Metal Storm logo
New Band Profile Feature - Break up/hiatus

10.10.2014 - 00:14
D.T. Metal

There are tons of bands who went on hiatus (for one reason or another) without actually breaking up. Instead of reflecting this hiatus by adding departed dates to the members and having them 'join' again once the band is alive again, we added a TEXT field to the band profiles. This also applies to the styles. Don't end the style of the band if they go on hiatus.

Check Atreyu as an example.

If you guys know or see a band which the above applies; please fix it. Right now this feature is public, but if you all wreak havoc, we will make this Staff only.
10.10.2014 - 01:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by D.T. Metal on 10.10.2014 at 00:14

, we will make this Staff only.

then it will make years
I also like brake up x-y
maybe best option what site has have in general band info
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
19.12.2015 - 18:50
RaduP
CertifiedHipster

There are tons of bands who went on hiatus (for one reason or another) without actually breaking up. Instead of reflecting this hiatus by adding departed dates to the members and having them 'join' again once the band is alive again, we added a TEXT field to the band profiles. This also applies to the styles. Don't end the style of the band if they go on hiatus.

If you guys know or see a band which the above applies; please fix it. Right now this feature is public, but if you all wreak havoc, we will make this Staff only.

Does it only apply to hiatuses? Or do break ups count too?
----
Do you think if the heart keeps on shrinking
One day there will be no heart at all?
19.12.2015 - 18:54
D.T. Metal

Written by RaduP on 19.12.2015 at 18:50

it counts for both. Just indicate what happened. I.e. Broke up: 2001-2003, Hiatus: 2008-
19.12.2015 - 21:07
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by D.T. Metal on 19.12.2015 at 18:54

Written by RaduP on 19.12.2015 at 18:50

it counts for both. Just indicate what happened. I.e. Broke up: 2001-2003, Hiatus: 2008-

I Think he meant line up, before year was

Dude :2001-2004 bass
- 2009 bass

Now just
dude - 2001- bass
----

apos;'
[image]
20.12.2015 - 03:45
D.T. Metal

Oops ... didn't read this right I guess. In that case, if the members are the same after the break-up then don't list them again. I have seen it both ways for break-ups and right now it's a mess in the database either way. UGH
20.12.2015 - 12:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by D.T. Metal on 20.12.2015 at 03:45

Oops ... didn't read this right I guess. In that case, if the members are the same after the break-up then don't list them again. I have seen it both ways for break-ups and right now it's a mess in the database either way. UGH

I think bigger mess is if member left and come back 5 times if band never broke up
Bill - vocals - 1991-1993
# vocals , bass 1994
# vocals 1996-1999
# vocals 2000-2001
# vocals, keyboards 2002-2003
# vocals 2005-

like this . it looks more ''mess''
----

apos;'
[image]