Metal Storm logo
Cannibal Corpse - Comment On Cancelled Russian Shows

Even before Cannibal Corpse began their Russian trek, they had Russian Orthodox Church activist organizations trying to ban the shows. The truth is that three of the shows were cancelled. The death metal band recently completed their tour of Russia, a place they have played previously many times with no issues. Unfortunately, this tour did not go as planned. The group has now released a statement addressing these cancellations. Basically, they weren't allowed to perform at some shows.

Here is their statement: "A message to our Russian fans: As you all are certainly aware by now, our concerts in Ufa, Moscow, and St. Petersburg were cancelled. We were present in these cities and ready to perform each of these shows but were not permitted to. In Ufa the power was turned off shortly before the show (we were told because the venue was late on rent), and in Moscow and St. Petersburg we were told that we did not have the correct visas and that if we attempted to perform the concert would be stopped by police and we would be detained and deported (prior to the tour we had been told that we did have the correct visas and that all of our paperwork was in order).

"Our show in Nizhny Novgorod also had problems. In that city we performed half of our set before being stopped by police. We were told the police needed to search the venue for drugs and that the show had to be terminated. These are the reasons for the cancellations as far as we have been told. On the brighter side, we had a fantastic time performing in Krasnodar, Samara, Chelyabinsk, and Yekaterinburg. We were able to play our full set in all four of those cities.

"We came to Russia excited and prepared to play all of the scheduled concerts, and we apologize that we were not able to do so. It was beyond our control. We are extremely disappointed. We have played in Russia many times and we love our Russian fans. Hopefully someday the situation for us in Russia will be different and we will be able to return."

Photos: police raid photo from Nizhny Novgorod, paddy wagon in St. Petersburg

Cannibal Corpse's European tour with Revocation and Aeon continues today in Finland. Hopefully, no other problems such as these will happen.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Cannibal Corpse
Posted: 15.10.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 124 users
15.10.2014 - 21:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Putins hand, his order, ppl don't be bind to this case we all know patriarch and putin works togehher ... moe why us flag and nato symbols are anthems of rebellion
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.10.2014 - 01:29
garmling
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 15.10.2014 at 21:53

Putins hand, his order, ppl don't be bind to this case we all know patriarch and putin works togehher ... moe why us flag and nato symbols are anthems of rebellion

Monkey brain... Why is this strange to you? US and EU rushed with sanctions against Russia, this is just consequence....
16.10.2014 - 01:33
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 16.10.2014 at 01:29

Monkey brain... Why is this strange to you? US and EU rushed with sanctions against Russia, this is just consequence....

in some point I knew you're a serb

banning metal band wont do anything and besides Moscow , peter ppl are more less into Europian culture non needs Put and slavianic idea about purity and bushtit, same as we don't need medieval Catholicism and todays islam what dictates us what to do
Mecca, Moscow under VP controll , US and that Tripper Gore who was senators Gore wife (don't remember his last name) , society in 60's what so ever conservativism is same

Why they don't ban Bayern muchen players when entered , US hockey team in 2016 WC , UK from enter WC... why so non important metal band what is anti system and non important at all ... Europe don't need Rus ,we have where to go they need us much more, VP is playing loosing game his ideas about ussr and same time patriar kyril or what was his name about purity is out of date , sooner or later they will loose, if pro Europian forces will come , church will lose power.... same should happen in Greece and Serbia as well ...
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.10.2014 - 11:39
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Guest on 16.10.2014 at 01:29

But who started this man, who started...
16.10.2014 - 11:47
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I just think it's terrible to the fans. I would hate to live in a country where this would happen. Luckily, in Portugal we might have few shows, but at least we can watch the bands we want without them being threatened.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
17.10.2014 - 15:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.10.2014 - 20:14
garmling
Account deleted
Listen kid, or better to say very dumb kid (feel sorry for you), one day you'll figure out what I just told you, until then try to learn something!
17.10.2014 - 20:21
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by Guest on 17.10.2014 at 20:14

Listen kid, or better to say very dumb kid (feel sorry for you), one day you'll figure out what I just told you, until then try to learn something!

Wow... Sure I will... So far I figure out that you are mindless racist and nationalist, nothing more. Good luck in life, you will need it.
17.10.2014 - 20:34
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2014 at 15:01

Yeah off-topicness annoys the hell outta you

Written by Hex_Omega on 17.10.2014 at 18:45

That 'evil' US is fighting against dictators, radicals and extremists... Syria? Wtf that dictator is supported by Russia. US is fighting against Islamic terrorists in that country. They are dangerous and I'm glad that US is talking actions against them.

I can't help laughing at these statements
----
The Fangirl.
17.10.2014 - 21:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by angel. on 17.10.2014 at 20:34

Yeah off-topicness annoys the hell outta you

it is someone's blind hatred for anything US and the West and his screaming blatant anti-semitism on a par with that of Hitler and how brainwashed the guy himself is that annoys the hell out of me. If there is one very dumb kid posting here it is clearly our Serbian 'friend'.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.10.2014 - 21:19
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.10.2014 at 21:03

it is someone's blind hatred for anything US and the West and his screaming blatant anti-semitism on a par with that of Hitler and how brainwashed the guy himself is that annoys the hell out of me. If there is one very dumb kid posting here it is clearly our Serbian 'friend'.

I think he's going too far, but some parts of his statements are not that far from what's actually happening, I repeat some parts of them, but totally his approach is kinda antagonistic. And hey just because someone criticizes some wrong policies the person is not necessarily anti-semantic and holding blind hatred for US AND THE WEST, tagging people with some stereotypes and labels is easy.
----
The Fangirl.
17.10.2014 - 22:20
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker

That 'evil' US is fighting against dictators, radicals and extremists... Syria? Wtf that dictator is supported by Russia. US is fighting against Islamic terrorists in that country. They are dangerous and I'm glad that US is talking actions against them.

Am I lying Mary? Sure, many times they are fighting for oil... Nothing in this world is for free. But at least they are trying to establish democracy in other countries, many times they failed... But some countries are simply not ready for democracy (middle-east). And about Syria well... that 'Islam country' or whatever that is... that is something 'evil' and needs to be stopped. If you do not agree with me, tell me why.
17.10.2014 - 22:51
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Hex_Omega on 17.10.2014 at 22:20

Am I lying Mary? Sure, many times they are fighting for oil... Nothing in this world is for free. But at least they are trying to establish democracy in other countries, many times they failed... But some countries are simply not ready for democracy (middle-east). And about Syria well... that 'Islam country' or whatever that is... that is something 'evil' and needs to be stopped. If you do not agree with me, tell me why.

Well at first glance it sounds like what you say, humanitarian aids of US army to a land under pressure of extremists, great ! But going deeper into the issue, it's not even just oil ! The most recent example is what is happening in Kobani, there is an absolute genocide of Kurds there and hey look how US army this time is just watching the whole disaster, so why no humanitarian aid this time ? ! Isn't it paradoxical ? I suggest you one thing, watch Dirty Wars movie, you'll get more of it. It's not just helping these countries to reach democracy, however, it's not a good place here to go on with this debate, let me know when you watch the movie in pm

Edit : Also Prophets of War and I must add that democracy in idea fails already, if you read some about it as John Stuart Mill explains in On Liberty, philosophical book, democracy is not even the ultimate solution as all people think it is.
----
The Fangirl.
17.10.2014 - 23:46
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Written by angel. on 17.10.2014 at 22:51

The most recent example is what is happening in Kobani, there is an absolute genocide of Kurds there and hey look how US army this time is just watching the whole disaster, so why no humanitarian aid this time ? ! Isn't it paradoxical ? I

But right now US army is bombarding areas near Kobani to not let the terrorists from the 'Islam country' to slaughter Kurds in that city. Humanitarian aid is impossible right now because they have to get rid of Islamists first. I am slightly disappointed that this is only a bombarding, not a regular war, but Obama doesn't want to be involved in another regular war like in Iraq or Afghanistan. First of all situation in Syria is very complicated. There are 4 sides of a conflict. Islamists, innocent civilians, al-Assad regime supported by Russia and now US army. That's a total mess. Besides west countries are very sceptical about intervention in Syria. Look at Turkey. They are doing nothing while this conflict is just behind their back. And they are literally watching this massacre in Kobani.
18.10.2014 - 00:22
Sword_Chant

It's the fans who suffer most from this ban. The lyrics of this band are admittedly extreme at the best of times, but Cannibal Corpse are musicians like any other band, with some fans who are Russian. The fans should be able to support whoever they want. If the fans aren't acting out on the band's lyrics, then I don't see the harm in them playing anywhere live, be that Russia, Australia, China... wherever.
18.10.2014 - 05:58
D.T. Metal

Soooo, now that I had to read thru all of those "history" lessons - warning WILL be handed out and non-topic related post will be deleted; meaning almost most here.

For crying out loud peoples ... I don't care who fights who and why and where - this was an article about how the fans in Russia got denied watching Cannibal Corpse. Kudos to Sword_Chant - you were a breath of fresh air with your on-topic comment.
18.10.2014 - 06:14
D.T. Metal

You can relax now - most of it is cleaned up
07.11.2014 - 23:42
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Hex_Omega on 17.10.2014 at 22:20

Good luck in trying to establish democracy in a tribal society with a different mentality. You know... one of the big faults of the US and Western society is that they are always trying to impose their political regime everywhere they go. Probably this is why China's popularity is growing, because when they go to a country to negotiate trade relations, they do not give a fuck about what political regime is there, if the country respects free trade or human rights. In contrast, the US as well as Western society itself pretends that it despises dictatorship, but they did not have any qualms when it came to cooperate with Saudi Arabia, which is an absolutist monarchy reminiscent of the 16th century, Libia under Gaddafi (talking about France under the Sarkozi administration), South Korea before democratization and many, many more autoritarian regimes. They basicaly detest a type of dictatorship, the one that is not in their advantage. 'Cause if it is, they do not give a fuck about it.

You have to understand that democracy is not for fragmented societies that need a strong iron arm to be held together. You can't pretend to implement democracy in Iraq and to top it all, to succeed in doing so, when Iraq is divided between ethnic and religious groups (sunni, siit, kurds). Afghanistan is the same thing... Syria the same thing. Libia is ruled even today by a couple of tribes that wage war one against another for power. Gaddafi attained power because he defeated all the other tribes and seized control, he was the guy that kept the country together. Bring him down, you create a vortex of chaos that affected not only Libia, but the whole Northern, Central and Western Africa (Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Algeria, etc.).

As an ultimate conclusion, all this mess was created by Europeans. When they abandoned the African colonies, they drew borders without taking into consideration ethnic issues. In the Middle East as well, they brought death upon the Ottoman Empire that kept the region calm for centuries, and they were not capable of drawing borders in order to avoid future conflict. What's even more gruesome, is that they created false states that are conveniently used to cause tensions in the area (Kuwait, Iraq, Lebannon). What we have now in the Middle East is the legacy left by the fall of the Ottoman Empire and what happens today there is the sign that borders are bound to be redrawn.

Hits total: 2951 | This month: 7