04. The Infected
05. Blood Bath
06. Ancient Horror
07. Fragrance Of Corpse
08. Curse Of The Draugr
09. Sacramentum Gladiatorum
10. Ludus Magnus

Additional info
Recorded less than a year before Mike's passing. In February 2012, Rigor Mortis entered Ministry's 13th Planet Studios in El Paso,TX and recorded the 10 tracks that would become Slaves To The Grave.

Staff review by
ScreamingSteelUS
Rating:
Reviewing the posthumous opus ultimus of a recently-deceased artist imposes the unique burden of simultaneously preventing the unfortunate circumstances from coloring any objective sentiments about the work itself and remaining sensitive to the situation. While of course we believe in subjective reviews here, and some albums are best understood in the context of their creator's demise ( Woods Of Ypres's Woods V), more often than not death intensifies hero worship. Rigor Mortis require no special treatment; not only does Slaves To The Grave deliver well enough on its own, it is a fitting swan song and testament to the brilliance of both Rigor Mortis and the late Mike Scaccia.

Read more ››
published 19.10.2014 | Comments (1)

Found in 4 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 178 users
16.10.2014 - 16:06
Morbidron
Account deleted
Sometimes I wonder if I have forgotten how much I hated thrash metal or if I never really liked it to begin with...
08.02.2015 - 16:45
Joe Zombie

What an awesome record. Silly lyrics, and the vocals took some warming up to, but a very solid album nonetheless with mighty guitar solos.

Hits total: 8408 | This month: 18