05. A Global Shift
06. The Celestial Antidote
07. Encircled By Mirrors
08. Buried Monuments
09. Worming Nightfall

Staff review by
deadone
Rating:
I will admit that I was never a Job For A Cowboy fan. They were OK but I found them to be too noisy at times, too faceless at others and, very often, just average. Just another modern death metal band, for the most part.

And then they released Sun Eater.

Read more ››
published 08.12.2014 | Comments (43)

Found in 10 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 9   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 418 users
23.09.2014 - 22:50
J. N.
Account deleted
Pre-orders available from Metal Blade Records: http://metalblade.com/jobforacowboy/

23.09.2014 - 23:06
TrollandDie

If someone told me several years ago that JFAC made that song, I'd laugh to the moon.

I'm honestly speechless - it gives any other TDM I've heard this year a serious run for their money.

Nothing better than seeing once 'meh' bands improving this way.
----
Hello, my name is Mr......Snrub and I think it would be a capital idea to invest the money back in the nuclear plant.
24.09.2014 - 01:57
Lit.
Account deleted
JFAC bringing their A-game yet again.
06.11.2014 - 02:35
Rating: 1
This was honestly a really boring album. Another run of the mill tech death album drowned in technical playing and barely any structure with the bass turned up loud
06.11.2014 - 06:12
Joe Zombie

I enjoyed the album very much. Wasn't a fan of the vocals at first but they grew on me. As someone who usually doesn't care much for tech death this album really surprised me, and I do not regret pre-ordering it at all after hearing the stream.

This record blows all other recent death metal releases out of the water IMO.
07.11.2014 - 00:37
MechanisT
Account deleted
They're making great strides with each and every release. There seems to be an added progressive edge to their arsenal which the predecessor lacked, and that is working quite brilliantly in their favor. I am definitely liking what I'm hearing, though not entirely sure if this beats Demonocracy yet.
10.12.2014 - 12:44
Rating: 8
Isalith

Yeah, propably one of the most positive surprises for me this year. Kind of reminds me of Obscura at some points.
06.02.2015 - 02:07
Rating: 9
Traezeus

I dig it. Bass lines are super tasty and I'm usually not huge on most guitar solos but their lead player definitely does it right IMO.
28.05.2015 - 06:09
chronic-headache

First impressions:

...IS THIS THE SAME BAND?!?!
They took the tempo down a notch and upped the bass
oooh...that bass!
Last time I gave these guys my time was with Genesis (which didn't impress me) and wow, what a change!

Hits total: 6941 | This month: 62