Paz

Vinyl-rip is available, so the sound quality is decent enough

26.05.2015 - 02:32
Rating: 9
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Written by Paz on 21.05.2015 at 22:25

Vinyl-rip is available, so the sound quality is decent enough

Listened to this. Instantly ordered it from Androgony Whore. Fantastic album which falls somewhere between the debut and sophomore in terms of quality.
03.09.2015 - 22:32
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Guest on 17.12.2014 at 04:27

Written by mz on 17.12.2014 at 03:35

Anyone heard the "high quality" version of this yet?

There isn't one afaik. The tape itself was poorly dubbed. The only "good" songs available are on Bandcamp. I guess we'll have to wait for a digital version or a good rip of the vinyl version when it comes out.

Old comment but I felt like this wouldn't hurt to say:
The 2014 version of the tape was, according to discogs.com, home dubbed... That's a cute way of saying "like shit". There's a version from 2015 that by the looks of it and what discogs says, it has been properly done.
I'm gonna take a gamble on it and buy it together with Volahn's debut, Volahn's split with Kallathon and the latest 4-way split. I'll report back with info about the sound once I get a walkman.
I saw a couple on ebay that looked pretty dope since they have the function to plug them into the computer and make some mp3 songs out of them. Wish me luck! This is gonna be the most hipster thing I've ever done.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
03.09.2015 - 22:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by X-Ray Rod on 03.09.2015 at 22:32

Old comment but I felt like this wouldn't hurt to say:
The 2014 version of the tape was, according to discogs.com, home dubbed... That's a cute way of saying "like shit". There's a version from 2015 that by the looks of it and what discogs says, it has been properly done.
I'm gonna take a gamble on it and buy it together with Volahn's debut, Volahn's split with Kallathon and the latest 4-way split. I'll report back with info about the sound once I get a walkman.
I saw a couple on ebay that looked pretty dope since they have the function to plug them into the computer and make some mp3 songs out of them. Wish me luck! This is gonna be the most hipster thing I've ever done.

Well at least you know that good versions out there exist now, so hopefully the tape won't be far off the vinyl. Fingers crossed though. That's a nice haul at any rate. You'll be the kvltest hipster in town. You'll have to find a bridge to sit under one evening and go through them all

I actually ripped the Youtube tracks into mp3s so I could listen to them on my mp3 player. They're a bit quiet though. The album is absolutely great however. The slightly lower quality from ripping it makes it sound comparable to the first album in terms of sound.
13.12.2015 - 06:10
Neachy

Was fully expecting this to be shit for some reason. Turns out it might be the best thing he's done.
01.06.2016 - 11:45
Defunctus

Finally listened this from bandcamp(with better quality) 4 or 5 times. As I expected it was fantastic and love everything about album(love the artwork too).
Should check the first album after I could stop listening to this!
18.10.2016 - 20:23
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Only listened to half of this today as by then I already got my brain blown away and had to go and pick it up and put all back in. This is just fucking too much and too good to consume in a single listen. Holy fucking batman, a ridiculously good album this. The booming bass notes on the opener is absolutely a treat a listen to.
18.10.2016 - 23:10
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Yeah, this is my favorite from Arizmenda
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
18.10.2016 - 23:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Third best for me, but still better than most things ever.
18.10.2016 - 23:43
3rdWorld
China was a neat
This is their best so far for me with the debut close behind but have serious belief that the new release this year might surpass or equal this one. I only listened to the shitty version though so will have to wait till the good rip is out but the songwriting is too good there. Combines the varied songwriting and catchiness in this record with the sound/dark atmosphere of the debut.
19.10.2016 - 01:17
mz

1>2>3. As simple as that.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
19.10.2016 - 22:02
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 19.10.2016 at 01:17

I assume you aren't talking about 'Without Circumference Nor Center' when you say "2" =P
19.10.2016 - 22:43
mz

Written by Guest on 19.10.2016 at 22:02

Written by mz on 19.10.2016 at 01:17

I assume you aren't talking about 'Without Circumference Nor Center' when you say "2" =P

well fuck, I've been too fucking stupid with these numbers these days
----
19.10.2016 - 22:53
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 19.10.2016 at 22:43

well fuck, I've been too fucking stupid with these numbers these days

Not a big issue here really, that album might as well be forgotten about in the Arizmenda discog.
21.10.2016 - 01:19
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Heh, this album shits all over the debut. That record is very one-dimensional to me, solid bm but just the same drunk songwriting all over the 6 bloated long tracks. This has better and more significant bass, more variation to sustain the interest, sufficient hooks so that it doesn't become too catchy but just enough for you to have a imprint of things on your mind. Atm this is their absolute best. I agree that the sophomore is quite unbelievably weak in their catalog though.
21.10.2016 - 01:29
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Lol nope ^ The debut is one long perfect song in effect. One, endless and swirling psychedelic vortex. The most recent one works so well because it's very individual on a song to song basis. This one is sort of in the middle but not quite up to par with either.
21.10.2016 - 01:35
Mik
Account deleted
The debut is perfect, but this isnt far behind tbh. I also like their sophomore, despite the hideous production.
21.10.2016 - 01:43
3rdWorld
China was a neat
I agree that the debut is more of a one-track kind of thing but not getting the hype on it and it isn't varied enough for me. Everytime I try to go back and listen to that record I kinda stop past the two tracks or midway while this works more easily for me. Have spun it in entirety quite a few times eventhough I only started this a few days back. Also I actually had a lot of expectations from the sophomore since Joe had it as his avatar and the opening few mins of that album sounded absolutely haunting epic but in the end was just average and disappointing by their standards.
21.10.2016 - 04:44
mz

Yeah the debut is perfect, and not for the pussies:p it indees feels like a track runing over the whole length, but that's not a problem at all. Each song is varried enough. It manages to combine some of the best riffs ever with some of thr greatest textures in bm, all blesssed with great production. I also love the vocals a lot, as it works as a nice instrument. I guess it is too much to swallow due to the production, everal pace and intensity, denseness and also the length, but i personally never had any problem with it. The best album to get drunk to, the best album to fall asleep to, the best bm record ever and possibly my most favorite record ever atm. I dont think i will play any future record as much as it.
----
21.10.2016 - 05:54
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Indeed I am a pussy, for not swallowing the debut album's cock deep enough.

I really do love that record and agree that it has brilliant textures and peerless in its quality. But I guess I haven't listened to it 5000 times like mz above to get it a part of my life. Will see if I play it so many times. I really will be going back to it eventhough it is quite an uneasy listen, as I haven't been able to get an imprint/memory of that album in my mind. That's another weird thing about it.
26.10.2018 - 17:05
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Ævangelist was here
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
04.11.2021 - 18:16
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
It's good, but is it $666.66 good?
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

04.11.2021 - 19:31
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Alakazam on 04.11.2021 at 18:16

That price is evil!
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
15.12.2021 - 02:37
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by Karlabos on 04.11.2021 at 19:31

Written by Alakazam on 04.11.2021 at 18:16

That price is evil!

You kno how seductive evil can be to buy. Evil price for an evil fan living in their evil castle listening to evil.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

25.04.2022 - 12:09
Rating: 8
sempiternus

The screechy lead guitar sounds amazing.
19.11.2022 - 14:42
Rating: 10
Chobo_jokeR

Secured this on vinyl. I had to know how it sounds compared to the rips that exist on the net… vinyl is vastly superior.

Hits total: 6601 | This month: 26