Metal Storm logo
Kayo Dot - New Album Streaming Online

With just a week before avantgarde/experimental metallers Kayo Dot release their newest LP, Coffins On Io, they announced that the album is now being streamed online in its entirety over here. Alternatively, you can listen to it below on Soundcloud. Coffins On Io is the follow-up to Hubardo, an album that was a favorite to many last year and made it to the Metal Storm Awards 2013.

Coffins On Io will be released digitally and physically on October 16th via Flenser Records. Give us your opinion of the record after you listen to it.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kayo Dot
Posted: 08.10.2014 by Red_Travis

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 22 users
09.10.2014 - 00:32
DahliaRock

Holy crap! hoooly crap! this one hit me where I never expected! psychedelic softcore doom rock? and I can't even describe how the songs stick to your mind! one listen is enough to release the venom..

I feel like crying now, struck down by this beauty..
09.10.2014 - 01:48
mz

Well this is definitely a killer album. Maybe their best after the debut.
Vocals has been the major weak point of KD for me thus far. On this album, though, they sound totally fitting. Loved every second of the album
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
09.10.2014 - 01:50
mz

Someone please remove that progressive metal tag from their band page.
----
09.10.2014 - 02:01
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I always wanted to get into Kayo Dot but never succeeded.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
09.10.2014 - 03:29
whatsacow

Who the fuck spilt Arcade Fire in my Kayo Dot?
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
09.10.2014 - 03:32
whatsacow

Written by mz on 09.10.2014 at 01:50

Someone please remove that progressive metal tag from their band page.

Why? Their last album was progressive metal through and through. Choirs of the Eyes and Dowsing were also quite heavy in places.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
09.10.2014 - 11:25
mz

Written by whatsacow on 09.10.2014 at 03:32

Why? Their last album was progressive metal through and through. Choirs of the Eyes and Dowsing were also quite heavy in places.

Being heavy does not essentially mean that they are progressive metal. There is barely ant metal in some of their albums, including this new one.
----
09.10.2014 - 14:25
whatsacow

Written by mz on 09.10.2014 at 11:25

Written by whatsacow on 09.10.2014 at 03:32

Being heavy does not essentially mean that they are progressive metal. There is barely ant metal in some of their albums, including this new one.

Yes, but their first, second, and hubardo definitely feature metal to the extent that they could be called metal. The line between avant garde and prog is an extremely blurry one, and I don't necessarily think the progressive metal tag needs to be done away with.
----

Hits total: 1963 | This month: 3