Metal Storm logo
Children Of Bodom - Alexi Laiho Wounded (Again)

As posted on the bands official website:

"One week ago Alexi had the worst luck. He tripped at a bowling alley and his shoulder was hurt. Something is broken but it's not serious like the accident two years ago. He has to be careful because the shoulder will be sensitive for a while. 6 weeks of no guitar playing - doctor's orders. This means all the activities planned to happen within the next 5 weeks have to be cancelled. We can have a break from rehearsals but what breaks our hearts is that we are not able to perform in Desert Rock (Dubai, U.A.E.) in March 2007. That festival was something we were looking forward to but it just can't happen.

There's nothing we can do about this!"

6.2.2007 Helsinki
Children Of Bodom

Source: cobhc.com
Band profile: Children Of Bodom
Event: Desert Rock Festival
Posted: 07.02.2007 by Warman

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 48   Visited by: 59 users
07.02.2007 - 17:31
Warman
Erotic Stains
Worst luck? He was obviously drunk as always...
----
07.02.2007 - 17:34
iaberis
Advice Troll
Why don't they hire a tour musician???
----
Bitch! Please
07.02.2007 - 17:35
Carrion
Account deleted
Perhaps 'cause we're talking about Laiho here, the guy who wants to do all solos and isn't one of the best live singers
07.02.2007 - 18:13
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by iaberis on 07.02.2007 at 17:34

That would be like replacing Bruce Dickinson? I'd rather miss the band than see it with a "hired tour musician".
07.02.2007 - 18:30
SETHULHU
yogi_lb@hotmail.com
Elite
oki no offense to cob, but i kind of feel a bit better for not able to go see the desert rock AGAIN this year :@ .. but i do hope this master takes it easy from now on. lol ...
----
This site is great. FOR ME TO POOP ON.

reBubblefuckered !!!BAAAALEEETEEED!!!
07.02.2007 - 18:47
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Written by iaberis on 07.02.2007 at 17:34

Because that's the most stupid idea ever? Alexi is both singer and lead guitarist if you didn't knew that. So it's quite supid to hire a tour musician >_<
07.02.2007 - 18:59
iaberis
Advice Troll
I mean why don't they hire a tour guitarist. The man broke his arm. He still can sing...
Guitarist are always replaceable...
----
Bitch! Please
07.02.2007 - 19:18
Soliloquy
that blows. just when i was getting into CoB, the fucker broke his sholder.

but 6 weeks of no guitar? i can barley live an hour without my guitar!
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
07.02.2007 - 19:24
AncientOrigins
6 weeks without guitar? Well, maybe he'll be able to think more about coherent songwriting now
----
http://myspace.com/shoresofsheol - My Black Metal band
07.02.2007 - 19:33
Jay
Perkele
stupid drunk...
wonder what he's gonna do next six weeks
----
This one goes to 11
07.02.2007 - 19:42
brutal_name
Account deleted
i agree, they can just get a tour guitarist for that festival, and he can still sing, its not exactly shoulder intensive. When i saw him live the guy didn't even move.
07.02.2007 - 20:11
GodOfBodoM
Account deleted
Shits happend
07.02.2007 - 20:34
MeGaDeTh_fReAk
oh welll damn!!...hope e gets better soon!
07.02.2007 - 20:43
kaos666
What ever happened to that new Sinergy album? I recall that was put off because of a Laiho injury and we are still waiting for it. Seems like he gets injured always when something important is coming up!
07.02.2007 - 21:20
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Hope he gets better soon... But he's always drunk and I think this time was drunk too ha ha! That's rock and roll
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
07.02.2007 - 21:38
Little Death
Cookie Monster
Poor Alexi! He always does everything stupid. I'm sure he was drunk. I hope he gets better soon.
----
Come to the dark side, we have cookies.
07.02.2007 - 22:03
dancingdecember
you go to cob concert to see alexi doing solos and doing a show on stage.not i dont know "john brown" playing solos and doing the show.so you know that is the worst idea in this universe.
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
07.02.2007 - 22:03
Sunioj
Geez I feel sorry for the people that were going to see them in Dubai, what a letdown....how often do bands come there, like once a year?

Haha, maybe hes trying to hurt himself on purpose. He cant take the pressure!! His guitar playing has a mind of its own!!
07.02.2007 - 22:14
Nefaglar
Account deleted
Dummass... If I was a guitar player of a Tour Band I'll do the best to take care of myself..
But he's drunk as always

07.02.2007 - 23:08
Escapist
Victim Of Deceit
Also Tommi Sartanen from Twilightning had this problem, and he was replaced by a Freak Kitchen member I think... These things happen.
----
On wings of time we have been flying
For too long it seems to me that I've crossed the final fence...

www.twilightning.net http://deliriumveil.main.jp
08.02.2007 - 01:04
PrettyMao
Written by Guest on 07.02.2007 at 19:42

i agree, they can just get a tour guitarist for that festival, and he can still sing, its not exactly shoulder intensive. When i saw him live the guy didn't even move.

I concur, when I saw Children of Bodom, he just stood there. I spent most of the time watching the keyboardist.... Now he is amazing to watch, not like those other sissy keyboardist that just program everything, he plays everything at blinding speed, much cooler than some midget guitar player standing on the spot....

In conclusion, a tour musician playing guitar would just be fine...

poo poo!
----
The Mao loves you all!!!

**KISS**KISS**
08.02.2007 - 01:55
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Bets are now open on whether he was drunk or not. Odds are in favour of drunk.

To bad hes going to miss the Desert Rock in Dubia, friend was realy looking forward to seeing them after I just got her into them.

This actually brought back memories of drunk bowling actually
----

Hellcunt Smurf
08.02.2007 - 02:36
spirit_inblack
harshhead
meh, figures, he was probably drunk
08.02.2007 - 04:22
dancingdecember
i dont even like cob's image and i would watch keyboard player too along with alexi(if you go there and watch only the keyboard player you are not being "mature" you are missing hell of a guitar player!!)but that doesnt change the fact that people going there to watch alexi performing with the band.like him or not cob without alexi standing with his guitar missing its all image(which i think is became cheesy)and people would prefer the concert to be postponed instead of some hastily played show.and his vocals are not very good i think so if he is not playing they can all stay at home for all i care...but if its your only chance to see cob in this lifetime you can agree with it i guess
----
i'm super, thanks for asking
08.02.2007 - 08:52
Princ_Of_Horror
Ah..nothing new for Alexi..Hopefully next time He wont be able to play the guitar for good!! That whole band is fuc*** so Im happy that he wounded himself again..it makes me laugh!
08.02.2007 - 10:46
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Tripping in a bowling alley...that's so metal Sucks that they have to cancel shows
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
08.02.2007 - 11:43
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
Haha, gumby bastard.
----
08.02.2007 - 12:00
Eight
Shapeshifter
he was defnetly fucking sober
too bad that bastard didn't broke his neck..
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
08.02.2007 - 13:01
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
He looks like Courtney Love.
----
08.02.2007 - 13:35
dying2live
me being one of the hugest fans in the region.....i am horrified, i was fucking crazy when i heard the news...my favourite band of all time to come to the first time to a concert in the mid east.....i am truly heartbroken and i speak for tons of devoted fans here in the mid east who also share my pain. ALEXI GET WELL DUDE AND PLEASE PLEASE JUST COME TO DUBAI SOME DAY...i hopefully they can come next desert rock?!

Hits total: 9058 | This month: 18