Metal Storm logo
Genres that would appeal more to metalheads

09.10.2014 - 06:25
vgmaster9

What non-metal genres out there do you think most metalheads would actually get into? There are lots I can really think of, like psychedelic rock, garage rock, prog rock, southern rock, stoner rock, post-rock, grindcore, neofolk, dark ambient, classical, jazz fusion, free jazz, grunge, drone, anarcho punk, horror punk, crust punk, hardcore punk, D-beat, IDM, psytrance, metallic hardcore, martial industrial, power electronics, harsh noise, death industrial, EBM, power noise, industrial rock, gothic rock, deathrock, darkwave, neoclassical darkwave, underground/old school rap, psychobilly, outlaw/alternative country, noise rock, gabber, speedcore, breakcore, powerviolence, electro industrial, aggrotech, and shoegaze.
11.10.2014 - 09:29
Ganondox

Depends on the metalhead.
12.10.2014 - 07:17
TPrice

That depends on the metalhead. If they are attracted to metal for its shocking lyrics I would suggest something like horror punk or industrial music. If they are interested in it for the technical aspects then classical or jazz.
27.10.2014 - 02:47
ThunderAxe1989
Account deleted
Well a Metalhead would get into the more electronic stuff because it's related to Industrial Metal, the same way they would get into D-Beat or Punk because it's also related to Thrash (Thrash came from). I like Outlaw country because it has the same attitude that I can relate to while listening to Down or Pantera. But ultimately it does depend on the metal fan.