Metal Storm logo
Haken - 'Darkest Light' Video Released

UK progressive metal band Haken have released a video for a song from their upcoming EP. They recently announced the release of the Restoration EP on the 27th of October 2014 via InsideOut, coinciding with their UK and Ireland tour with label mates Leprous and Maschine. Now Haken reveal a brand new video for the track "Darkest Light" taken from that EP, which you can view right here below.

German fans can watch it here.

Drummer Raymond Hearne had this to say about the song: "'Darkest Light' is based on 'Blind', one of our favourite tracks from the original 07/08 demo. We've managed to chop the old song in half, cut away all the excess fat and produce a 6 minute rowdy riff roller-coaster that will surely find a home in the heavier side of our live show."

Restoration is comprised of three reworked and updated songs which originally appeared on their 2007/08 self-produced demo. The release has been mixed and mastered by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios. It will be released as a digital download, and a vinyl LP including CD.

Tracklist:
01. Darkest Light (6:44)
02. Earthlings (7:52)
03. Crystallised (19:23)

Source: hakenmusic.com
Band profile: Haken
Posted: 24.09.2014 by Clintagram

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 2   Visited by: 62 users
24.09.2014 - 20:16
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Pretty awesome
26.09.2014 - 12:50
ChildofHorus

I like the album cover and its concept. But, I would have chosen for unhumanlike creatures because 'time', 'death' and 'life' are being portrayed here I assume. Humans have often given uncontrolable things a human face but I don't think this is necessary. But in a way humans are also trying to overcome nature so it also fits I guess. I also do not know what the band wanted to portray so I'll shut my mouth now

Aside from the art rant I'm digging the song

Hits total: 2177 | This month: 8