04. Walking With No One
05. Rome
06. Liar
07. Dreamside
08. My Absolution
09. Twisted Mind
10. Time To Say

End of good music

Another newcomer from Finland playing Gothic Metal in the vein of Charon, Entwine and many other bands from the thousand lakes, to avoid further genre explanations for each band, let's just call it Suomi Metal.

The band obviously takes influences from bands such as Charon, Entwine and even Sentenced, but they add some mainstream elements to the mix to make it more accessible to wider audiences. The result is a bland, mediocre album filled with pseudo radio hits such as "Upside Down" and "Liar".

The band is less melancholic than the aftermentioned acts, they rely more on electro samples and beeps and bleeps to make their sound a bit different, but the only thing they achieve is to keep the listener bored all through the 46 minutes of the album. Not one song really caught my attention and there are 10 of them!

Production and sound is, of course, top notch. Is hard to find a bad sounding album from Finland, specially if the band is signed to Spinefarm Records.
When browsing the band members in their web page I discovered that their bassist Timo "Lede" Lehtinen is actually the bassist on Kalmah, and he has been also involved with Catamenia, this doesn't makes the music any better, but I thought it was an interesting fact to mention.

I bet that this will appeal some kids wanting to hear more Emo Metal stuff. The rest of you is warned, this is an insipid and ordinary album with no real hooks or attributes, a watered-down version of Suomi Metal. The worst part of this is that I think that this kind of acts are going to be very popular in a near future. Remember, I warned you first.

Written by Undercraft | 03.03.2006

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 32 users
07.02.2007 - 21:05
Rating: 8
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Meh, I liked it.

7/10
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
24.05.2008 - 09:41
FOOCK Nam

I like their music, but mostly for the song Upside Down, others for me are just mediocre.

Hits total: 3866 | This month: 9