Metal Storm logo
AC/DC - New Album In December, Malcolm Young Not Returning

AC/DC will continue to rock out with a new album to be released this December. That's right, the veterans will release a new album 6 years after the last one, Black Ice. Rock Or Bust, as the new album is called, will be released on December 2nd, 2014 on Columbia Records and feature 11 new tracks recorded in Spring 2014 at Warehouse Studio in Vancouver, Canada. Stevie Young, nephew of founding members Angus and Malcolm Young, played guitar on the new album and will tour with the band in 2015.

This album is the first AC/DC album in the band's 41 year history without founding member and guitarist Malcolm Young on the recordings. Earlier this year AC/DC released a statement explaining that due to illness, Malcolm would be taking a break from the band. Unfortunately, due to the nature of Malcolm's condition, he will not be returning to the band. AC/DC will undertake a world tour in support of Rock Or Bust in 2015. Stevie Young, nephew of founding members Angus and Malcolm Young, plays rhythm guitar on Rock Or Bust and will accompany the band on tour.

Starting on September 27th, Turner Sports will provide fans a sneak peek of the new track "Play Ball" as part of the 2014 Major League Baseball Postseason campaign. More details soon.

Rock Or Bust finds AC/DC once again working with producer Brendan O'Brien and mixer Mike Fraser.

Source: acdc.com
Band profile: AC/DC
Posted: 24.09.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 109 users
24.09.2014 - 19:13
MrClansman1

Great news! I hope I'll finally see them alive in 2015, as well as I hope for Malcolm Young to gets better. I'm not sure, but I read something about his condition, that he barely recognize family members or something in that way.
24.09.2014 - 19:36
Zap
Mostly excited about the world tour here. Might very well be the last. Too bad about Malcolm though :/ I'm glad I've already seen them once in 2008. They're not getting any younger.
26.09.2014 - 11:21
Rapid Fire

Nice to have a new AC/DC album ahead.

Sad about Malcolm, I don't know what exactly the illness he's suffering, hope he gets better.
----
Twelve voices were shouting in anger, and they were all alike. The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Hits total: 2611 | This month: 4