Metal Storm logo
Sylosis - Release New Track, New Album Artwork

Here is something for Sylosis fans. The band just released a brand new song today but that's not all. You also get to see the cover art that will grace their new record Dormant Heart. First of all, check out the first taster from the forthcoming release and watch the official video for new track "Mercy" here. Did you enjoy that?

Commenting on the track front man Josh Middleton states: "Mercy is the first single off the new album. It's got a pretty dark and heavy vibe to it but it's one of the most melodic tracks on the album at the same time. It's got a big slow, doomy outro with an octave pedal on the guitars so that's going to rumble some guts live. For this video, we wanted to keep it dark and claustrophobic. It's got some of the artwork from the album and inlay illustrated as well which came together really well."

The artwork was created by Bristol based artist Bonfire (Opeth, Satyricon, Katatonia), who has previously designed some t-shirts for the band. On the theme of the artwork, Josh comments: "The cover relates to sacrifice (the sacrificial lamb is more of a symbol than something to be taken literally) but also the looming, oppressing figure in the background represents corruption and being forced into something against your will."

Pre-orders for the new album are now live at this location but the release will happen in January 2015 via Nuclear Blast.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sylosis
Posted: 10.10.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 115 users
10.10.2014 - 18:23
Zap
Nice cover, not sure about the song yet. It sounded good, but it didn't exactly blow me away like basically every song on Monolith did.

EDIT: Well, it appears to have grown on me a lot.
10.10.2014 - 18:59
musclassia
staff
I really like the colour scheme and artwork style of the cover, although I'm not completely sold on the execution - it's a bit too cluttered with stuff for my liking. Still, I much prefer an artwork like that to the turd on the new Blind Guardian single.

The song, there's quite a few things to like in it but, to copy the old fanboy cliche, I think I'll need to give it a few more listens to get into it, although I enjoy the slower heavy parts like the outro. However, it took me at least a couple of listens to get into the first tracks released from the two previous albums considering what they were following, so I have faith I'll end up getting into this well enough.
10.10.2014 - 23:52
MyNameJeff
Damn his vocals have improved so much!
11.10.2014 - 02:17
The Galactician
Hmm, I like this quite a bit actually. Good song with better sounding production than Monolith, at least to my ears. Monolith sounded like it was mixed/mastered way too hot.

Don't know that anything will ever be Edge of the Earth material for me, but I dig what I'm hearing so far.
11.10.2014 - 02:44
Lord_Agony
Praise the gods
11.10.2014 - 02:54
Lord_Agony
Written by MyNameJeff on 10.10.2014 at 23:52

Damn his vocals have improved so much!

Absolutely godlike, unlike any other vocalist out there
11.10.2014 - 10:01
FYA
Destroyer
Cover art amazing as always,
12.10.2014 - 19:50
afu
I like it. The guitar in the intro has James Hetfield EMG pickups. My favorite active pickups!

Hits total: 2950 | This month: 4