Metal Storm logo
Show Etiquette

Original post

Posted by Boxcar Willy, 28.09.2014 - 08:03
Okay, it's late, I'm tired and a little drunk so I'm probably a little pissy, but seriously this is ridiculous.

http://propertyofzack.com/post/98559300026/joyce-manor-altercation-with-fan-in-texas

The band, while not metal, stops the song in the middle to tell some guy that stage diving is not alright at their shows because some people might not be comfortable catching them or some castrated horseshit like that. I mean seriously, let's bring blankets to sit on a play frisbee at shows. At some point we gotta realize that being 110% sensitive to other people leaves us with a bunch of spineless knobs. Grow a fuckin' set, if you don't want to experience the energy of a show, don't go to the show. Simple.

Discuss your opinion on stage diving, moshing, circle pits and all that junk here.
07.10.2014 - 17:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
That is what I meant by doom dancing. Messiah is king that regard.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.10.2014 - 17:25
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Zap on 07.10.2014 at 17:07

Damn, that looks fun. I should go to more doom shows.

Doom shows are always heaps of fun and good times.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

07.10.2014 - 17:53
Zap
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 07.10.2014 at 17:25

Doom shows are always heaps of fun and good times.

Apparently Does that include funeral doom and black/doom and stuff? I can imagine something like Candlemass being fun, but what about Esoteric? Or Ahab? Would you describe their shows the same way? Just curious. Most of the time when I see a poster for a doom metal show I usually don't bother since I always imagine I'd rather listen to the studio recordings. That, and the fact that I don't listen to doom that often. (a little more these days, but still not too much) Also, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to gigs in general.
08.10.2014 - 16:23
raveneffect

I kind of prefer the Mistfits rule: Do whatever the fuck you want, but if you touch us while stage diving, you get socked in your teeth by the band themselves.
29.01.2015 - 07:14
Amy

It is a bit silly but it is probably a CYA (Cover your ass) type of thing. They probably said that so that in case someone will not get injured and the band will not get a lawsuit. Anyways, isn't asking people not to stage dive a part of security's job and the band just needs to provide music.
----
\m/