Metal Storm logo
Den Saakaldte - German Politician Apologises For False Accusations

City council member Ralf Hofmann (SPD) has publicly apologized to, amongst others, Den Saakaldte for his false false accusations concerning band's alleged involvement in the so called "right-wing scene", with regards to the band's appearance at the Norwegian Hellcamp in Schweinfurt this October.

The whole incident was originally and wrongly ignited by Antifa, and brought to the attention of Schweinfurt's local authorities (including Ralf Hofmann), in order to ban the Norwegian Hellcamp Festival (more can be read in the German edition of Rolling Stone Magazine).

Eventually, after consulting credible independent sources, Mr. Hofmann decided to apologize and admit that his suspicions were incorrect and drawn from unreliable authors.

His full statement:

"My call for the ban of the concert at the Stadthalle on Octover 4th has caused some outrage in social media. At this point, I have been given access to sources and people who are competent on the subject and the bands.

At the core of the matter, it seems to be the case that our original source exaggerated some facts. I have to blame myself for what happened as I disregarded the central tenet of journalism to have at least two independent sources. But I am neither a journalist nor a full time politician, and doing volunteer work only, these things are not always easy.

The bands that will play on October 4th in Schweinfurt have elements of their show that can be considered tasteless, but the extremist background I suspected is apparently not there at all. Thus, I withdraw the call for a ban."

In response, the members of Den Saakaldte commented:

"Stop this bullshit! Our members, our lyrics and what we represent as a band has not a single thought even, being mixed with either left - centre - right political ideas....never has -never will!!

We give a SHIT for politics and LEAVE US OUT OF THIS GOD DAMN THING!."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Den Saakaldte
Posted: 22.09.2014 by D.T. Metal

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 65 users
23.09.2014 - 00:39
Lit.
Account deleted
Quote:

"Stop this bullshit! Our members, our lyrics and what we represent as a band has not a single thought even, being mixed with either left - centre - right political ideas....never has -never will!!

We give a SHIT for politics and LEAVE US OUT OF THIS GOD DAMN THING!."

They mad.
23.09.2014 - 03:46
Gothmog_Motsham
Well at least the guy apologized and withdrew the ban...religious shitheads on the other hands never apologize even if they made terrible mistakes because their opinions are always enlightened by Jesus or some other fairy-tale deity
23.09.2014 - 04:03
Darkside Momo
Retired
Elite
Rare are the politicians who honestly admit they made a mistake. Kudos to you, Mr Ralf Hofmann.
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
23.09.2014 - 05:17
D.T. Metal
Staff
Written by Darkside Momo on 23.09.2014 at 04:03

Rare are the politicians who honestly admit they made a mistake. Kudos to you, Mr Ralf Hofmann.

I thought the same. Kudos!
23.09.2014 - 09:44
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
They mad[2].
23.09.2014 - 11:16
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
He should be well-informed before trying to ban something. While it is commendable he apologized and all, he probably only did because of the attention the whole thing got.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.09.2014 - 13:10
Windrider
Raureif
It's a shame for my country, when I think of Norway where music with any lyrics (i.e. Taake - Orkan) can even compete and win their Grammy-equivalent.

Hits total: 1715 | This month: 7