Metal Storm logo
"Mark all as read" function

21.05.2006 - 06:40
KryptoN
imperceptible
Many forums have a function to "mark all as read" in different parts of the forum and globally. To those who don't know what I'm talking about: I mean for example when you'd go to "Metal Arena" there would be a "mark all as read"-link and when you'd click that all the posts in that subforum will be treated as if you have visited them, so you could make it clearer to see new posts next time etc.

Has there been thoughts about these kind of features in the headquarters? At least I, and I believe many others, would find a feature like this very useful.
22.05.2006 - 01:41
__Az__

It definately would be helpful... It would make it easier to know which post to visit etc... Nice idea...
24.05.2006 - 16:49
TheKreator
Account deleted
yep...good one...i, for one can't remember all the threads i posted on and don't want to repeat myself...
24.07.2007 - 23:29
Elodie Artour
Slania
I don't think we need this.But,if some of you want to have that function,the staff should make it as an option for choosing.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
25.07.2007 - 00:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
We had it in the previous version of MS but don't seem to have it anymore. I found it very useful, and am wishing for it to return.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.07.2007 - 20:49
wrathchild

I'm not even sure we had it in the previous version. I remember some people asked for this option but I think we replied that was useless, or something like that. As usual, wait for Ivan's opinion.

EDIT: unless I'm becoming dumb, I think what TheKreator suggested is not what KryptoN suggested. But indeed, we once had what TheKreator said - a mark by the title of the threads you've already posted in. Problem was it took too much resources.
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
26.07.2007 - 13:45
Baz Anderson

yeh, we did have it in the last version.. and to be honest I only just realised that we didnt have it any more in this version. hahahahaha - woops!!
as you can tell.. I never used it..
23.08.2007 - 06:09
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Isn't there/shouldn't there/can't there be a "mark thread as UNread" function?
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
23.08.2007 - 10:13
Ivan
Retired Admin
Written by Syk on 23.08.2007 at 06:09

Isn't there/shouldn't there/can't there be a "mark thread as UNread" function?

No/no/no
Why would you need a thing like that?
23.08.2007 - 10:43
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Ivan on 23.08.2007 at 10:13
Why would you need a thing like that?

I can't remember exactly why I wanted it before, it just helps if one wants to be reminded to check a certain thread in the future. I thought it was quite a common feature for most other forums
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
11.09.2007 - 20:27
Lord TJ

Its something nice to have but it really doesnt serve too much of a useful purpose.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage