39
Roro

The movie is : Howl's moving castle - for Joe Hisaishi

Guys u should listen to this piece of art. since the moment i heared it, i didnt stop. and i recommend u to see the movie as well. its animation but really really touching
05.05.2010 - 00:05
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
Currently listening to the soundtrack to Conan the Barbarian from 1982 and it really rocks. I never really noticed before but it fits the mood and story so well. It's quite epic. I would really recommend it!
----
The force will be with you, always.
18.10.2011 - 00:03
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
For me my fave has been X-Men: First Class ever since it first came out to this very day. I like soundtracks, but rarely the music kicks me so hard as it did with this one. What an amazing soundtrack, I get tears in my eyes every time I'm listening to Rage And Serenity, shivers down my spine when I hear Magneto, I get hyped on X-Training.... Great OST, I love it.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
18.10.2011 - 00:10
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by AnGina-- on 18.10.2011 at 00:03
For me my fave has been X-Men: First Class.

Wow. I hear a lot of people talk about OSTs and usually you get the same (or similar) recommendations over and over...but this is the first I've heard anyone mention X-Men when discussing the best movie soundtracks.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
18.10.2011 - 00:19
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Troy Killjoy on 18.10.2011 at 00:10

but this is the first I've heard anyone mention X-Men when discussing the best movie soundtracks.

I hear ya, I only read a few reviews and they were all so-so, and I realized then that I may be one of very few who love it. Not like it, adore it, I simply love it. Can't deny the fact that I'm also a huge of fan of the First Class film and that the fact I like it so much (and that I'm overall an X-Men fangirl) could cloud my judgement, but I remember leaving the cinema after watching it was the first time I said: I need to get that soundtrack. And I did and I've played that OST just as many times now as I do some of my favourite albums. If the purpose of the film is to get me overemotional (and I did, ffs, team Magneto 4evah! ), the music had a fair share in it.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
18.10.2011 - 00:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by AnGina-- on 18.10.2011 at 00:19
And I did and I've played that OST just as many times now as I do some of my favourite albums.

Huh. I might just have to check this out at some point.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
21.12.2012 - 11:38
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
OST from "Sunshine" is so awesome! especially "Adagio In D Minor" is absolutely wonderful track
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

28.06.2013 - 18:39
Góral
Combo Breaker
3.42 - gives me chills every time. Excellent soundtrack for an absolutely wonderful movie.

04.07.2013 - 01:27
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Tron 2 - the soundtrack is better than the movie.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
04.07.2013 - 19:01
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by BitterCOld on 04.07.2013 at 01:27

Hmmm, never noticed. I suppose I will try to dig it up.
----
rekt
12.08.2013 - 16:17
Mad Arab666

The Lord of the rings soundtrack is one of my favourites along with the hobbit.
I also like the dredd (2012) and hanah soundtracks
Mortal kombat movie soundtrack is guilty pleasure of mines
----
Bring up the wolves head!
12.08.2013 - 20:19
Pennywise
Account deleted
Conan The Barbarian is and will always stay at the top of the soundtracks of metalhead interest
13.08.2013 - 23:56
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I personally love the soundtrack to the short film "Lyckantropen" by Ulver. Even though it's not metal, it's still very soothing and haunting. If I had to go with a "harder" soundtrack, I think the soundtrack to "Last Action Hero" had a killer track listing and is even better than the movie, with "Real World" being one of my favorite Queensrÿche songs period, along with songs from Megadeth, Alice in Chains, and Aerosmith among others.
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).
12.09.2013 - 15:30
Jtbmetal123

Little Nicky.
12.09.2013 - 15:38
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Fountain
----
The Fangirl.
13.09.2013 - 09:52
no one
Account deleted
I have never bought a movie soundtrack as they are usually filled with mainstream shit songs, but would probably buy Return of the living dead with bands like The Tall boys,The Damned and The cramps
13.09.2013 - 13:05
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
A knights tale had a cool soundtrack as far as I remember. I always loved the Disney soundtracks growing up as well.

Also are you guys talking just OST's or background scores as well.
I loved the Inception score, that's the main one that comes to mind when I think about good scores. There are quite a few movies that have some amazing background scores. It can make a movie even more enjoyable.
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
01.02.2015 - 23:39
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by angel. on 12.09.2013 at 15:38

Fountain

You mean The Fountain movie by Darren Aronofsky with the score by Clint Mansell?
02.02.2015 - 00:15
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by 3rdWorld on 01.02.2015 at 23:39

Written by angel. on 12.09.2013 at 15:38

Fountain

You mean The Fountain movie by Darren Aronofsky with the score by Clint Mansell?

Yes.
----
The Fangirl.
02.02.2015 - 20:25
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by BitterCOld on 04.07.2013 at 01:27

True that. Was never fond of the movie, soundtrack is superb though. Daft Punk know how to deliver.

Moreover: Dark Knight Rises has one hell of a soundtrack. If you want mind-blowing tunes to go alongside the film, just call Hans.

----
02.02.2015 - 23:52
ANGEL REAPER

Also Conan the Barbarian soundtrack is awesome to listen .I give it a full spin every now and then.
----
"Cross is only an iron,hope is just an illusion,freedom is nothing but a name..."
"Build your walls of the dead stone...Build your roofs of a dead wood..Build your dreams of a dead thoughts"
04.02.2015 - 17:44
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by angel. on 02.02.2015 at 00:15

Written by 3rdWorld on 01.02.2015 at 23:39

Yes.

Pi had a great electronic score but Requiem For A Dream totally blew it out of the park. It became one of my all time favourite soundtracks, the thing is really fucking haunting and addictive. So really wanted to watch the movie but getting a first look at the critics rating for it might've been a mistake as somehow it messed up my enthusiasm to watch the movie. Gotta get myself to watch it now.
04.02.2015 - 17:49
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by AnGina-- on 02.02.2015 at 20:25

Moreover: Dark Knight Rises has one hell of a soundtrack. If you want mind-blowing tunes to go alongside the film, just call Hans.

TDKR has a very inconsistent soundtrack. Most of it is good but doesn't really have the depth and character of TDK's score.

Overall though, my favourite soundtrack of his is Black Hawk Down. It has huge variety and is his most thematically fitting score not to mention downright awesome in your first listen.
04.02.2015 - 19:54
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by 3rdWorld on 04.02.2015 at 17:44

Pi had a great electronic score but Requiem For A Dream totally blew it out of the park. It became one of my all time favourite soundtracks, the thing is really fucking haunting and addictive. So really wanted to watch the movie but getting a first look at the critics rating for it might've been a mistake as somehow it messed up my enthusiasm to watch the movie. Gotta get myself to watch it now.

You won't regret watching The Fountain, I promise. It's a great one.
----
The Fangirl.
04.02.2015 - 20:34
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by 3rdWorld on 04.02.2015 at 17:49

TDKR has a very inconsistent soundtrack. Most of it is good but doesn't really have the depth and character of TDK's score.

Well, you're not the first person to say that to me. Most people seem to prefer The Dark Knight OST to Rises OST.... and then, there's me. Unable to find the inconsistency.
----
06.02.2015 - 00:02
InnerSelf
proofread free
The soundtrack to Moon was so good. Without it, it wouldn't have felt as desolate as the filmmakers wanted it to be.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.